The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

Well, only took 77 days for Trump to abandon America-first nationalism and cave in to the globalist neo-cons. I thought he'd last at least 100 days.. but... nope.

It's what you get from a politician whose policy is almost totally based on applause. Like Michael Bay, he figured out that the masses cheer when you make explosions happen.

Exactly.

Trump doesn't make decisions on an ideological or intellectual basis. He shoots from the hip aiming for the most popular choice at that instant based on what little he knows about the subject (while refusing to educate himself). Look not for consistency here.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Should we even make this a new topic? Comey goes to Congess! For the second time!

Oddly something like this will be the least weirdest thing to come out of the Trump administration's behavior. Two things that I can think of is this boils down to Comey's stating that Hillary was not in trouble for her emails because the FBI couldn't find anything that was criminal. Trump's still fuming over this because he wants his Russian probe dismissed like Hillary's probe over the emails was.

According to Comey the FBI didn't pursue charges because they didn't feel they could find a prosecutor to try the case. There's a difference.

I'm​ just going to lunch and I'm trying to figure out the basics if what happened, but this seems like Comey was shady as well. Leaking his own memos?

I can see what his point was, but in a Grandpa Simpson kind of way. If you have a question to ask, why not just ask the question?

Trump is a clown that doesn't have a clue what he is doing. That is what the people wanted and voted for. He hasn't spent a lifetime learning all the proper ethics of political life, or how to hide the shady shit. He is going to make lots of mistakes and gaffs. I am willing to give him a pass on that crap. What crime is he not being investigated for again?

The world is getting ready to melt down and all that half the country cares about is embarrassing our CIC, and all he cares about is defending himself. I don't like the guy, but he's the one we have. Let's not distract the fucktard and make him look more stupid than he is. The alliances that have made the world a relatively stable place since WW2 are under serious strain and most of the media outlets seem to be trying to drive the wedge deeper.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's assume that Trump is guilty of collusion with Russia. He told them when to release the hacked emails (Russians are too stupid to understand a calendar, without the genius of Trump they could have sprung the "October Surprise" in January).

Who cares? What is the crime?

Remember Obama's open mic incident with Medvedev? "This is an election year, I have to act like a strong and trustworthy leader who is willing to defend American interests and allies. All for consumption by the idiot voters back home you understand. After the election I will roll over. If Vlad wants Crimea I will offer only a token protest. The timing is just a little inconvenient for me right now." Wasn't that orders of magnitude worse? Did any of the people clamoring for Trump's impeachment over nothing even care?

It's called using quotations correctly when attributing words to somebody on a serious issue. There is a huge difference between what you wrote and the following:

It amounted to him saying that this was an election year and he had to act like a strong and trustworthy leader who is willing to defend American interests and allies. All for consumption by the idiot voters back home you understand. After the election, he will roll over. If Vlad wants Crimea, he will offer only a token protest. The timing is just a little inconvenient for him right now.

I would still disagree with you over the severity over what was captured there compared to the possibility of colluding with a foreign government to win the election, but that would not be providing a patently untrue statement by attributing those exact words to him. You might not see why I am so keen on making the distinction, but things like this are exactly how misinformation starts spreading. Sure, it might not happen here because of the small Nightly readership being vastly more intelligent and aware than the general internet user base, but false quotes like what you wrote can easily spread quickly via social media, where most people don't both to fact check. We saw this happen many times leading up to the election, such as with this false statement attributed to Trump, which I saw recirculated many times by a large number of people who truly believed it to be true.

• 3 weeks later...

What's comedic gold is Blazing Saddles.

Not anything having to do with modern US politics. Except for maybe Rubio's obsession with Trump's junk. I hear that he keeps drawing pictures of it, like Jonah Hill in Superbad

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.