The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

Sadly a policeman also died. The ridiculousness of the whole outing was just infuriating for me. I also learned what 6MWE that guy was wearing on his shirt meant and that made it worse. I've been openly arguing with family now on Facebook about how it wasn't ANTIFA and basically it was a bunch of people caught up in their own stupid beliefs like they're back in 6th grade propping up a bully and that these persons were much more dangerous in that they believe in conspiracy theories. It falls on deaf ears and lots of dumb links to echo chamber type websites that aren't real news to bolster their come backs to facts.

Also that pic of the guy in the bikini like chewbacca costumish thing? He's from AZ and a regular fixture in rallies supporting Trump. Politics isn't like your favorite sports team because believing the Dallas Cowboys will go to the Super Bowl doesn't hurt anyone but you.  (I know. I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan). Believing and acting on dumb stuff you hear/read from the internet and going to DC to act on it hurts others and your dumb president. I hope this at least provides some ending to the Trump era where Trump's relegated to the joke he was before he became president.

For me now that Facebook and Instagram are blocking Trump and people are resigning his administration is too little too late. LIKE NOW YOU DO SOMETHING? 

Also that pic of the guy in the bikini like chewbacca costumish thing? He's from AZ and a regular fixture in rallies supporting Trump. 

Yeah that guy has been seen on local news at the AZ Capitol many times protesting immigration, supporting Trump, and counter-protesting at BLM demonstrations.  I saw his mother interviewed yesterday on local news and she seems as wackadoodle as he is.  He has a valknut tattooed on his chest, which is a white power thing, as if the US Capitol attack wasn't enough to know how vile that freak is.

The craziest in the crowd definitely dressed like the most rabid NFL fans. I hope somebody in law enforcement was taking notes.

A couple dozen home grown crays also breached the gates at the WA State Governor's mansion and much like the Capitol idiots, had no idea what to do once they got in.

Nice plans.

2 minutes ago, The Choc said:

The problem with all this is that it plays into their narrative.

Yeah, but at this point being unable to spread their narrative is important.

I just think this right now is more about certain people feeling good than what is actually best. Now Im not really commenting on Parler, its possible the rhetoric on there warrants google and apple shutting it down basically. But Trump himself finally conceded last night. Unless I missed something he didn't tweet anything objectionable today before the banning. If he did let me know and my mind could change. 

At this point there are what? 11 days left? Im not sure antagonizing and antagonizer is the best idea. Put 10 employees on monitoring account to immediately delete any tweet he makes if need be? Sure. I just dont think this is really about doing whats right, its about the employees who kind pushed for this to feel good about themselves.

1 hour ago, The Choc said:

I just think this right now is more about certain people feeling good than what is actually best. Now Im not really commenting on Parler, its possible the rhetoric on there warrants google and apple shutting it down basically. But Trump himself finally conceded last night. Unless I missed something he didn't tweet anything objectionable today before the banning. If he did let me know and my mind could change. 

At this point there are what? 11 days left? Im not sure antagonizing and antagonizer is the best idea. Put 10 employees on monitoring account to immediately delete any tweet he makes if need be? Sure. I just dont think this is really about doing whats right, its about the employees who kind pushed for this to feel good about themselves.

At this point, he has nothing left to lose, so I think they did the pre-emptive thing trying to reduce his ability to call upon his followers to interrupt the inauguration. That's pretty much why Google and Apple are dropping Parler, people are using those platforms to organize again for the 20th. Even immediate removal is going to be seen and shared by possibly millions just like they are now. 

I'm going to admit that I struggle with "free speech". I think there are dangerous people and dangerous ideas. I think of free speech more in thr context of the government can't come after you for being critical, not that you get to say whatever the hell you want without consequences, especially when that language is violent or threatening. That said, I am not so sure I connected the dots between Trump announcing he will not be at the inauguration and that being a signal to attack or interrupt. Honestly, no matter what, this inauguration needs to be secure, even before Trump said that. I think Biden and Harris are absolutely in danger. (In some ways, the hatred towards Harris is even worse, because she's non-white and female, and those guys sure as hell don't want HER to be President.) I would prefer the whole event be virtual and indoors given the current political climate and COVID. In the meantime, can we get the FBI to keep an eye on Parler, FFS?

I found this meme for Hobbes. I know he will enjoy.

FB_IMG_1610175998455.jpg

The first thing  I have to say is that Twitter isn’t bound by the First Amendment. Twitter banning someone is no more a free speech issue than banning someone from Nightly. The fact that it’s bigger and the President doesn’t mean anything. Trump would’ve been banned from here long ago. The Republican assault on Twitter, saying Twitter has to say what they want, is the actual attack on free speech. Free speech means the government can’t dictate what you say or punish you for saying it, within certain parameters. It has absolutely nothing to do with what private organizations do.

The other thing is, this isn’t happening in a vacuum. Trump has been whipping up his private army using Twitter. His Twitter posts directly lead to his speech where he aimed a weapon at the Capitol and pulled a trigger. And even during his so-called concession, he was doing the same thing. Then he started posting even more about the election being stolen and his followers not being disrespected, etc., and immediately followed it up with talking about the inauguration.  These things aren’t happening in a vacuum. He’s aiming the gun again, and Twitter has a moral responsibility to stop him from pulling the trigger on their platform.

I feel like Twitter is Twitter. As proved by Parler and other avenues I think people will just start using something else to get their echo chamber of death and destruction. Trump has a following of groupies who will go until their death.

Now because they were so bold to post pics and stuff a lot of these people who ransacked the White House get to be arrested. They're the old hippies of the 60s for the new generation. I feel like Archie Bunker now when I sneer at them and their antics from my house where I am not arrested.

I think my favorite is the US AIr Force retiree who's going to face charges for I think stealing Pelosi's podium. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.