The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

4 hours ago, Dark Wader said:

If I recall you're in Australia. So the answer to that question is the same answer as what the fuck happened to our country.

Though to be fair to the US, they don't have Murdoch running the show like Aus and UK. 

We're our own kind of wacky, but what's going on across the pond is next level. I'm getting apocalyptic vibes.

I'm actually a bit more optimistic than I was a few months ago. Mostly because things are going pretty well with coronavirus here in Idaho. The economy is strong, unemployment has ticked up slightly but it's still only 4.2%. The state has a $400 million budget surplus. The death rate is relatively low. We're too busy for a civil war.

There is a decent chance we can eat popcorn and watch the mobs eat their parents from afar.

12 hours ago, Darth Spoon said:

I'm nearly 10,000 miles away and I'm terrified about all this.

What the fuck happened to your country?

Newt Gingrich and Roy Cohn. These sleazesacs decided decades ago to start slimy politics by division and it's been 'working' for them since Watergate. The average US citizen doesn't GAF about things that don't directly impact his/her paycheck  (see examples in this thread)so they haven't been paying attention and think all of *this* happened in a vacuum. It ramped up very quickly once trump threw his hat into the ring. The Trump fans here got sick of being shamed when they told racist jokes and got admonished for grabbing their secretaries so when Trump came along, they saw an ally and have been thrilled to show us all how batshit crazy they are ever since

1 hour ago, Iceheart said:

You have the same attitude toward this and every other bad thing on the horizon as my parents and grandparents. If it doesn’t directly affect me, fuck everyone else it does directly affect.

Which is the attitude that got our country in the place it’s in, btw.

Don't be dumb. I was talking about the prospect of violence in the form of a civil war or a near analog. Much better for everyone if the Mongols stay on the steppe and leave the mayhem to the ineffectual idiots.

Also, not putting your big nose where it doesn't belong (politically) is called federalism. It's what allows people with dramatically different opinions and beliefs to live in the same country WITHOUT a civil war. You do Michigan.

Your opinion means jack to me. You know nothing about me other than your false assumptions. I'm just the Trump voting, climate denying bible thumper right? Doesn't matter if not one of those things is true. Doesn't matter if I've done thrice as much to fight climate change as you. I'm just the uncaring conservative. 

Marc, I get it. It's a thing like a flex or something. You have to do it. But honestly we're all friends now posting on this site, so being mean or disparaging like that doesn't help. Yes, it's the internet but come on. Also this highlights one hundred percent why I think we're never going to get a Trump voter to change his mind and see how bad a president he is. It's the unwillingness to consider the other person and their point of view. Not everyone can live where you live and you probably don't want more people moving into your own private world. But helping others out and doing good by them means you get to stay where you are, unchanged. I think about the new billboards advertising that Californians go back, we don't want that in Texas. The people of Texas - specifically a certain group - don't want all those Californians here because it means their ideas are diluted and changed by people who come from a different perspective. To put it politely.

I believe that Marc has had more success in convincing Trump voters than most people here. People will trust and listen to someone who is part of their in group. I've managed to get some Trump voters to consider voting third party, or change their opinion on certain stances, because I'm part of their in group, even if I'm not a Trump supporter. But I'm not on social media and I don't broadcast my opinions a lot, rather focusing on individual issues. 

I thought I had my anger issues under control and could come back here without it getting the best of me. I was wrong, I'm starting to get those old familiar feelings. I wasn't built for the internet. I'm going to hang it up before I become one of the people looking forward to a civil war (again). Enjoy the echo chamber. 

5 hours ago, Fozzie said:

I believe that Marc has had more success in convincing Trump voters than most people here. People will trust and listen to someone who is part of their in group. I've managed to get some Trump voters to consider voting third party, or change their opinion on certain stances, because I'm part of their in group, even if I'm not a Trump supporter. But I'm not on social media and I don't broadcast my opinions a lot, rather focusing on individual issues. 

I'm not rolling my eyes at Marc's statement as much as I am that it's just very much part of his pattern.

He shows up, only posts in the Lyceum generally, makes some half-assed statements to be contrarian, likes to act like he's smarter than everyone, and tries to impress us by being oddly bipartisan (but not really). He'll imply somebody is uneducated on the topic at hand, or say something outrageously prejudiced, then when there's pushback he cries about how YOU DON'T KNOW ME or WALK IN MY SHOES or IDAHO IS DIFFERENT and proceeds to poke at people the exact same way he's claiming they are poking him. This continues for a week or two, then he vanishes for a few months, then comes back and does the exact same thing. It's textbook.

I actually had him on ignore, but the upgrade reset it.

On 9/19/2020 at 10:51 PM, Fozzie said:

Not only will it happen before Nov 3, it’ll be Amy Coney Barrett who has already recently gone through Senate confirmation, which will allow them to fast track it.

Reports are out that it’s definitely her, and she’s the only person Trump has even met with about it.

13 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Reports are out that it’s definitely her, and she’s the only person Trump has even met with about it.

Looks like she will be announced later today.  Have to hand it to you, good call.  Still remains to be seen if she will be confirmed before the election, but I suppose it is very possible.

21 hours ago, Marc DuQuesne said:

I thought I had my anger issues under control and could come back here without it getting the best of me. I was wrong, I'm starting to get those old familiar feelings. I wasn't built for the internet. I'm going to hang it up before I become one of the people looking forward to a civil war (again). Enjoy the echo chamber. 

why you always gotta be SO fucking snotty?

19 hours ago, Tank said:

I'm not rolling my eyes at Marc's statement as much as I am that it's just very much part of his pattern.

He shows up, only posts in the Lyceum generally, makes some half-assed statements to be contrarian, likes to act like he's smarter than everyone, and tries to impress us by being oddly bipartisan (but not really). He'll imply somebody is uneducated on the topic at hand, or say something outrageously prejudiced, then when there's pushback he cries about how YOU DON'T KNOW ME or WALK IN MY SHOES or IDAHO IS DIFFERENT and proceeds to poke at people the exact same way he's claiming they are poking him. This continues for a week or two, then he vanishes for a few months, then comes back and does the exact same thing. It's textbook.

I actually had him on ignore, but the upgrade reset it.

well. Idaho *is* 'different. I'll give him that

7 hours ago, Zathras said:

Looks like she will be announced later today.  Have to hand it to you, good call.  Still remains to be seen if she will be confirmed before the election, but I suppose it is very possible.

It’s official, she’s the nominee. And they can push her through quickly because the Senate already voted to confirm her recently, so there isn’t really much else to do.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.