The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

7 hours ago, Ms. Spam said:

Sadly I feel like this reaffirms what people think Texas really is. Like you have to a lot of redneckedy things happening for a place on the border which is 90% Mexican American. I would say that's pretty much all the white people in Laredo and it's environs. 

My hometown Boerne had a peaceful train of democrats going around it's town but they only get 150 cars in their train. The one pictured above had about 1500 vehicles. Amazingly there were no wrecks of name calling at either. 

Not like where I live is any better.  But if you are a redneck GOP voter in Texas, NM, AZ, or Eastern California, for that matter, chances are you are also a closed-minded Rush Limbaugh listener and Fox news watcher, at the very least.  And it's not uncommon to see a Confederate flag sticker on the back window, of said redneck GOP voter's truck, either.

It's easy to say Trump's base is rednecks and hillbillies who hate the homos and wimmins... but that's not the case. It pains me to admit it, but Trump is 100% representative of America. We're  country of over-inflated ego maniacs who like to say what we want and throw a fit when we're told to shut up. 

People want to dismiss the Q crowd as crazy-- but they aren't./ I've watched two people go down this rabbit hole, and they are smart, educated, middle-class people that love the idea that the government is being shaken up by an outsider, and think that all the accusations of sexism, homophobia, and racism from Trump are propaganda messages from a liberal controlled media. And sadly, there's enough evidence of a liberal bias in the media that this then justifies in their brain everything else Q throws at them. It's scary to see how easily people are manipulated.

What REALLY scares me is that both sides have already established a narrative the other is going to steal the election. Democrats are freaking out bout the post office, while Trump is pumping out OMG VOTER FRUAD babble.

Both sides have already said they will not accept a victory from the other side and we haven't even voted. Regardless of who wins, there is going to be rioting in the streets. I am like 75-85% sure this is the end of America.

In theory I am actually am too-- but that will bring an economic collapse. All your money in the bank could vanish if said bank folds. Our military is decentralized, how would that even work? It would be a chaotic mess and I don't want that world for my kid.. or myself

I don’t want to live through it either, but we’ve been ignoring making minor needed repairs for so long that now we have to rebuild from the ground up. It’s going to suck, but here we are, thanks forefathers!

Do we even want to mention the hysterectomies happening in ICE facilities? Ah, eugenics, our old friend.

There’s going to be violence following the election, and specifically Trump supporters are getting prepped to kill people, but it won’t be the end of America. We’re wounded, and deeply wounded. 

And, Tank, it’s really telling that you think that middle-class, educated people can’t fall for something crazy. 

A recent article in a local "snowflake" paper called the Current states that more Texans have lost health insurance during Trump's term than other states but the numbers are really close to what the rest of the US Is seeing. It's not so hilarious when you consider there's a pandemic going on. And no jobs are really being created that would give good health insurance. 

POV did a really good story on why smart people fall for Qanon nonsense. It has to do with our brains and the way we see things and process them. I like to believe we are just lazy and don't want to bother with facts or searching for the facts. 

6 hours ago, Brando said:

There’s going to be violence following the election, and specifically Trump supporters are getting prepped to kill people, but it won’t be the end of America. We’re wounded, and deeply wounded. 

And, Tank, it’s really telling that you think that middle-class, educated people can’t fall for something crazy. 

Sure they can, I didn't mean to imply that-- I just meant that the idea that all Republicans are hicks, fundamentalists, or rich old white men is one that is just not true.

I read a piece today that broke down legally what happens in the government if an election cannot be decided-- so there is a system. But that still requires the candidates to adhere to it.

18 hours ago, Tank said:

It's easy to say Trump's base is rednecks and hillbillies who hate the homos and wimmins... but that's not the case. It pains me to admit it, but Trump is 100% representative of America. We're  country of over-inflated ego maniacs who like to say what we want and throw a fit when we're told to shut up. 

People want to dismiss the Q crowd as crazy-- but they aren't./ I've watched two people go down this rabbit hole, and they are smart, educated, middle-class people that love the idea that the government is being shaken up by an outsider, and think that all the accusations of sexism, homophobia, and racism from Trump are propaganda messages from a liberal controlled media. And sadly, there's enough evidence of a liberal bias in the media that this then justifies in their brain everything else Q throws at them. It's scary to see how easily people are manipulated.

What REALLY scares me is that both sides have already established a narrative the other is going to steal the election. Democrats are freaking out bout the post office, while Trump is pumping out OMG VOTER FRUAD babble.

Both sides have already said they will not accept a victory from the other side and we haven't even voted. Regardless of who wins, there is going to be rioting in the streets. I am like 75-85% sure this is the end of America.

I get what you are saying, but I wanted to clarify something.  I am not saying Trump's base is entirely redneck hillbillies.  I am saying redneck hillbillies are likely to be Trump voters.  There are a lot of other groups who support Trump as well.  Look no further than those cleaning up on Wall Street these days, while the rest of the nation burns.  I think it is fair to say that there has never been a greater disconnect between the stock market,  the actual economy, and how most of the population is doing right now. 

But I do agree with you in that Trump reflects the prevailing attitudes of the majority of the population right now.  Namely, we ARE a nation of entitled, navel-gazing, myopic cry babies.  Everyone acts like a king or queen unto themselves, sees the US as the center of the universe, and damn everyone else.  Not only is our culture very individualistic, but it goes beyond that, and our culture is all about "me" and self-gratification.   I also feel a lot of people don't want to accept responsibility for their own actions and want to pass the buck.  I can only imagine what people outside the US think of the US culture and its people (generally), but I suspect it is not a very high opinion, and quite possibly the rest of the world is laughing at us right now.

9 hours ago, Iceheart said:

I don’t want to live through it either, but we’ve been ignoring making minor needed repairs for so long that now we have to rebuild from the ground up. It’s going to suck, but here we are, thanks forefathers!

Do we even want to mention the hysterectomies happening in ICE facilities? Ah, eugenics, our old friend.

I think we're probably looking at more of an end of America as we know it. And I'm all over that. Shit has just gotten too out-of-hand. 

19 hours ago, Tank said:

Sure they can, I didn't mean to imply that-- I just meant that the idea that all Republicans are hicks, fundamentalists, or rich old white men is one that is just not true.

I read a piece today that broke down legally what happens in the government if an election cannot be decided-- so there is a system. But that still requires the candidates to adhere to it.

Okay, cool. Here’s the thing, though: it’s a stereotype because there is a lot of truth to it. Trump won on the backs of billionaires and uneducated whites. Now, anyone who thinks that describes all Trump supporters, or all Republicans, is mentally deficient. But it still is substantial, and despite the “both sides!” argument, there are a lot of cases where special treatment for the rich has had a huge partisan divide in Congress.

I know several Trump supporters, and even more people who don’t support him but will vote for him because of single issues, most notably abortion. Many of them have advanced degrees, BUT they also refuse to acknowledge basic facts because, basically, they wouldn’t vote for someone who did X, and they voted for Trump, so therefore he couldn’t do X. Right now it’s saying he likes people who weren’t captured. 

And, yeah, no matter what people read into it, Q and QAnon is crazy. But we live in crazy times, so we look for conspiracy theories to make sense of the senseless. And we should all understand that, because we’ve spent decades trying to make sense of the prequels.

Also, my extended family is full of racist hillbillies who support Trump. Or, as someone else put it, not all Trump supporters are white nationalists, but if you ask a white nationalist who they support, it’s always Trump.

I don't think Biden can block, nor does he need to block, anything.  That sets a bad tit for tat precedent.  Besides, even doing it legit means nothing will happen until after the election, anyway.

Look, I hate Trump as much as you or anyone else here, but we need to allow for the Constitution to work for us without sinking to Trump's level.  Trump can't pass anything right now, let alone a SCOTUS nominee.

12 hours ago, Darth Krawlie said:

You don't think Mitch is gonna do his goddamned hardest to make it happen?

Not saying he won't.  I know all that is required is a simple majority, but I don't think the Senate wants to even touch this until after the election because a lot of projections show the dems will take the senate.  Those in danger of losing their seats don't want to draw attention to themselves and give another reason to vote against them.  

Except that every Republican running for re-election gets to go home and say that they're fighting for the Supreme Court, and look what we just did, but we can't let Biden have any Justices.

7 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Except that every Republican running for re-election gets to go home and say that they're fighting for the Supreme Court, and look what we just did, but we can't let Biden have any Justices.

Yeah but the same republicans will throw Trump under the bus if/when he loses.  Most confirmations take at least 2-3 months. Between the GOP wanting to wait until after the election the last time this happened, and the senators who are in danger of losing their seats might not want the stink of Trump on them for their own political survival, I think only the republicans too stupid to figure that out will actually push this before the election.

If Trump loses, Republicans who are in danger this election are probably losing. If they don’t rush this through, they run the risk of not getting a Justice. And that’s more important to them than almost anything else.

They easily can rush this through, especially if it’s someone they’ve already confirmed recently.

I can see before the new Congress and the inauguration,  if Trump loses that there is a potential for a "spoil sport" nomination and possibly confirmation.  But that goes against tradition and will make the GOP look like hypocrites.  The ones who remain will want to have some ability to work within the next Congress, as well as the republicans who are left will want to distance themselves from Trump.  It is possible they will rush this before the election, but I think it is more likely to wait until after.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.