The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

This is the type of debate or argument I enjoy the least but I get sucked into so easily. When the bulk of the text becomes defining words and phrases already used and making comparisons over two, sometimes unrelated events, it's no longer interesting or time-worthy.

I'm voting for Biden no matter who Bill Clinton fucked. I, also, can't believe a President who admitted to grabbing women by the ***** was given a pass by most Americans, no matter whose hair Biden sniffed. It's all creepy, old, white men doing creepy things and getting away with it. And unfortunately, the electorate just keeps giving us only creepy, old, white men to choose from for federal offices. This time, I'm going to vote for the creepy, old, white guy I think will best move this country forward in a decent manner.

America feels like a Ghost World, I feel like Im Enid and Biden is the old guy at the bus station.

[Which for me isnt a reference to suicide like many appear to think. I think its a reference to leaving the past for an unknown future. Which sure, absolutely thematically fits with death, but whatev. Oh, spoilers for a 19 year old film btw.]

I feel like we need Justus so we can have that feel of the old Lyceum. Sometimes I miss it.

I take it you're implying i'm some version of the Kwan Yus, Alakinskys, et al., of yesteryear, and you would be..let's just say woefully incorrect, since I do not march to any party line, but I will call out sociopolitical zealots, hypocrisy and BS when its smeared against the wall as honesty or truth. That's a problem in areas where the mantra is translated as one-thought-for-all. I do not buy into that intellectually dishonest crap.

Simple version:

Somebody said WTF TRUMP IS A PREDATOR

Justus said: SO WAS CLINTON

I said: that is conservative deflection 101 to dodge the topic by citing a case of the opposition doing something similar

No one is denying Clinton was/is a creep. No one is saying it didn't happen.

Talking about the long history of men in power abusing their privilege is a legit conversation... if that was the topic. It is not.

There's a difference between a treatise on that topic versus trying to distract from calling out Trump's dirtbaggery by attempting to normalize it because it happened before.

Sigh.

It is clear you are exactly the kind of one-thought-for-all person I just mentioned to Spam--you are ever caught up in a storm of such ideological hatred that accurate historical comparisons are an alien language to you--deliberately so. Truth must be rejected (or something far darker at work) to paint a laughably false narrative spewed by some around here that one Donald Trump's comment is the worst thing ever uttered and should have been the equivalent of pulling the pins of the grenades on his own belt.

You are free to be as hostile as you choose, but addressing the specific question about the Access Hollywood tape not ending Trump's presidential bid is easily answered and understood by Clinton's sexual assault allegation revealed during his 1st term not stopping his re-election. There it is again, that pesky, ever-relevant historical comparison. Sorry if you're too caught-up in hatred to understand that, but your red-eyed, fanged ranting does not change the fact sexual scandal rarely sinks presidential candidates or incumbents. Also known as...The Point.

Icy, yeah, apparently there are a bunch of people that swear Ghost World is a story about Enid deciding to kill herself rather than maybe Enid deciding to go live her life in the numerous unknown possibilities of the out there... Maybe it is another example of the glass half full or empty psychological thing.

I feel like we need Justus so we can have that feel of the old Lyceum. Sometimes I miss it.

I take it you're implying i'm some version of the Kwan Yus, Alakinskys, et al., of yesteryear, and you would be..let's just say woefully incorrect, since I do not march to any party line, but I will call out sociopolitical zealots, hypocrisy and BS when its smeared against the wall as honesty or truth. That's a problem in areas where the mantra is translated as one-thought-for-all. I do not buy into that intellectually dishonest crap.

Nah, Just that were homogeneous in the opinions expressed here and having a different perspective helps. I guess. I don't know. I wouldn't read into it too much. (Shrug)

But you definitely are Yulike. You are Kwan Lite

Simple version:

Somebody said WTF TRUMP IS A PREDATOR

Justus said: SO WAS CLINTON

I said: that is conservative deflection 101 to dodge the topic by citing a case of the opposition doing something similar

No one is denying Clinton was/is a creep. No one is saying it didn't happen.

Talking about the long history of men in power abusing their privilege is a legit conversation... if that was the topic. It is not.

There's a difference between a treatise on that topic versus trying to distract from calling out Trump's dirtbaggery by attempting to normalize it because it happened before.

Sigh.

It is clear you are exactly the kind of one-thought-for-all person I just mentioned to Spam--you are ever caught up in a storm of such ideological hatred that accurate historical comparisons are an alien language to you--deliberately so. Truth must be rejected (or something far darker at work) to paint a laughably false narrative spewed by some around here that one Donald Trump's comment is the worst thing ever uttered and should have been the equivalent of pulling the pins of the grenades on his own belt.

You are free to be as hostile as you choose, but addressing the specific question about the Access Hollywood tape not ending Trump's presidential bid is easily answered and understood by Clinton's sexual assault allegation revealed during his 1st term not stopping his re-election. There it is again, that pesky, ever-relevant historical comparison. Sorry if you're too caught-up in hatred to understand that, but your red-eyed, fanged ranting does not change the fact sexual scandal rarely sinks presidential candidates or incumbents. Also known as...The Point.

Tank is not what you describe. But I tried to put myself in the position of not knowing him an re-read...it seems to me youre looking at him like Mr Magoo with a magnifying glass: Tank can be, at times and in moments, a part of what you describe, even maybe a little more so than most here. But you state these things as if they totally define everything he is and then some. Even being generous to you-thats just not accurate. You have a bug up your ass about this and youre picturing King Kong where theres a bulldog.

Your disdain and apoplexy is palpable here: ... a laughable false narrative (it is neither)? Do you KNOW any women? Ask one how she felt about that ***** grabbing brag. To many, it truly is about the worst thing a man can say about a woman. That you find that a false narrative makes me wonder about your sincerity because that is a laughably false narrative to me.

Everything you say is so over the top-so black and white. I consider myself an expert at this crap and sir, I offer you my crown

And can we end this ridiculous Trump/Clinton comparison? One was an unproved (as of the time you refer to) allegation of a widely popular President. Most of us know better of that now and had we to do it over again, would react differently. The other is a brag from the perpetrator himself about kissing any woman he wishes and grabbing her by the genitals because he thinks himself a star. He also bragged about getting away with doing so. These two things are not the same! Please stop trying to say they are

In fact, Biden is mostly avoiding interviews period. Which is super smart, because he mostly just needs to shut up and let Trump kill himself. Keep 2020 about Trump and hide under the bed, Joe. Thats your winning strategy.

This is absolutely a winning strategy in 2020. The Biden campaign is being very smart. All the negative attention on Trump mismanaging COVID is exactly what he needs. Funny, because most elections are about getting the attention and putting yourself out there. If he hadn't been VP for a popular administration and a household name, I'm not sure this would've worked.

The guy must've hired one hell of an advisor. Biden is known for his big mouth and stupidity, really not unlike Trump at all.

I can't wait to sit back and watch the country vote on which sexual predator should be commander-in-thief. I will not be participating.

Biden is only Trumplike in age and skin tone. Yeah, hes said some pretty dumb things and has too many memory lapses, but hes not been proved a sexual predator, he doesnt lie constantly, hes not always denigrating people of color, foreigners, people who dont have as much money as he does, women, teenagers who want gun control and climate change addressed, his opponents, his own employees, or his own constituents. I think

that makes him very different. Hes not a bully, he doesnt make up childish nicknames, he knows how to correctly pronounce Thailand and Yosemite. That also makes him different. Why will you not participate, please?

Tank can be, at times and in moments, a part of what you describe, even maybe a little more so than most here. But you State these things as if they totally define everything he is and then some. Even being generous to you-thats just not accurate. You have a bug up your ass about this and youre picturing King Kong where theres a bulldog.

I'm offended.

But you definitely are Yulike. You are Kwan Lite

You are full of it. Kwan was a Right Winger. I am not. Time for you to jump off of your extremist POV that paints anyone not spewing your wild nonsense as someone from the ideological Right. Talk about a black and white worldview.

..and about this BS:

"Your disdain and apoplexy is palpable here: ... a laughable false narrative (it is neither)? Do you KNOW any women? Ask one how she felt about that ***** grabbing brag. To many, it truly is about the worst thing a man can say about a woman."

Notice the point being dodged, which was (as mentioned to Tank) addressing the specific question about the Access Hollywood tape not ending Trump's presidential bid is easily answered and understood by Clinton's sexual assault allegation revealed during his 1st term not stopping his re-election. You are such the over-the-cliff's-edge extremist that you are trying (and failing) to dodge a relevant historical comparison in order to sell Trump's comment as the worst thing a woman can experience.

Now, I'm going to break down the how and why you will go that low; i seriously doubt you know any woman--particularly one who has been raped. I--however--know women who have, and they would rightfully tell you to go f*** yourself for trying (ultimately) to downplay the experience of Clinton's accuser when you tap-shuffle-tap around it to go into your Trump Rant of the Hour. Yes, that is what you're doing, and I will tell you any expected hand-wringing denials and flames are rejected in advance.

What's despicable about your crap is that in dancing over the historically relevant answer to a question on a sexual abuse matter's effect on a candidate, you are engaging in the same selective memory/outrage that Trump voters were accused of doing regarding the Access Hollywood recording.

Grow up.

Did Justus just tell Monkeygirl, a woman who has posted here about her own experiences with domestic violence, that she doesn't know any women and SHE is making up narratives about people?

This is this funniest thread we've had all year.

How about an explanation that doesn't involve the Clintons?

Despite people asking Trump by what he has done recently, people knew who Donald J Trump was. He cheated on his first wife with his second wife. He cheated on his second wife with his third wife. People knew he was a sleaze. When people saw the Access Hollywood tape most people were like "yeah and?"

Maybe you find this alarming. Why? Staying away from the C word, you have politicians like Marion Berry who get re elected after being caught smoking crack.

The other thing, and I have been saying this for four years, is that politicians typically apologize and show shame. Neither Trump or Clinton are capable of shame, so they dont suffer the way that someone like Al Franken did.

Tank can be, at times and in moments, a part of what you describe, even maybe a little more so than most here. But you State these things as if they totally define everything he is and then some. Even being generous to you-thats just not accurate. You have a bug up your ass about this and youre picturing King Kong where theres a bulldog.

I'm offended.

A badass bulldog?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.