The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

Sooooooo. All these patriots out there kinda pissed that Trump ignored the briefing where his buddy Putin put a bounty on US servicemen? Trump has to go. We're not going to get him out of office unless we vote him out. I don't know if I can even ponder a third party as it is too critical. And now it looks like I'm going to get the virus just so I can vote because mail in ballots are out of the question even though US servicemen use them ALL the time to vote overseas. America runs on stupid.

I remember Sheep Murderers husband was in the Marines in 2016. He and the rest of the guys serving with him mostly voted for Bernie in the primary. They were later informed that due to an error, their ballots were never sent in and therefore were not counted in the election.

Michigan voted in 2016 to give all state citizens access to mail-in voting, but I still havent sent my application in because I want to make damn sure I see that machine count my ballot, even if it means suffering for it.

And holy shit about that Russian bounty. And the fact that Trump and all the people who cream over SUPPORTING OUR HEROES are just turning their heads because they want a boyfriend like Putin... holy shit holy shit holy shit.

Of course the Russians are paying the Taliban to kill Americans, it would be terribly unprofessional not to after what we did to them when they stuck their dingus into Afghanistan.

Hard to blame people for a little skepticism though, ever heard the one about the boy who cried Russia? We pay our debts sometime.

Concluding paragraph from Trump v. Vance:

"Two hundred years ago, a great jurist of our Court [Chief Justice John Marshall] established that no citizen, not even the President, is categorically above the common duty to produce evidence when called upon in a criminal proceeding. We reaffirm that principle today and hold that the President is neither absolutely immune from state criminal subpoenas seeking his private papers nor entitled to a heightened standard of need. The “guard[] furnished to this high officer” lies where it always has—in “the conduct of a court” applying established legal and constitutional principles to individual subpoenas in a manner that preserves both the independence of the Executive and the integrity of the criminal justice system."

This was a COMPLETE AND UTTER DEFEAT for the president and his advocates. No absolute immunity, no heightened standard for review of state law enforcement subpoenas seeking production of the president's personal papers.

CJ Roberts' opinion also contains a lot of historical detail, very worth reading Hamilton/Burr fans! As it turns out, we've been here before several times before. Only difference is this is a STATE law enforcement subpoena. If the president thinks state authorities are using the subpoena to try to limit his executive prerogatives, or to punish him for policy differences, he can make that argument.

But "n our judicial system, 'the public has a right to every man’s evidence.' Since the earliest days of the Republic, “every man” has included the President of the United States."

Stolen from a friend but I can't help but think perhaps America is just done with Trump.

Not likely. Both cases were kicked back to the lower courts. The most unfavorable-for-Trump ruling is concerning a criminal investigation, so it was always extremely unlikely that we would see what they requested, unless you're on that grand jury.

You know what I don't get? Trump has a history of making false claims, right? Covid 19, hurricanes, immigration, you name it, and he's made false claims about it (statistics that seem to come out of thin air, etc.) Now, given how much Trump loves to fire people, why hasn't he fired whoever is giving him the bad intel? After nearly four years, how is it that that guy still has a job? If there's anyone in the Trump administration that needs to be given the boot, its that guy, because he's making the president look like a moron.

Serious answer, I think Trump is intentionally doing it all to create chaos. Not sure what his motives are. Most likely because he and his family are making money off it somehow, or even just being insane, but I think he is a straight up racist, too. All that has happened from the populism, the border wall, the to DAPL pipeline, to retweeting white supremacist tweets, communing sentences of cronies, schizoid response to not just COVID but literally EVERYTHING, forcing schools to reopen under threat of losing funding, the Russia collusion thing, to setting race relations back 60 years and dividing this country more than it has been since the Viet Nam era, and everything else he's done, the big losers has been people of color. Now that there is a real chance he COULD lose the election, it reminds me of Hitler when it was clear Germany could no longer win the war, he intentionally set up conditions that destroyed Germany. It's hard not to think Trump isn't doing this by design, and that could be his motive.

Congress says where to send the money, the Executive branch sends the money. Similar to Ukraine. They can't necessarily stop it without Congress acting, but they could refuse to share it.

But then as a game upmanship thing, Trump commutes Roger Stones sentence.

So we just have to vote. It's up to us to right the United States of America.

It will not happen with Biden. You know Biden--he's the guy with a decades long history of targeting black people as an elected official, right up to his recent "you ain't black" crap (even in that statement, he stereotypes black people with an assumption he's "speaking their language" with slang), and rejection of reparations for ADOS (American Descendants of Slaves) unless he can stitch every other group in the known galaxy to a uniquely black American issue / situation. Yeah, he's going to bring America together like no other....

Everybody keeps thinking like we vote for JUST the ONE person, when, in reality, we're voting for a change of administration. We're voting in an entirely new executive branch that is more than just the ONE person. Biden may not be the man who will come in and strong arm our country back into shape, but he will certainly bring in at least a few people who can start making the changes needed to set us back on the right path.

Honestly, it's going to take decades to undo the damage this administration has done.

I don't even care about the voting for President any more. I'm voting for Biden and that's done. It has helped a lot with thoughts about Trump. Like whatever he does I don't care. My vote for a hair sniffing weirdo democrat is sealed. Nothing will change my mind. Instead I'm focusing on Senate seats. I've donated to Kelly's run in Arizona and whomever is running against Mitch McConnell in Kentucky and whomever is running against the idiot Ted Cruz or Cornyn.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.