The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

He said that the media coverage and Democratic response was a hoax tied to the failed impeachment and removal. Not that the disease is a hoax, although plenty of his supporters believe so.

He said that the media coverage and Democratic response was a hoax tied to the failed impeachment and removal. Not that the disease is a hoax, although plenty of his supporters believe so.

This is a great illustration of my rant.

I'm struggling with being on the same side as people who constantly change the narrative. Rampgate is another one. So a 75 year old dude was careful walking down a ramp in front of million of viewers... and now, half the liberals I know (you know, from the party of compassion and forgiveness) is saying they wish he fell, or that he's obviously had a stroke, or whatever.

Trump is an evil ****, and he's brought the worst out of what always felt to me like the "good guys," but this is like the third act of the movie where the good guy (after murdering a thousand minions and lower tiered bosses) gets to the villain and suddenly regains his virtue by saying, "You're not worth the bullets" or some other catchphrase... only that end virtue return isn't going to happen.

The problem is social media. I think that 90% of it is a combination of clickbait articles and people making jokes that others then take seriously. But you end up in that echo chamber and suddenly it becomes fact. Which is also a psychological fact - the more you hear something the more likely you are to believe it, even if you know its false.

A few months ago, I took out digital subscriptions to The Houston Chronicle, The Washington Post, and The New York Times. I also started unfollowing the crazies on FB and blocking posts from random "news" sources. It's been like a breath of fresh-air. Actual journalism, properly written, researched, cited, and presented is so different than hasily written "articles" put out by video-based news channels.

I am seriously starting to think 2020 will go down in history as the beginning of the end of the US as we know it. If Trump wins, we are effed, and we may just see more riots if he does win. If he loses, we still are effed. Biden doesn't have what it takes to turn this nation around. He's not running to make a difference, but because he thinks the presidency is owed to him. But every time he opens his mouth, he sounds like a blithering idiot. Every time he makes a public appearance, he looks so unhealthy and worse than the last time he appeared. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he;'s elected, he dies in office from natural causes, or has a stroke or something. The only thing he has going for him is he is not Trump. That's it.

This nation is so divided at this point, there is no way it will ever be united again. Also, with all the businesses going out of business, and with COVID 19 Part Deux just around the corner, fires in the Southwest and California, and probably more natural disasters like hurricanes on the way later this year, and we will likely run up the national debt to beyond $30+ trillion in bailouts and paying for these disasters, I fear a major economic collapse is a very scary, and real possibility. Sure the stock market is high, but that only means people with money are trading. It is a poor indicator of how this nation is doing, economically.

I really wonder at what point it will just be every person for themselves.

I am seriously starting to think 2020 will go down in history as the beginning of the end of the US as we know it. If Trump wins, we are effed, and we may just see more riots if he does win. If he loses, we still are effed. Biden doesn't have what it takes to turn this nation around. He's not running to make a difference, but because he thinks the presidency is owed to him. But every time he opens his mouth, he sounds like a blithering idiot. Every time he makes a public appearance, he looks so unhealthy and worse than the last time he appeared. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he;'s elected, he dies in office from natural causes, or has a stroke or something. The only thing he has going for him is he is not Trump. That's it.

This nation is so divided at this point, there is no way it will ever be united again. Also, with all the businesses going out of business, and with COVID 19 Part Deux just around the corner, fires in the Southwest and California, and probably more natural disasters like hurricanes on the way later this year, and we will likely run up the national debt to beyond $30+ trillion in bailouts and paying for these disasters, I fear a major economic collapse is a very scary, and real possibility. Sure the stock market is high, but that only means people with money are trading. It is a poor indicator of how this nation is doing, economically.

Movies always portray the end of the world as a giant war or disaster. It's far more likely it will be due to economic collapse followed by the inability to maintain any sort of technological or agricultural infrastructure.

Movies always portray the end of the world as a giant war or disaster. It's far more likely it will be due to economic collapse followed by the inability to maintain any sort of technological or agricultural infrastructure.

Trump could still yet go for the Omen III: Final Conflict quadfecta: follow up Covid 19, civil unrest, economic collapse by topping it all off with starting a war.

State polling doesn't really indicate that's gonna happen. But who knows.

https://electoral-vote.com/

Biden's lead is approaching double digits nationally if it hasn't already hit it. He's leading in most swing states, including all of Trump's must wins, and within the margin of error in a few reliably red states. All of these polls have been either consistent for months, or have had Biden's lead increase since Bernie dropped out.

I really wish non-Trumpers, especially those who really want him gone, would stop talking as if it's inevitable. The more that's voiced, the more likely it'll convince people to not vote at all because they think it's pointless.

Come on, let's have a little optimism here.

EDIT: Immediately after posting this, I hop on Twitter and see this, a Fox news poll showing Biden going from an 8 point lead to a 12 point lead in a month. Nightly won't let me post the picture, so here's the link: https://twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/status/1273739814974734336?s=20

From the site you just posted.

The Washington Post and Wall Street Journal also got copies of the book in advance. Some of the Post's bombshells include:
  • Trump was fine with Xi building concentration camps for Uighurs, an ethnic minority group that lives in China
  • Trump indeed blackmailed Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky, as Democrats have charged
  • Senior staffers were frequently gobsmacked at how erratic, ignorant, and incapable Trump is
  • Foreign leaders found it easy to manipulate Trump
  • Trump wanted to jail journalists and said they should be executed
  • U.S. sanctions against North Korea had to be waived because Trump wanted to give Kim Jong Un presents

I wouldn't call those "bombshells". I'm pretty sure we already knew most of that, but it's nice to see confirmation.

From the site you just posted.

The Washington Post and Wall Street Journal also got copies of the book in advance. Some of the Post's bombshells include:
  • Trump was fine with Xi building concentration camps for Uighurs, an ethnic minority group that lives in China
  • Trump indeed blackmailed Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky, as Democrats have charged
  • Senior staffers were frequently gobsmacked at how erratic, ignorant, and incapable Trump is
  • Foreign leaders found it easy to manipulate Trump
  • Trump wanted to jail journalists and said they should be executed
  • U.S. sanctions against North Korea had to be waived because Trump wanted to give Kim Jong Un presents

I wouldn't call those "bombshells". I'm pretty sure we already knew most of that, but it's nice to see confirmation.

The only real bombshell is if any of this will actually ****ing matter.

Heres the way it could potentially matter: by increasing the anger people feel towards Trump and forcing them to get out and vote even though they dont love Biden.

Of course Trump fatigue also sets in because theres some new thing every few hours.

State polling doesn't really indicate that's gonna happen. But who knows.

https://electoral-vote.com/

Biden's lead is approaching double digits nationally if it hasn't already hit it. He's leading in most swing states, including all of Trump's must wins, and within the margin of error in a few reliably red states. All of these polls have been either consistent for months, or have had Biden's lead increase since Bernie dropped out.

I really wish non-Trumpers, especially those who really want him gone, would stop talking as if it's inevitable. The more that's voiced, the more likely it'll convince people to not vote at all because they think it's pointless.

Come on, let's have a little optimism here.

EDIT: Immediately after posting this, I hop on Twitter and see this, a Fox news poll showing Biden going from an 8 point lead to a 12 point lead in a month. Nightly won't let me post the picture, so here's the link: https://twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/status/1273739814974734336?s=20

IMHO, the reason Biden is polling ahead of Trump right now is because he has largely kept a low profile. He pops up from time to time to make a comment, but it is usually in a controlled situation where he is basically reading off bullet points, but not having to answer questions like "What EXACTLY would you do differently than Trump." Don't misunderstand, I HATE Trump with a passion. But the Dems handed us yet another Douche Nozzle VS Sh** Sandwich election like we had in 2016 in nominating Biden. He might have been the best option of the 2020 Dem candidates, but really that IS part of the problem. I think once Biden is more visible, starts displaying his almost supernatural abilities for gaffs, and especially depending whom he selects as a running mate, that lead he has right now will evaporate. If he wants any snowballs chance in Hell to be elected, he should decline any and all invites to debate Trump. The guy is a hot mess.

Maybe. I've heard talk that he actually has a band of followers who go to all (or most) of his rallies. And they're the ones who camp out for days ahead of time to see him. They're the deadheads of our day (and what an enormous fall backwards that is!), so his crowd is even smaller than it appears.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.