The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

Conway is safe. I'd be super surprised if she gets anything negative from Trump since she projects loyalty more than any other member of the administration who isn't related to him.

If she had to choose, she would leave her husband for Trump.

Where IS Rudy? Where is Ivanka? They've each been out of the public eye for weeks.

News today that Vindman's been fired, White House claiming he hasn't been....

I watched George Bush being interviewed on TV last night-talking about his day

on 9/11. It felt like watching a POTUS from a century ago.

Haley is doing a great job of threading the needle politically. She’s not saying anything bad about Trump, and is really being loyal to the presidency and the Constitution, but is also pointing out that people have real fears about Trump, and not just Democrats or Never Trump scum.

I will never vote for her, because Trump has soured me on Republicans forever, but she’s positioning herself to do well in a post-Trump world. After Don Jr has been president for two terms starting in 2025, of course.

so do we need an impeachment thread or are we just going to talk about that here? It's getting interesting. The thing I remember most about Nixon's impeachment was that so many people didn't seem to care or maybe didn't believe until it was on TV. I wonder how this will compare because of the changes in TV and media-will the televised charges seem more real to anyone? There isn't enough popcorn in the world.

Predictions on how Trump will verbally strut when the Senate acquits him? Will he hold victory rallies?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So ahh. Trump suggested to maybe inject disinfectant to kill coronavirus and to also get high amounts of UV exposure to kill it. He's retarded right?

Thats incredibly offensive to people with disabilities.

Not the word, lumping Trump in with them.

I know I'm not supposed to say this as a liberal person-- but he didn't say that exactly. He's an idiot and doesn't know how to speak properly, but he was basically looking to a medical and making the offhand remark that they he wants to see something like when UV treatments, or the disinfectant effect on germs under a microscope makes for a fancy visual obliteration of cooties. He was basically saying HEY WE NEED SOMETHING LIKE THIS.

But he speaks like an idiot, and the press loves to make talking points out of everything he says-- an no doubt, some idea will inject bleach and die tomorrow.

I am so apolitical at this point. I hate all of them.

Thats certainly the kindest way to take his statement, but the reality is theres no more evidence for that interpretation than the other. And he denies that he meant it the way you took it. I know he lies nonstop, but you have two interpretations and the person who said it says he meant it in the way a lot of people took it.

"So I asked Bill a question some of you are thinking of if you're into that world, which I find to be pretty interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous, whether its ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said, that hasn't been checked but you're gonna test it. And then I said, supposing it brought the light inside the body, which you can either do either through the skin or some other way, and I think you said you're gonna test that too, sounds interesting. And I then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute, and is there a way you can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it'd be interesting to check that. So you're going to have to use medical doctors, but it sounds interesting to me, so we'll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it goes in one minute, that's pretty powerful."

"I know I'm not supposed to say this as a liberal person-- but he didn't say that exactly"

Disagree. I think being forthcoming is a good thing regardless of politics. I've been saying the same thing. Lord know the guy says enough to mock him 5 times daily-and even if we're being accurate about what he actually said-he still shouldn't have said it.

"But he speaks like an idiot, and the press loves to make talking points out of everything he says-- an no doubt, some idea (idiot?) will inject bleach and die tomorrow."

A group of conservatives I know is way ahead of this possibility already. They're all ready with their replies before this evens happens and to them, it will be a Democrat who will do this only to make Trump look bad.

I've reached the point where I trust nothing. I think both sides pump out fake news. People believe anything they read. Is Trump an idiot? yes. Does the left media over-play they're hand at attacking him instead of reporting actual news? Yes. Is it any wonder people go to freedomeagle dot org or whatever to find a voice that agrees with them? Of course not, we're all alienated.

The whole situation-- from what Trump said, or why he said it, to the media response, to what people will or will not do as a result-- I trust none of it. I believe none of it. I want the Federal government to be decimated at this point. MAYBE I WILL VOTE FOR TRUMP TO MAKE SURE IT HAPPENS.

I won't.

But our political system is irrecovably broken.

I get what you're saying. It's pretty obvious that he didn't actually seriously suggest people start shooting up Lysol or anything. But regardless, he did say it that way, and people mocked him for it because that's what people do. We mocked teens for "eating" Tide Pods when they didn't actually do that. One of our TV stations didn't proofread their info slide and accidentally told us that we could use bananas as a face covering, and we mocked them. Mocking people for saying/doing something stupid, even when it's an obvious mistake, is what we do.

Trump, unfortunately for all of us, has a greater responsibility to not say stupid shit because in this country we try to believe that all men are created equal and for better or worse that means we try to protect the idiots from themselves. Trump saying stupid shit mobilizes idiots to do stupid shit. So yeah, he should really watch his "sarcasm". But first the love of everything, watching people twist themselves to try to vilify or explain away a misstep, no matter how stupid and irresponsible, is mentally exhausting. Let the internet handle the mocking. No need to hammer it in on the Nightly news.

I get what you're saying. It's pretty obvious that he didn't actually seriously suggest people start shooting up Lysol or anything. But regardless, he did say it that way, and people mocked him for it because that's what people do. We mocked teens for "eating" Tide Pods when they didn't actually do that. One of our TV stations didn't proofread their info slide and accidentally told us that we could use bananas as a face covering, and we mocked them. Mocking people for saying/doing something stupid, even when it's an obvious mistake, is what we do.

Trump, unfortunately for all of us, has a greater responsibility to not say stupid **** because in this country we try to believe that all men are created equal and for better or worse that means we try to protect the idiots from themselves. Trump saying stupid **** mobilizes idiots to do stupid ****. So yeah, he should really watch his "sarcasm". But first the love of everything, watching people twist themselves to try to vilify or explain away a misstep, no matter how stupid and irresponsible, is mentally exhausting. Let the internet handle the mocking. No need to hammer it in on the Nightly news.

This.

He is the president. He is held to a higher standard than some random. Retarded shit comes out of my mouth on a regular, but not in a professional setting (or to a much lesser degree). I regularly ask myself at work, "would an idiot say that thing. If the answer is 'yes', I do not say that thing".

The other thing is, Obama didnt double down and argue that there are 57 states, or lie and say that he never said it. He messed up and he let it go. Trump will fight to the death to support anything he said. And he lies constantly. It seems like the media thing is personal because he makes it personal, but they have a moral responsibility to report facts despite the fact that Trump and MAGA people dont believe facts exist.

• 1 month later...

HAHAHA. Trump is dialing it in. He's using his old stuff from 2016 for campaigning where it's all about we have to get rid of the current administration. And I for one agree!

And then we have this nonsense:

Attendees of President Donald Trump's upcoming rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, must agree not to sue the campaign if they contract coronavirus.

It'd be near impossible to prove any individual got it from the rally anyways. Especially since people who would go to a rally are already likely to be engaging in activity that would put them at risk.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.