The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

HAHAHA. I mean he feeds my nutty family. They still think he's doing a fantabulous job and plan to vote him in 2020 to a second term. I've stopped arguing with them and just enjoy the ride. But honestly, he grifted his way to president. I hope he is a pauper after he's sued when he leaves office.

The theatrics make his base love him more. As a person, he's vile, disgusting, crude, and cruel. And those are his good points.

As a president, he's in over his head, has yes men instead of advisers, but he's done some good stuff, like forgiving student loans for wounded veterans. He's not going to be remembered as one of the best presidents, but he also won't be remembered as the worst, unless something huge changes either way.

Mine either, that I know of, but one of mine did post support for men that repeatedly said they wanted to drag liberals from their homes and kill them as the traitors they are. I called him on that, kindly, hoping he just hadnt seen their comments. He told me to lighten up, that it was all just jokes and fun. Hes a Christian missionary btw, but I guess their idea is not that different than marking doors in the Old Testament. You all remember that great prank that God pulled right? Laugh a minute there.

Today on Twitter Trump, the President demanded all drug trafficking be halted. It is a decree of pure genius and righteousness. How could drug trafficking have not been illegal before now? Maybe tomorrow the President will tweet about his idea for ten rules that we all should live by. #ChosenOne #KingofIsrael

Today on Twitter Trump, the President said he was just joking bruh. Seriously. JK LOL Dumb media. Pls ignore the King of Israel retweet, his love for dictatorships, his well established narcissism, his hereby decrees and his constant pandering to an extremist Evangelical base. Anyone thinking he was saying he was a messiah is stupid. To be a messiah clearly would make him one step below a God, which is absurd obvi.

1. his love for dictatorships

2.his well established narcissism

1. America is a land that has built and supported as many dictatorships as its fought (see: Rumsfeld's cozy relationship with Hussein, before the latter was "EEVILL!" once Rumsfeld was part of the Bush Jr. administration, or Eisenhower's role in the coup against Mosaddegh / the appointment of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi (Shah) of Iran, or the Kennedy administration trying to assassinate Castro--for the benefit of Mafia bitchslapped Batista loyalists--and on and on and on). Trump is just marching to the tune of a very old drummer. The difference here is that those in the grip of an ignorance of history and/or "no, he's the only-isms" will claim Trump is some radical character never seen before.

2. I seem to remember the previous seat-warmer loving to grin on talk shows as hosts soiled their pants for the joy of breathing his air (while in office), mugging for attention by singing an Al Green song in reference to himself, etc. Dare I ask when he is the last time a U.S. President was not filled with narcissism in one way or another...

Fair.

However those points about Trump were noted to establish his pattern and lean opposite to his insistence of the contrary in this particular moment. A moment where he looked up to the sky, paused, not appearing to be smiling as he said*, his hands still open to the sky and then proclaimed he was The Chosen One. Which was done in conjunction with retweeting he was like The King of Israel and like the Second Coming of God. *Which is done in conjunction with believing along with or at least pandering to not just an Evangelical base, but an extremist and conspiracy advocating one which they themselves argue that Trump is a leader blessed by and used by God, even calling him the Chosen One prior to this proclamation by Trump himself.

So... again, what you said is fair, of course I do not deny history, but it feels to me to be flawed as a defense in this instance.

Trump is right on one thing at least, he is on a whole nother level.

Afterthought: That you chose to push back on this particular situation with Trump has given me great amusement, since it followed (*unintentionally or not) the, I suppose now classic, But Obama pattern.

*added later

The people screaming about it being a felony are ensuring his re-election. If Trump enemies want him to lose, they need to stop the outrage and find something positive to get behind. Outrage against an incumbent didn't help the GOP in 2012, and it won't help in 2020.

I agree it is silly, perhaps even rabid, to scream

about a felony when it is actually a misdemeanor... which you know, is also a crime (whether it was Trump or not and whether that charge would actually hold here). I do however understand the exasperation and exhaustion of those that are screaming. Then again, perhaps that approach is better than the apathy which is seen in other responses.

The people screaming about it being a felony are ensuring his re-election. If Trump enemies want him to lose, they need to stop the outrage and find something positive to get behind. Outrage against an incumbent didn't help the GOP in 2012, and it won't help in 2020.

Are a lot of people really losing their mind about this, or is it just the Twitter echo chamber?

Today on Twitter Trump, the President retweeted an anti-semitic white supremacist because this person praised him.

So no new news today. Nor likely tomorrow when the President, acting as his own Press Secretary, will distance himself from the white supremacist by saying he was just retweeting a supporter and doesnt know anything further about them... and please ignore the other times this exact thing happened, and also that his own campaign is officially using the logo of this particular white supremacist group.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.