The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

Making fun of Trump is like having sex with Tank: super easy but deeply unsatisfying.

...and you can't stop yourself from doing it more and more while telling all your friends who don't like it that they can screw off.

The Squad. HA. Do people really fear progressive democrats that much? I mean I guess if I lived in Seattle I'd have a bit of fear but honestly...

I just want to know where this Ayanna Pressley came from. Before I started hearing about "the squad", I had never heard of her. I guess "the squad" needed an African American woman in the group.

• 3 weeks later...

Today Trump proposed a ban to video game violence, to allow for involuntarily confinement of the mentally ill/violent, to increase the surveillance capabilities of the government, increase red flag cases which is for the swift temp-banning of gun ownership / removal of guns from those it has red flagged, to fast track the death penalty for those the government labels as terrorists and mass murders.

These arent solely Trump ideas, obvi, this type of stuff is long in the making and slippery slipping no matter what color holds what office.

That said, anyone else see the potential issues here with or without other proposals and circumstances of this current era in America?

eg. the idea to officially label certain political movements/ideologies/protestors as terrorists. the continued support for ICE/Border Patrol meaning with all of its present due process subverting authority. The cultural proliferation in the justification for police brutalities, usually in the vein of they did something or should have followed directions better. The playing by the President and his supporters about him being owed time as President. The Presidents flirtation with permanent Presidency in relation to China and his supporters then not seeing an issue with such flirtation. The continued dehumanization of various groups and acceptance of such by his supporters essentially solely on the basis of illegal is as illegal does and or the idea that it is against my religion so therefore it is sick and a mental illness. The present culture of righteousness, nationalism and patriotism which has the various sides tell others they arent even American. The proliferation of the idea that anyone that doesnt agree with Trump is deranged, even echoed with authority by members of congress. The acceptance, seemingly en masse (and including the President himself and cabinet members like Ben Carson) of conspiracy theories and religious ideas of evil and demons (almost, or essentially, a new witch hunter movement). The advocation for side stepping the courts for enemies of state, both by the President (flirting with more and continued imprisonment outside the purview of the constitution) and by his supporters for military tribunals and public hangings. For the continued attack on what is truth and fact, other than what is said by the President.

Today on Twitter, President Trump quoted Fox News, after he got his feelings hurt by former President Obama who had echoed Trumps own proposal to stop the hateful rhetoric. In this quote the Fox News correspondent uses the word reign instead of terms when referencing Obamas terms as President. Twitter went nuts at Trump, no news there (at Trump or otherwise). While I think it is valid to note Trump didn't actually say/write the word reign (because it is a quote), it is perhaps Freudian that word was used and is there... considering both Trumps flirtations with term limits and his supporters acceptance of that.

Edit in:

So I was Churious ... thats intentional, its when I suddenly feel inquisitive while eating my daily bowl of my new favorite cereal Cinnamon Toast Churros ... about the usage of the word reign in relation to Presidents and so I set about trying to find legitimate uses of it. Eventually I found someone else had already done the deep dive and it appears so a couple years ago.

https://www.dailywritingtips.com/reign-or-regime/

Anyway...

Afterthought: Also today on Twitter, Trump insinuated (again using Fox to back him up as some sort of evidence) that Google is essentially committing treason against the US. In the same thread he implies that a Google exec prostrated and groveled before him.

Hey, if everyone gets to use weighty terms to describe things, tell how me the words I used to describe Trumps activity with Google is inaccurate. Context. Look at the Cons text. ;-) lol

Today on Twitter, Trump (who lest we forget is the President of the United States using as deemed by the Department of Justice an official means of communication with the country) wondered if Chris Cuomo should be red flagged. Cuomo used what was described as (and the video is available in all your finest streaming establishments) filthy and threatening language towards an apparent (or perceived) right wing heckler. Trump Twitter supporters appear to agree with Trump, meanwhile and surprisingly, Hannity supported Cuomo. Perhaps this is a good example for why Red Flag laws are a controversial and complicated issue, given its ultimate suggested use here as a means to reduce the rights of a citizen that, while he did lash out, is also known for criticizing the Presidents political positions.

Trump is THE Twitter troll. He tweets like he's just another guy. That's why I don't pay attention to any of it. Half of it is not serious. He's just trolling.

No. Hes not. Hes floating ideas to see their reception. When they are repeated by his base, he redoubles his efforts to spew those ideas. He also conducts policy and administrative duties from his account. He absolutely is not trolling. Your dismissal of his tweets is foolhardy and disturbing.

I am of the group who believes Trump can't help himself on Twitter. If he sees an opportunity to go after someone he does. For better of for worse, and it's usually worse. Your can usually see it in the amount of thought that goes into what he tweets. I think he saw a chance to go after a CNN anchor who did something dumb. No underlying motive, just a shot. If you think he was sowing the seeds for something more meaningful, then maybe you do believe that he's angling to be president for life.

I have no idea what Trump wants other than what he says and types himself. Everything I have written in these Today on Twitter posts were reiterated from his own words. Maybe you should stop disregarding the Presidents own chosen method of communication, which is also confirmed as official and with all due weight by the US government.

Trump is THE Twitter troll. He tweets like he's just another guy. That's why I don't pay attention to any of it. Half of it is not serious. He's just trolling.

No. Hes not. Hes floating ideas to see their reception. When they are repeated by his base, he redoubles his efforts to spew those ideas. He also conducts policy and administrative duties from his account. He absolutely is not trolling. Your dismissal of his tweets is foolhardy and disturbing.

I don't think your two viewpoints have to be mutually exclusive.

I think he gets some kind of weird blood sugar lowness which causes these outbursts.

He's setting himself up for a run of Snickers commercials.

Trump needs his twitter people to help boost him. They're like the bolster that props him up. It's not for us but for him. They're basically doing what they hate most. Giving the kid that does nothing a trophy for showing up is how I see it when he turns to his base supporters and appeals to them because that is the highest point he feels. He's the bully looking for the people in the crowd to egg him on and build himself up.

He cannot connect emotionally to other people. The Obama's saw it when he was at the inauguration because he just left his family in the dust to celebrate.

He is not my president. Never will be. I call his administration the disadministration. The endangered species act is the next totally weird waste of government we are barreling off towards now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.