The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

There was a lot of gleeful reporting in general, and a lot of opinion pieces. Sometimes you apologize because it’s the right thing, not because it’s legally required.

Trump is a narcissist and probably a psychopath, but I think that’s what it takes to reach that level. We like people who pretend to be humble, but humility and the presidency are almost opposites. Obama definitely fits the same mold, he was just better at the “aw, shucks” stuff that people like.

I honestly don't remember that many people going after Mueller. Hannity yeah, Trump for sure. I don't remember any GOP politicians saying anything that needed an apology. Even as far as the opinion hosts, most only started questioning if he was overreaching with a lot of his subpoenas.

You had Savannah Guthrie asking Sarah Sanders if Trump should apologize to Mueller. Sanders should have replied "did you apologize to Nick Sandmann?" Still not regretting that Megyn Kelly during I'm sure.

The Mueller Report final outcome is that it did end the careers of a lot of greed heads who tied their fortunes to a guy like Trump. I actually feel like this had something come out it and was worth it in the end. I am amazed by the amount of people who are saddened by the outcome and I kind of hope they learn to let it go. Elizabeth Warren was on The Late Show with Colbert last night going on about making the report public. I think the Democrats are latching on to fact that the guy who doesn't really believe in special counsels is giving us his interpretation but they won't let it go. We still have like 16 other Trump investigations going on. Don't become bogged down in this like the GOP did with emails and Benghazi.

For now, Cohen can't practice law. Manafort is serving some jail time... People will think twice before going to work for Trump.

I feel that the report should be public, barring National Security etc. This is too contentious an issue for all ideologies for the gov to just say, nothing to see, we investigated, all good here. Especially considering that while Trump was not shown to collude it is known Russia interfered and that was part of the investigation, so lets know what happened and how, to demand changes to make that harder... you know, since no changes have been made yet in that area.

Afterthought: This next is less whataboutism whining and more just history and stuff... the Starr Report was released because it was important for us to know how Bill liked to splooge. I am pretty certain it is at least as important for us to know the details of how an election for our countrys highest office was meddled with. I kinda feel that should be a bipartisan concern too, but hey, maybe I am wrong. It happens. A lot.

So... again, probably wrong here... but if Trump was to shut down the southern border... wouldnt the only way to make that actually somewhat remotely feasible as some kind of security measure would be to not allow any air travel or ship travel also, not just literal border point crossing... I mean... basically disallowing commercial and industrial travel to or from Mexico?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Support for ICE and Border Patrol was weaponized recently by the President on his Twitter, and of course his base responded in kind.

ICE by the way can subvert due process, search, seize and detain any person, without a warrant, only having to provide their reasonable belief of cause, within 100 miles of the border or port of entry.

https://www.aclu.org/other/constitution-100-mile-border-zone

Not supporting and wisely being wary of ^that is now moral cowardice, apparently.

• 3 weeks later...

Trump talking about the American Revolutionary War:

Our Army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over airports, it did everything it had to do. And at Fort McHenry, under the rockets red glare, had nothing but victory. When dawn came, the star-spangled banner waved defiant.

This is brilliant satire...

You're just mad because he didn't call you the next day.

I didn't say why it was unsatisfying. A man needs a connection, ya know?

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.