The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

• 2 weeks later...

It's going to go nowhere because of the sucker deal that Trump signed. He signed a bill that actually makes his already questionable national emergency even more questionable. The thing that gets me is that this thing was negotiated. If it were me I'd go after the sucker Republicans that allowed the stupid provisions into this bill.

• 1 month later...

To a certain degree, I agree that he is. At least in intent. The Democrats don’t give a crap about any of the stuff they’re doing, it’s all anti-Trump showmanship. Mueller is more trustworthy, but all of the stuff coming from the House stinks, which is pretty much what you get from the House regardless of which party controls it.

Trump's being blamed for the Mosque shooting because of his rhetoric. I think if you act like Trump you are at least complicit. Words have impact and meaning when you want to become a national figure. So yeah, do I think this is a witch hunt, naw, but I can see how it might be like that. I mean I used that same term to describe the GOPs obsession with email servers and Benghazi. Now it just seems so trivial.

Bigger than Trump doing anything is these groups taking credit for Trump, which emboldens them online and they talk about how much they think Trump is like them

So Mueller came to the conclusion that there was no evidence of collusion. Though the report doesn't" exonerate him from obstruction. In true Trump fashion he tweets, "No Collusion, No Obstruction, Complete and Total EXONERATION," Trump wrote on Twitter Sunday afternoon. "KEEP AMERICA GREAT!""

Somewhere Rachel Maddow is curled up in the fetal position crying.

Facts? Facts were never important. They investigated something that wasn't a crime for 2 years and came up with a plethora of indictments unrelated to the investigation.

When they investigated Hillary and her minions for things that were crimes they came up with none. Big surprise, they gave all the Democrats immunity agreements before they started. They're all good moral people (not like those racist Republicans), any crimes committed were certainly honest mistakes unworthy of prosecution.

Well that chapter ended with a muddled conclusion. I guess we need to wait for next weeks episode...

That said, I find that the most unnerving thing about all this so far isnt the rampant nationalism, which dont get me wrong is horrible, but is that it appears the majority have little to no faith or trust in American institutions and by extension their own fellow Americans. From US journalism to the branches of US government there is aggressive suspicion, finger pointing and denials. It feels as though the nation is at war with itself, but its not using bullets. How any color can even think there is any measure of #winning going on troubles me, everyday feels like we are losing something.

I think most people never had trust in most of our government institutions. The average person would tell you that you can't trust most politicians. I never thought Trump colluded with Russia. I was never stupid enough to believe it COULDN'T have happened.

I think what you're seeing is people paying so much attention to politics now because of Trump that they are "shocked" by what they're seeing.

Thats different than what I was talking about, Im not talking about some naive thing or some idea about whether or not a politician can tell the truth. And quite frankly I am surprised you thought that is where I was going.

We live in an era where average citizens to media to elected officials make claims of cabals, and treasonous acts. Each ideology points at the other, making the same accusations, often using the same phrases.

Even our highest elected official is consumed with this hysteria, sowing discord and distrust in the very country he was elected to lead. There are numerous examples to use about Trump, but specifically he had hammered this investigation. A witch-hunt, a hoax, it is illegal, it is not to be believed. Trump did not proclaim his innocence and then lay trust and faith in our institutions. Trump attacked and degraded Mueller, Muellers team and essentially the entire DOJ for years. Trumps most ardent followers followed suit. Now with this investigation having reached a conclusion, essentially in Trumps favor, it is to be believed.

I dont know how much you or anyone here engages with their fellow Americans, but the things that are believed and stated as needing to occur to the otherside are frightening. Instead of differences, of being part of a country, instead of you are red and I am blue and we are still Americans... it is if you are not one of us then you are simply not part of the US at all.

Sadly this isn't over. This will be dragged out, and by the end of the week at least ONE senator/congressman will say "well Mueller is Republican". Someone will throw him under the bus this week.

I expect that, despite the Left--at the start of this--were giddy with dreams of "proven" Russia collusion, with claims that Muller was the best thing since air and Eliot Ness all rolled into one, and he was going to find exactly what they fantasized about.

So, apparently today Trump said that Mueller acted honorably and Im reading right-wingers now proclaim Mueller was always honorable despite those same ones yelling lock and step with the President these past years. There are some that still hold the extreme line however, that Mueller is corrupt and not really a Republican etc. Their explanation is Trump has something on him and it says so much about Trumps character to be able to talk so nice today about such a corrupt investigator.

Ive seen left-wingers imply that Barr is corrupt, and I dont doubt that there will be those that filter that view down to Mueller now after having defended him for these years, but most comments appear to be targeting Barr.

The Hill posted an editorial apology to Trump, I dont know how legally perilous their reporting may have been, but generally speaking any agency that reported with caveats such as alleged, suspected, etc I dont believe owes any sort of apology. It is their job to report on allegations etc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.