The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

I think someone above is right about real estate dealings and laws being broken. Republicans won't breach that because it would look bad considering what they did to Clinton on Whitewater. I definitely think we should start seeing some tax returns. Trump is weak so he's just not going to get much blame because he can't even spell hamburger which plays to others manipulating the events for their benefits better. But sometimes I think it's all fake so these guys fall on their swords for him like Cohen and Manafort and his sons and he's going to skate off free. Which makes my sense of justice really feel bad - like it is shirked by a kid I trusted but now I give the beedy-eye too. I hope he dies a pauper like a few other presidents.

We live in a world where typing on our cellphones leads to typos and autocorrect mishaps all the time. Trump does it he makes news. Coffee, Melania, and hamburger misspells make front page news. Ben Shapiro suggested that if feeding Clemson hamburgers and pizza makes headlines then maybe just maybe you're life isn't as bad as you might think.

Typos aren't the point.

It's that his tweets are on par with a middle schooler. There's no filter. There's no PR. There's no press agents.

Generally, when a President communicates with the public it's a measured, calculated event. I know a lit of people like Trump for NOT going through these levels of protection, but I feel like the leader of the free world should be presenting himself, and by proxy us, in a rational intelligent way... not as a babbling simpleton fucktard.

Should it be the story of the day though? Should covfefe be a thing for three whole days? People act like Twitter was this bastion of intelligent thought before Trump became president. Once again I get it when people get upset at his tweets. The president shouldn't be doing this. That "presidential" ship sailed a while back with Bilbo, Frodo, and the elves. It seems forgotten that on the internet attacking someone for spelling errors usually means you have no other argument. I'm 43 now and am finally starting to get grey hairs. I like to think it's because I stopped sweating stupid shit a long time ago.

Most people are aware that autocorrect is a bitch and proofread the stuff they send through social - thats just internet courtesy and has been since we started talking to each other online back in the late 90s.

Dude is 72 years old... gotta say, Im the person people call for help when the digital products my company has dont work (usually what we call an I D 10 T error, because our stuff rarely malfunctions but our readership skews older boomer), and Ive had people younger than him call who wouldnt know how to log in to Twitter, and use their age as an excuse to not learn. Trump is surprisingly technologically adept for his age. But like most older boomers, I dont think he understands the nuances of internet courtesy (though he took to internet bullying like hes a GenZ native user).

Which is why I focus on the content of his statements, not the delivery. Thats where the real story is.

I was talking more about the people distributing this stuff just was much as the people who consume it. There used to be a standard of verifying a story before it was published. Now it's just throw it out there and see if it's sticks. If we're wrong we'll print an apology.........on page 9. In the age of Trump the veracity of the story is an afterthought. It doesn't matter if it's true. As long as it hurts his image mission accomplished. That basically CNN's mission statement.

I think someone above is right about real estate dealings and laws being broken. Republicans won't breach that because it would look bad considering what they did to Clinton on Whitewater. I definitely think we should start seeing some tax returns. Trump is weak so he's just not going to get much blame because he can't even spell hamburger which plays to others manipulating the events for their benefits better. But sometimes I think it's all fake so these guys fall on their swords for him like Cohen and Manafort and his sons and he's going to skate off free. Which makes my sense of justice really feel bad - like it is shirked by a kid I trusted but now I give the beedy-eye too. I hope he dies a pauper like a few other presidents.

We live in a world where typing on our cellphones leads to typos and autocorrect mishaps all the time. Trump does it he makes news. Coffee, Melania, and hamburger misspells make front page news. Ben Shapiro suggested that if feeding Clemson hamburgers and pizza makes headlines then maybe just maybe you're life isn't as bad as you might think.

You are so right.

Truth and facts are unnecessary in the age of Trump. The President can't open his mouth without lying, the press that supports him will agree with him no matter what, and the rest desires negative news so much that they'll run with anything that anyone says.

And on top

Re: Ben Shapiro trying to help by saying if hamberders etc make headlines then your life isnt so bad...

Just about everything makes headlines. This is gonna sound very John Madden or, for the even older folk, Yogi Berra... News is whatever is news. I know young peeps these days dont seem to grasp that there are types of news, probably because they have never grasped a newspaper and then flipped through the sections, but... and again I noted Shapiro was trying to help, but dude, what makes the news does not mean jack shit in regards to the state of the life and the world etc. Reporting about hamberders does not erase that toddlers have been sprayed in the face with mace.

Dude what? News and headlines aren't the same thing. Yeah everything is news. Covfefe was the headline for three days!

The point is people can't claim the end of the world when all the gate keepers of truth can talk about is Trump feeding Clemson fast food.

And please provide proof there were children sprayed with mace at the border. Even Tank couldn't provide evidence when he said it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/11/26/these-children-are-barefoot-diapers-choking-tear-gas/?utm_term=.213f796d3128

Lemma guess, fake news?

The gas wasnt fired at the caravan, the men, the women and the children in those pictures and video? They arent at the spot on the day in the moment the tear gas was fired? Its all some grand conspiracy. Hamberders! Its all fine.

If you are of Shapiros mindset, that your life is all fine because of hamberders being reported on, then just go about your way and enjoy your life. Why would you choose to put yourself in a tizzy trying to yell fake news at people and tell people how fine everything is. Everythings fine, go be fine. So the president hugged a flag and had a few typos, chill, everyone.

Are you playing semantics? You said children were being sprayed in the face with mace. That article doesn't confirm what you said. We know there were women and children there when the border patrol fired mace into the crowd. Tear gas is for crowd control. You know what though? It happened before this president. If this stuff keeps happening at the border it will happen after him.

The point of what Shapiro said was that this world on fire view of things is nonsense. The people screaming loudest are those who haven't been affected by 99% of what Trump has done. Sadly things that show the world is an imperfect place happens every day. As sad as it is it doesn't stop most from enjoying their life with their wife, their kids, their families, etc.

So my use of hyperbole is subject to scrutiny and derision but the leader of the free world is a victim of auto-correct and all is fine? BTW its not me that is playing semantics above.

As for tear gas, it was introduced to Border Patrol by Obama, as law enforcement carries it also, and then after abuses there were reforms and those reforms showed a decline in its use. An admin for both Obamas and Trumps DoHS verified that and that they were unaware of tear gas being fired on groups with children until that Nov 2018 event.

Im sure you knew that though, since we are playing the what we know game.

And yeah, the world is always fucked, and just because I have never cancelled Xmas for my family does not mean that 1. the world isnt always fucked /or 2. I do not care 3. I twiddle my thumbs in helplessness.

Also, I dont have to be a victim of anything to be affected by the plight of those that are victims of something.

... but to bring this back full circle, maybe you didnt mean to use the word affected the way you did. ;-) Psst... emotionally touched, spurred, stirred, changed.

Hyperbole? Saying children we maced in the face carries more emotional weight that saying women and children were in a crowd that tear gas was dispersed near.

No one is saying don't give a damn about what is going on in the world. Never said that. Tell me though Torch, has YOUR life been affected negatively by anything Trump had done? Has mine? No. Though after I finish my taxes I'll tell you if it was better.

Im not sure you understand the nature of gas.

The crowd wasnt shot with two bean bags and everyone else just dodged out of the way.

Gas was shot, sprayed, at, into, around... whatever word(s) you like best... the crowd consisting of men, women and children. The eye witness accounts, the photos and video all show this to be fact. It is verified as fact, it happened and in regards to children being present that was the first known event.

Please continue grasping at whatever straw* you can to feel better about that fact.

Also...

Last year my wife lost her job of well over ten years. Combinations of healthcare changes, trade war market uncertainties and changes in company orientation cost my wife her job. We no longer have healthcare, priced out, and our retirement account was used to pay for bills because of losing her job. #ThanksObama ;-)

*unless it is a plastic straw that is, then dont grab that one.

Afterthought: I hope your taxes work out, Met. I have not done ours yet, sorta dreading it. I dont wish a sudden bill on anyone.

Afterthought, again: Despite being financially kicked last year, we went on vacations... but they were booked/paid for before being kicked. Just, you know, being transparent or whatever the new buzzword is.

I'm sorry your wife lost her job. It's tough on families when that happens. Being Republican I get there world has gone to crap such all the time from people I know.(I don't technically know you:)) They can never answer that question. It's usually just hate.

Sorta like CNN and Trump is endangering journalists because he re tweeted a meme. The man didn't actually bring Bobby Lashley to the CNN center and go after Don Lemon. Our journalists don't have never seen their voices suppressed.

I usually don't talk politics outside of nightly. If I do it's because someone finds out that I voted for Trump. I TRY to steer clear of arguments I know are dead end streets. More so because we lose context not talking face to face, but increasingly because we don't honestly want to be convinced of what we believe otherwise. You see it more and more these days.

I actually like your posts Met and Zambingo and am glad you have started posting more often in the Lyceum. I am sorry about your wife losing her job, Zam. That's harder on families I think than someone like me who is just responsible for cats. I see it in my students and how hard it impacts them when a family member loses a job.

This year I may get to use the 1040 EZ because standard deductions maybe easier and more than regular line by line. I can't write off expenses in the classroom, I think my tithing doesn't count much and I chose a condo to buy because I want to travel when I retire and have something I can lock up and leave and not worry about yard work so my mortgage interest is nothing. I do both and go with the best option in the end though.

It's a three week CR. I'm not willing to say he caved....yet.

If I hear the word smart wall again I'm going to write a letter to Congress asking them to stop insulting our intelligence. A smart phone consists of a phone. A smart thermostat consists of a thermostat. How did a smart wall not consist of a physical wall.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.