The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

I know you're joking Torch, but the only thing I'm being judgemental about is that she released s study that says it's possible she might have Native American heritage. Imagine if Obama released a piece of paper saying he might have been born in Hawaii. She claimed Cherokee heritage without any proof. Why even bother? This isn't as way to shut Trump up. If anything he's going to ask for Maury Povich to conduct a test. PR wise she comes out worse. Just ignore it. Trump is going to make fun of you anyway.

I dont think Senator Warren needs fo let it go, she was bullied about it and told she was lying.

Ive witnessed this type of bullying in my personal life. My oldest niece is blonde, blue eyed and typically white skin toned however she is half black. My oldest neice has been bullied into proving her background.

Granted Senator Warrens heritage appears to very far back indeed, but unless she has defrauded something or someone then her holding dear to that heritage should not have been cause for scorn.

Bullying should not be ignored. It is silly to suggest that there is no benefit to stand up to a bully just because a bully wont stop. This should not be a partisan issue.

So Elizabeth Warren releases a study that shoes she "might" be at best 1/32 Native American. And the study is not definitive. Why even release it?!? There are already those that are saying that the findings don't add up. Why oh God why? I thought these were smart people. She should just shut up about the Indian thing and never bring it up again.

Actually, it's 1/64 at best. The Boston Globe sucks at math and can't put 26 in a calculator apparently. The article says it's most likely 28 or 1/256 and at worst 210 or 1/1024! So the most likely nearest Indian ancestor to her was born in the early to mid-1700s and may well have been a grandparent already when the Declaration of Independence was signed.

Really, this is embarrassing and should be roundly mocked. Warren has stood up in front of everyone and condescendingly said "What does the science say?" like we're all school children, when the science says that she has less Indian blood in her than the average white American. That her claims of being a minority are complete hogwash, and even if this DNA match is correct, it's extremely unlikely that her that her family really did pass down the tail of their having Indian ancestry dating back to Colonial days.

Oh, and also her wits are so lacking that she demands Trump pay up when she just proved herself a fraud.

Granted Senator Warrens heritage appears to very far back indeed, but unless she has defrauded something or someone then her holding dear to that heritage should not have been cause for scorn.

She used it for career advancement by portraying herself as a minority. Rather scuzzy.

That does sound scuzzy, certainly, Poe. I was not aware the transgression was literally that, rather that Senator Warren felt heightened empathy for minorities based on her heritage*. Maybe I was mistaken in that regard.

*of course, not that anyone needs a relation to feel for something but having some kind of relation does seem to heighten the emotions.

In regards to ancestral tales, I have no idea how in depth or revered Senator Warrens begats were, however tracing ancestry has been popular (in some cases required) since time immemorial. Defrauding someone or something would certainly be one scuzzy thing, but its an entirey different and unscuzzy thing to trace ancestry and have that affect your thoughts/actions.

Well, let me just go down the list of how bad it was. She was listed as a minority faculty member at the University of Pennsylvania and had the school switch her designation from white to Native American. On job applications she listed herself as having Delaware and Cherokee heritage (I'll note that the DNA is going back rather far for multiple tribes to be identified). Harvard has said she was the first "woman of color" that they'd hired. She told people that her parents had to elope because her father's parents wouldn't let their son marry a girl with Indian heritage. She submitted a recipe for a cookbook called “Pow Wow Chow" (seriously) signed "Elizabeth Warren - Cherokee". And, oh, btw, the recipe was plagiarized almost word for word from a French chef's recipe submitted to the NYTs five years previous.

Like people have noted, she really needs to back away from this. This is not the hill to die on. At best she should just blame bad family lore and hope people don't care.

But, of course, the early coverage of this was that it somehow vindicated her.

I saw the Boston Globe's correction later in the day at work. According to the NY Times the average European American is .18 Native American, which is more then what Warren is suppose to be. That she used this information for that video is head scratching. Diane Feinstein is going to start reping Depends to counter Trump calling her "Leaking Diane".

Anyways the Cherokee Nation has come out and stated that "a DNA test is useless to determine tribal citizenship.”

"Current DNA tests do not even distinguish whether a person’s ancestors were indigenous to North or South America,"

"Sovereign tribal nations set their own legal requirements for citizenship, and while DNA tests can be used to determine lineage, such as paternity to an individual, it is not evidence for tribal affiliation," "Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong. It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is proven. Senator Warren is undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage."

Ouch.

I saw the Boston Globe's correction later in the day at work.

You know, that was a really bad thing to let fall through the cracks. This was their headline story and designed to be the biggest news story of the day proving goodness's victory over evil. Heck probably the paper's biggest news story of the month.

I read the article and figured out the math error on my own within seconds. I had a moment of doubt that maybe they were saying Warren herself counted as a generation, but nope. Right there in the article it makes clear that the sample (Warren) doesn't count. Now, everyone here knows I'm a compulsive fact checker, but the Boston Globe has people on the payroll whose sole function is to make sure this sort of stuff doesn't find its way into the paper. Nobody in there could get out a calculator? Nobody in there had enough experience around tech to count by the power of 2 in their heads? And then more papers picked up the story and didn't bother to do the math either.

It's the sort of thing that's just not acceptable, but is sadly commonplace in journalism. And this isn't even counting that they got the story completely backwards by running it as vindication for Warren when it was it pretty much demonstrated what a fraud she is. They're just collectively not very good at even the basic fundamentals of their jobs and there's no consequence for it.

I dont think Senator Warren needs fo let it go, she was bullied about it and told she was lying.

She's full of sh*t, and I personally find her a manipulative bottom feeder. She certainly padded this "heritage" as a way of using a minority group as a "credit" for years, when she's lived as exactly what she is: a white woman. If she thought there was no advantage (of any kind) in claiming to be Native American (and let's get this straight, she spent years not saying it was some remote connection in the past as she's doing today), no one would have heard of this inflated, wafer-thin claim.

Here's the thing: the DNA thing had nothing to do with convincing anyone, and if it had said she was 100% Native American, it wouldn't have made a difference. We have President Birther in office now, a guy who first got real political traction by doing the opposite of what Warren is doing, and it worked wonderfully for him. Facts are no longer meaningful in any manner, it's about exciting the lowest common denominator. Warren is exciting the same group on the Democratic side, and that's all she needs to do.

Republicans whining about truth and facts at this point is completely laughable. Whether you personally like him or not, your party is the party of Trump. Your party is the party of lying about crowd size, insisting that the President isn't a citizen, and freakin' InfoWars is a legitimate news agency, which by default is accepting, among other things, that mass shootings are fake and that all of the survivors and parents are actors.

Warren is awful, and the Democrats are too, but compared to the bullshit coming from the head of the Republican Party, she's a bastion of truth and honesty.

Yeah. I'm hoping if we get a BlueWave we can get some change. I hate voting like this. Texas is Texas though. There's a city I live next to that's considered a suburb of San Antonio called Windcrest. It's always been a very GOP stronghold because it's mostly retired Army and Air Force with a mix of Navy and Marines in smaller force (San Antonio is land locked. HA!) and for the last two decades here in San Antonio I could drive through the neighborhoods and see a lot of red Republican voter signs in the yard next to military flags and US flags. My car repair shop is on that side of town and now when you drive through its flipped. One or two Ted Cruz signs or some local GOP running for office in the mid-term election and then there is 6 to 8 signs with Beto or vote Democrat. If you go outside of the city areas though we're still mostly GOP red in Texas and the Trump signs reign supreme. I'll try and get some pics as some of them are hilarious.

Here is some fake news I'm propagating today.

Trump has tweeted an apology to Stormy for the earlier Horseface tweet. He stated that it was an autocorrect error, he meant to call her Whoreface. He has instructed the DOJ to open an investigation into political bias on the part of autocorrect.

It is hilarious and frightening how many people not only believe it, but cheer it on.

I think it's pretty cool that my great-geat-grandmother was full Cherokee, but I don't put it on a job application.

Neither has Warren. She was already AT Harvard when the administration sent out a questionnaire looking for racial diversity among their staff. Nobody, at that time, had offered any details about which group they belong to, just IF there was other than white, European ancestry in their genes. She had, many year earlier, contributed to a local cookbook in which a connection to the Cherokee tribe was mentioned.

Laughing not whining.

What Warren did is unbelievably odd. She didn't have to do it (the video). By doing it she's made herself look even worse. It causes people to bring up why she ever listed herself as Native American.

I never liked Warren. She seems cut from the same opportunistic and hypocritical cloth as Hillary Clinton, and found her claiming to be Native American very offensive. I think a good percentage of people in the US today that have had family roots in the US can probably claim they have someone in their family tree that was Native, if they go back 6 to 10 generations. Keep in mind, a generation is around 20 years, so you are going back 120 to 200 years. That said, the way Trump has mocked Warren is terrible, and he has said some borderline racist things towards Native Americans. Maybe not intentionally, and maybe he was trying to be funny and direct it towards Warren, but the result was the same.

In short, they are both scum bags.

She did NOT CLAIM 'to be a Native American'. And even IF Trump was "trying to be funny", it STILL IS RACIST. I'm just now understanding that far too many people think a statement is *only* racist if the speaker intends it to be and that just is not true. What Trump said about her-calling her Pocohontas? THAT. IS. RACIST.

And now, he's blowing her off an not paying up the one million? fuck. TRUMP. fuck HIM HARD.

She did NOT CLAIM 'to be a Native American'.

Please. There would be no reason for her to repeatedly bring up her insignificant "connection" to Native Americans if it was not going to be used as an opportunistic tool to establish her Left Wing credibility. She's just a white woman, and lived as one her entire life, so bringing something up that no one on earth ever considered or wanted to know just speaks to how corrupt she is. But hey, she's a white liberal, so its A-OK to appropriate the identity and/or lives and/or culture of minorities. To Hell with her.

Can anyone here be convinced of anything? Especially by anything posted here? Literally the only thing that I'm ever convinced of by reading the Lyceum is that everyone here is a jerk and unwilling to consider anything other than their own biases.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.