The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

I am not the Shadow so I am hesitant to say what is in the heart of that man or woman, but I do agree with your general premise about the Op-Ed.

Poor republicans. They cant watch NFL, cant wear Nikes, cant watch late night TV, cant watch any news show but Fox, cant read any newspapers, almost sounds like they live under sharia law doesnt it?

I watch the NFL.

I wear Nikes, but my choice in sneakers is in how they look, not who made them. I won't pay over $100 for a pair of tennis shoes.

I stopped watching late night shows years before Trump.

No one reads newspapers anymore.

I watch a few Fox News shows because I like the personalities, and because said shows are more entertainment than news.

The Nike and NFL thing makes me scratch my head because both topics sparked rage from both sides yet it only seems to be attributed to conservatives.

I work with a lot of GOP voters and have at a few times crossed over to vote for GOP in some elections. My parents are GOP. It's a pretty broad paint brush in that post I made but my friends and co-workers do pretty much not move out the norm. They won't even consider meeting a halfway point.

I listen to NPR a lot. I find they are not a blithering liberal hotbed that people accuse them of like Rachel Maddow but I can't watch Fox News. The slant is just comical for me to buy. My Dad refuses to listen to NPR with me. We have actually driven to the same restaurant in separate cars so he wouldn't have to hear Terry Gross.

Recently my Mom stopped watching CBS Sunday Morning. I mean reallly. They do a minute of just a nature video so you can hear the sounds of peaceful nature. But Texas Hill Country Reporter which is about the same in content is okay.

Indeed. You forgot listening to music or watching movies, if said artists don't pass the conservative litmus test.

I'm not sure how difficult a litmus test it is considering it's basically "don't actively insult us". Really, it's more companies actively firing their customers than the other way around. At some point people are like "guess we're not welcome around here anymore".

And we're the snowflakes. HAHAHA! I think some people of some very thin skin. I just move on. *shrug*

Don't see how not hanging around where you're not wanted makes a person a snowflake. Though I recognize that you were just gearing to throw that out at the first opportunity when you brought the subject up.

HAHAHA! You give me too much credit. I am just messing around at home getting school papers ready while the teevees on. It's just easier to label. But honestly I don't take this stuff seriously. I feel there is a lot of double standards on both sides or no willingness to listen. I do read a lot of what is posted though.

Indeed. You forgot listening to music or watching movies, if said artists don't pass the conservative litmus test.

I'm not sure how difficult a litmus test it is considering it's basically "don't actively insult us". Really, it's more companies actively firing their customers than the other way around. At some point people are like "guess we're not welcome around here anymore".

Well stop being terrible then!

That type of talk is so ignorant.

Naw, it's not ignorant. The people saying it know they're being stupid and that hurricanes have been hitting the Carolinas since ages before then namesake Charles I was born and city planners either put communities in a bad place or they didn't regardless of climate change. It's just a cheap way to get a political point in to capitalize on human suffering.

Been a lot of that going around lately.

I don't understand the allure of Florida. It has giant bugs and alligators and it's so humid and sticky and hot sometimes and the hurricanes and my god - I've been stuck on I-75 during one of those college games between two of those big Florida schools that I just wanted to get back to Georgia and be made fun of for a Southern Accent and my love of sweet tea and living on a peanut farm and asked about my Georgia peaches.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.