The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

Eh, my personal opinion is I don't think either side truly wants to overturn Roe V Wade. Maybe their respective bases do, but not the politicians. Abortion gives both sides something to hammer the other about. And as for SCOTUS, I don't see them overturning it just because the balance of power tips to the conservatives. They don't just overturn past decisions willy nilly simply because what was ruled 45 years ago, isn't popular with the current members of SCOTUS today.

The question is really on Roberts and whether he'll listen to the concern trolls about the Supreme Court's stature again like he did for Obamacare. We know Thomas will overrule it in a heartbeat, the guy doesn't care a whit about respecting precedent he doesn't agree with, and Alito and Gorsuch are unlikely to have any qualms. We don't know who Trump will nominate, but rock-ribbed originalist will likely define them.

If it's not overturned outright, Roberts will certainly take the half measure of creating precedents that are more and more permissive of restrictions.

I can see where there is a possibility of outlawing partial birth abortions, use of embryo material for medical uses, or something similar. But I cannot see abortion being outlawed, either by SCOTUS or Congress, though.

The Supreme Court isn't going to make abortion illegal and Congress isn't likely to touch the subject. It's really whether states will be allowed to do so. The half-measures will be more along the lines of allowing restriction of abortion to an earlier and earlier time frame, possibly to when a heartbeat can first be detected, which can happen by the 6th week of a pregnancy, sometimes less than a month after conception.

BTW, partial birth abortion is already banned nationwide, with the Supreme Court having cleared the law in 2007. It's why you never hear about it anymore.

I went downtown to play Pokemon Go today and got mixed in a 50 person Trump MAGA supporter protest in Maverick park (the sight of a civil war cenotaph), a Pride parade in "gay" town and maybe 5,000 strong immigration protest. It was a hot day for this type of stuff. But kinda fun. I learned that it's true, Trump protesters had the worst grammar for their signs. The liberal commie scum made me laugh and no badly worded signs.

Sorry guys she just does that. Has so for the past five years.

Also sorry for how dickless all of you are. Funny stuff.

Your performance art has peaked to max hyperbolic nonsense and BS.

It's not even worthy of response, which is partially why I didn't respond to Tex as my "judgement" got the better of me. My only conclusion is he is either a complete piss taker (having a laugh) and none of his posts are serious, in which case there is no point replying. OR he actually does think some of the things he says and his personality really is like the one he presents here, he really does have a polish girlfriend who likes to wear an American flag bikini... In which case I feel like he is such a parody of himself I don't need to say a thing, because his very existence if it is indeed how he portrays himself is comical enough nothing else needs to be said.

I lost my temper. :blush: I just usually ignore stuff like his posts where it's poking the bear type stuff. I don't write long posts but I do read what people write and process and think about things from their perspective. It just made me so mad because even if I don't actively wrap myself up in a flag or know all the words to a song doesn't mean I don't love my country any less than a MAGA hat wearing guy who's got the American flag plastered on everything he owns and gets his panties in a twist because some guy who sacrifices his body to play in the NFL is choosing to kneel during the playing of the National Anthem at an NFL game is being disrespectful. I'm lucky to born in a country where I can still voice something or stand for something. Whether I'm a teacher or a Walmart greeter. As a former marching band flute player I know the Anthem's music by heart but because I was playing it on my flute all the lyrics are not emblazoned in my brain nor did I memorize it when I was out selling peanuts are Braves games in the early nineties. But I have heard it badly sung in a number of locations. Patriotism is not this flag waiving BS. It's standing up for our countries values.

They don't just overturn past decisions willy nilly simply because what was ruled 45 years ago, isn't popular with the current members of SCOTUS today.

We'll see...

They overturned Korematsu (the case that allowed Japanese internment during WWII) willy nilly just last week. It wasn't even before the court, Roberts just disposed of it randomly in his travel ban opinion. That precedent was almost 75 years old.

I've always seen the whole stare decisis thing as a ratchet for liberal precedents anyway. They're allowed to overturn precedent in the name of progress, but, no matter how shaky the legal reasoning, conservative justices are just supposed to allow the power grab to stand forever afterwards.

Stare decisis has its place for tough, near decisions and technical matters, but when the court makes broad, baseless changes to the plain meaning of the Constitution, then the court obviously has not only the power, but the obligation to fix their own mistakes as they have committed a violation against the American people by taking away their rights one way or another. Either by denying them a right they have by ignoring a provision of the law, or by denying them the right to decide the law for themselves through their vote by making up law from the bench and forcing everyone to live under it.

They finally briefed him on the aliens.

I was only 7 when Reagan announced Star Wars. I remember only because the name was the same as some cool movies that were out at the time lol. Trump has this hyperbolic way of taking about stuff that makes things seem more ridiculous than they really are. So "Spaceforce" just comes off as silly. I do like the fact that Trump seems interested in revitalizing NASA.

It's not even worthy of response, which is partially why I didn't respond to Tex as my "judgement" got the better of me. My only conclusion is he is either a complete piss taker (having a laugh) and none of his posts are serious, in which case there is no point replying. OR he actually does think some of the things he says and his personality really is like the one he presents here, he really does have a polish girlfriend who likes to wear an American flag bikini... In which case I feel like he is such a parody of himself I don't need to say a thing, because his very existence if it is indeed how he portrays himself is comical enough nothing else needs to be said.

Ah, no performance art here. She exists. I never plan on dealing with a divorce, though. I’d much prefer a women with an opinion with no access to my bank account.

As for you, old chap, I do tend to goof a bit round here for a laf. I find the rambling here a bit comical, and I think my mockery of it is quite appripoo. An American bikini doesn’t work, though. She’s German/Irish/Polish/Jew/Catholic/Steelers fan.

And Spam, I’m sure you do try hard. All we ask is that you try a little harder.

Ah, no performance art here. She exists. I never plan on dealing with a divorce, though. I’d much prefer a women with an opinion with no access to my bank account.

As for you, old chap, I do tend to goof a bit round here for a laf. I find the rambling here a bit comical, and I think my mockery of it is quite appripoo. An American bikini doesn’t work, though. She’s German/Irish/Polish/Jew/Catholic/Steelers fan.

And Spam, I’m sure you do try hard. All we ask is that you try a little harder.

Having a goof and making light of serious issues is fine, but being a berk (rhyming slang, look it up) isn't. In this thread how you've conducted yourself to others (i.e Spam), you fall squarely in the latter catergory, you Berk.

Well I'm sure you're not one (a berk) in everyday life. Or at least I hope this "Tex" persona is just that.

But swinging your dick around in every thread you come into and being critical of peoples real world lives and their professional integrity and/or ability in an otherwise civil thread is pretty low.

And with that I should probably avoid the lyceum.

• 3 weeks later...

With Trump in town tomorrow to rally for Ron Desantis I had a tough choice to make. Who would put on the better show? Trump or WWE SmackDown? At this point it's definitely Trump, but I promised my grandson i'd take him to SmackDown. Trump is giving a speech at a high school right down the road earlier in the day from work so I'm curious as the security situation in the area.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.