The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

I'm not able to verify that 90% failure-to-appear claim. What I was able to find is here, where the highest FTA rate for immigration court was 28% in 2015.

I'll admit I was using info that McCain and Flake pushed a few years back. The same numbers have been used the is couple of weeks, so it shows how often unverified info gets used.

Guest Robin

I wasnt controversial enough.

Anyone that supports this administration is a ****ing asshole of demonic biblical proportions. So fuck you.

I wonder if people actually pay attention to government and the games that are played. The GOP puts an immigration bill on the floor and ZERO Democrats vote for it. ZERO. 41 Republicans voted against it and the story is why can't the Republicans get it together? I can get that even people on the same side don't always agree. But 100% of the side saying they wanted something done about families being separated voted against a bill designed to rectify the problem? Not a single moderate Dem wanted this? What are the odds? Most of these bills that make TV other than C-SPAN are usually down party lines. When I was a kid I truly thought that you got people from different sides together and they worked towards a solution. This type of partisanship is getting worse and it's not good for the future.

Now I know some will say no Republicans voted for Obamacare, but support for Obamacare was split in the public.

Guest Robin

There is no ****ing major catastrophic apocalyptic problem that must be legislated. This was fabricated by Trump. This is essentially a problem of agencies shitting their bed. That Flores settlement everyone brings up basically says you cannot separate the families and cannot hold families longer than 20 days. The legislation that Trump wants is the ability to hold families indefinitely. The immigration problem the country is grappled with is actually that of vetting fosters and fact checking of asylum applicants in a speedy manner, which was supposed be fixed after the Obama administration shit the bed and inadvertently handed a bunch of undocumenated kids over to ****ing child laboring demons on US soil... who thankfully are jailed right now. All this is supposed to take is these government organizations getting their god damn heads out of their asses. Do the check, do the check right, do the check quicker and for fucksakes at the very least write down what kid came in with who. Trump is a ****ing monster and everything he says is a lie and congresses voting percentages dont ****ing matter. The only thing that matters is that key point that Trump wants... indefinite incarceration of illegals and their families. Thats his ****ing goal. Thats the point that is repeatedly pressed.

Granted other governments might be... no, are likely more fucked than ours but do you know how long a background takes in our system. Like thirty ****ing seconds. Know how I know? I ****ing work with kids. Though granted Im more Mr. Rogers at work than Leo Getz.

What country did this seeker come from? Google. Haha. Whatever is the government skynet big brother equivalent you know they are using. Google will tell you two seconds later if there is an issue in that country. Now check their name, prints, face data whatever the fuck spy shit we know they have. Within twenty days you should know if their name flags a record. Just have to. Its ****ing 2018. If you need more time for individual cases then do the ****ing due dillegence court processes needed for that case and get what needs done. Stays, circumstances whatever can be argued for. Also those people on those front lines are people and I have to believe the majority are good people despite that ****er sherrif from Texas that has already been charged. Get more people on that ****ing ground, judges immigration lawyers caretakers etc and make sure those ****ing Ts are crossed and Is are dotted. Its gonna cost but if you care about cost when it comes to the safety and livelihood of immigrants, asylum seekers and children you are a ****ing asshole.

Im not on ambien. Im drinking and to mock Melania I dont give a fuck how I sound right now. Cathartic or crazy.

That's a new one. Trump wants indefinite incarceration for illegals and their families? I thought he wanted to kick all illegals out of the country and build a wall to keep them out? You do realize even if we had enough people to check everyone that came through the southern border the fact is not even half would be admitted. On average the are around 300,000 people who cross the southern border that the authorities actually know about. They claim their catch rate is around 50%. So let's just round up and say 600,000 people if everyone coming though was verified. The United States accepts on average a little over a million immigrants a year. (From around the world) it we kept that number around a million do you really think that we would allow 60% of that to come just from Central America? No. Most of these people are going back. Unlike Obama, Trump is not releasing people until we vet them. That's the point.

I watched a house committee grill the head of DHS , and a democratic congresswoman went on and on about how she handled cases like these and how long it took to verify people. She talked about how it would take her a while to find documentation to prove her and her mother were related let alone having that info ready at the border. But yeah sure she probably didn't know it was a simple as saying"Hey Google".

The money spent on the holding centers, and even the facilities could be a transitionary space for people seeking asylum if our immigration procedure was simpler. The border could be the Ellis island of the 21st century if we actually took in the poor huddled masses as advertised. Let them come in, issue them work visas, and let them find work and homes.

What's funny is that the biggest problem with illegal immigration comes from people who overstay their visas. Not from illegal border crossings.

Guest Robin

The whole argument on Flores is to get legal indefinite incarceration. Period. Full stop. That is what the Trump administration keys on in every reference to it. They just say, we have to separate because we cant finish this vetting court process in the time it takes so let us hold them more. That is what they are arguing. They get that legally, in addition to ICE border search and seizure authority that has been sneakily added over years and years... 100 miles from a border without court approval or involvement needed... including all ports of entry that includes airports... and they have what they need to do their Bannon wet dream. I know hes not there now, or further back, but those ideas are all still ****ing there.

Also Trump congratulated China on doing away with term limits then joked about extending his presidency. The explanation was he meant for 2020, but Remove the ****ing zeroes and add two plus two. Its all ****ing there pages back. All that shit and those cards which Trumpets feared about Obama are on the table right now with trump. He has the cult base that wants to revolt if hes impeached, that devalues not just foreigners but their own fellow citizens who dont fit their religious view, every day they blame the poor huddled masses foreigner or citizen (youre not getting medicine with my dollar etc), everyday they show no compassion for anyone that is not their base, everyday I read my own extended family members gleefully post about how the government is corrupt; media is fake and Christians are about to be eradicated, hes proudly undermined trust in our government, law enforcement and media, he has the branches of government, the base and our citizens so apathetic they cant even get someone to run for office to stop a neo Nazi from getting a nom as an unopposed in Iowa. its just a matter of legal semantics to start the tumble. Never under estimate religious zeal and those that believe only they are real Patriots.

We are not one step from being Nazi, I believe despite all the other dominos there must be good people here and there enough to make the difference, but we are teetering precariously, we are one step from being Lisbon in 1506. It just takes one night. Study history and see the societal, economical, and psychological repetition.

Dont get me wrong. Im an idiot. I dont even play a boy genius on Nickelodeon. Side notes: unrelated. if you need a laugh now, read a manuscript of da Vinci's. He or Salai essentially drew that smiling legged dick butt thats on memes today but way back in 1515ish. Humanity repeats itself constantly. If I wasn't whatever number mARGarita in right now I would likely only have posted snark, or nothing, but whatever. I dont give a fuck. Also Met, no offense intended, I have always thought youre a cool dude. Tex on the other hand is sort of a bitch. Mostly. But Im an asshole so.yay humans.

I sound like Mel Gibson maybe not as bad as his dumbass drunk self totally his character in conspiracy theory. LOL I am aware of that and I dont care at least right now weee. Also I cant stand catcher, or mice and men, no real shade, both genius honest but just depressing slogs of a read, thats good signs Gibson movie wise though. Other than being a stupid red string wall right now, maybe part of me word gamed that connection because of the migrant economical and whatever lack of appropriate medical help and historical parallels. I think I should definitely just go to bed now.

The money spent on the holding centers, and even the facilities could be a transitionary space for people seeking asylum if our immigration procedure was simpler. The border could be the Ellis island of the 21st century if we actually took in the poor huddled masses as advertised. Let them come in, issue them work visas, and let them find work and homes.

What's funny is that the biggest problem with illegal immigration comes from people who overstay their visas. Not from illegal border crossings.

YES! We need a better system to monitor and keep track.

Guest Robin

I intentionally shed more civility than normal and declared that quite soberly. I wanted to deep dive into the anxiety and madness of current events. My well established penchant for cathartic rant and stream of consciousness that pushes the boundary between being lucid and incoherent was exasperated by alcohol but not caused by it.

The shot at Tex was odd and uncalled for, shading what was only intended to be cathartic into disgraceful word salad.

The current events referenced were: the Obama / Marion, Ohio Scandal. The growth of ICE border powers. Trumps Policy for undermining the free press, government agencies and programs. Trumps Zero Tolerance Policy. Arthur Jones the Neo Nazi Nom in Iowa. And also actual media editorial points, such as: the undermining of legislation by Trump. The undermining of judicial and welfare staffing on the border by multiple administrations which then slows the immigration procedure, and creates this environment prone to mistakes and mishandling.

Lisbon in 1506 was abject horror. It was incomprehensibly tragic, and is an incredibly important cautionary event in history. It appears to have been caused by zealotry and authority inciting furor within a culture that was engulfed by increasing refugee issues, healthcare and economic uncertainty coupled with deep social divisions. I meant to provoke empathy for that historical tragedy and concern for modern society by evoking comparisons from the environment surrounding Lisbon of 1506 to the violence, resentment and isolationism in American society. It was not meant to imply that all these immigrants are Jewish.

Leonardo da Vincis dick butt meme was intended both as a means to resurface from the deep dive, while reinforcing the theme that history repeats itself.

References to Salinger and Steinbeck were placed sorta like source material links for the type of primal spiral I was allowing myself to travel down.

If you want to stop Trump, clean your own ****ing house. We know he's a piece of ****, but he stands on the opposite side of obviously corrupt, and even bigger pieces of ****, which get winked at on a daily basis. Hillary breaks multiple laws, but there was clearly no intent, because she's a good person, the destruction of evidence had nothing to do with concealing other crimes... Intent has nothing to do with the statute she should have been indicted under. It's like when you tell that cop that stopped you for going 20mph over the speed limit that you didn't see the sign because you weren't paying attention. The drivers license they give you means you understand that you are responsible for knowing and abiding by the speed limit. If I were the cop that got that excuse I would give an inattentive driving ticket with the speeding one. The security clearance Hillary got was a two way deal, she got access to classified material, in return for accepting responsibility for it's handling. I KNOW what happens to normal people who make mistakes 1/100 as bad as she made with information less classified than what she ****ed up with. No wonder everyone is ignoring your ****ing outrage. I've been there for years.

I once forwarded a schedule for training on classified material handling to my personal email account from my government one. Right after I hit send I had a mini panic attack wondering if I had just ****ed up and lost my job. Hillary runs roughshod over the law without a care.

The people investigating Trump saying that they have an "insurance policy" and that they are going to "stop Trump" doesn't imply that they were conducting their investigations in a biased manner. We are supposed to trust them.

I agree, **** Trump, but if there was any sign that somebody else was going to stir the **** into the open he wouldn't be in the White House. Most Trump supporters that I know are already convinced he is a ****bag, and that he was the best option. They, like me, are more convinced of that by the day.

"I agree, **** Trump, but if there was any sign that somebody else was going to stir the **** into the open he wouldn't be in the White House"

Can you clarify, please? Can you tell me what this means; 'if there was any sign that somebody else was going to stir the **** into the open'-stir what shit 'into the open'? Be specific, plz?

Feels good, huh?

You did phenomenally better than I did though because you didn’t take a shot at Tex.

Good lord. You took a shot at me? Torches? If so please paraphrase because I’m not reading all of that shit.

I keep my posts short and simple, because it’s my experience that most of us don’t have anything important enough to say to justify a wordy post. Kurgan is the only exception I can think of.

So yes, Trump mostly good. Haters are having a hard time accepting it. Much like this place they will agree with the important stuff and focus on the bullshit.

Guest Robin

Well, those style of things are supposed to be felt more than read, which I know is silly sounding as you have to read it to feel it.

Regardless, I called you a bitch. I know why, but that doesnt matter, it shouldnt have been there. I know what is right and I did the opposite.

You doubt most people know the words to God Bless America?? Are you SERIOUS? Do you forget the words to Happy Birthday? It's almost as well known... and even if it weren't, a POTUS who's a year into the job should grasp that a camera may be on his face a time or two at an event and if he doesn't know the words, maybe he shouldn't sing.

Yes, I doubt it. This is not the patriotic country that once took pride in the idea of America. This is a highly divisive piece of real estate that counts as some of its occupants people who only bring up anthems as a whip against their targets, while others resent anything resembling a love for American identity and certainly despise the reference to God in the song.

Aside from God Bless America, on the Smithsonian Channel's A Star Spangled Story: Battle for America, it was estimated that 40% of Americans do not know the words to the Star Spangled Banner. 40% is a significant number of any population, but its no surprise. They're more likely to have come up not caring about either GBA or SSB than knowing, understanding and sharing its meaning, so any attempt to blast Trump for not knowing the words to GBA is weak at best--yet another desperate attempt to pick and stab for anything about the man.

So, to criticize Trump on this matter is criticizing millions of Americans who do not know--or care to know lyrics to patriotic songs. Either way, that's not getting Trump out of the Oval Office.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.