The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

Neither Trump nor Kim are known for keeping their word. Kim doesn't have any voters to appease, and Trump doesn't care about voters, allies, or anyone else. Why should anyone think this meeting will produce any agreement that will last more than 5 minutes after it ends? Kim wins just by having a US President sit down with him like they're equals. North Korea isn't really going to give up its nuclear ambitions - what would it threaten everyone with if it has no nukes?

He's managed to piss off all our allies for no particular reason. He's sucking up to Putin instead, probably because he's in debt to Russian banks. He hasn't demonstrated any understanding of international trade - trying to start trade wars with everyone. He destroyed the Iran deal for no reason - Iran isn't going to stop trying to build nuclear weapons now. He pulled the US out of the Paris Climate Accords just because. And it looks like he's taking bribes from China through the Trump Organization, which he never divested from.

ZTE is a Chinese telecom manufacturer. It uses U.S. technology, and circumvented a ban on exports to Iran and North Korea among other countries. Trump's Department of Commerce fined ZTE $1.19 billion for violating the bans. The Trump administration imposed a ban on US companies selling technology to ZTE, which hurt the company severely. Then in May, Trump tweeted that he was concerned about all the Chinese jobs lost due to the ban. That was about the same time that China decided to loan $500 million to a construction company to build Trump-brand golf courses and hotels in Indonesia. If a president, who didn't divest himself of his businesses, gets money (indirectly) from China, and is suddenly willing to reverse a legal decision made by his own administration, what is the harm? I'm sure Tex could come up with an answer to that question if it were a Democrat in the White House. But it's Trump, so it's apparently all good?

Trump is only out for himself. He doesn't have a policy that isn't reversible for the right price, an agenda that can't be changed if he's flattered by the right people, or any goals except the lining of his own pockets. It's acceptable, though, because he has ( R) next to his name. :shrug:

What's getting better, Tex? And why should Trump's administration be credited with whatever it is you think is getting "better"?

You'd hate the situation if a Democrat were in office, admit it.

You're a tribal, partisan political "fan". You enjoy seeing people get pissed off - you've said that before - and that's pretty much all you get out of Trump's administration. There's no substance to your positions on anything.

I agree.

The world will turn no matter who is president. If I find anything funny it's that so many people get so butthurt over Trump. These are things we can't control, and I didn't even vote ( not that it would've mattered).

You're wrong about me not supporting Dems, btw. The first and only time I ever voted was for Bill Clinton in 92.

So you're a nihilist? No, that can't be right. You're probably not that deep, not from what you usually post here.

I could agree that most actions at the individual level have no lasting consequences, but presidents' actions do last. Trump is normalizing extreme behavior, and rejects the notion that "knowing things" is valuable. Why shouldn't people get "butthurt" (oh, how eloquent you are - do you write poetry?) over the ridiculous, random, irrational behavior of the nominal (ha!) leader of our country? Surely you get "butthurt" about something, once in a while, but you can't empathize with anyone, do you? That would require caring about something. Maybe you are a nihilist.

Nope. Neither a nihilist nor am I butthurt.

I realize how futile it is to post here when there's no Pong, Kurgan, or Tank (gotta throw in Krawlie- love that guy).

And yes I am truly empathetic to those in need. I do it every day. In fact my job is to help people who can't help themselves.

You can disagree with me, you can even disparage me, but just you don't slam a dude until you've walked a mile in their shoes.

I really hope you grow up, kid. I'm pulling for ya.

So, you can produce slightly more than a quip and trollish comment. You're capable of acting like an adult! Why don't you do it more often? Also, I'm probably within 15% of your age, so "kid" doesn't really apply, unless you consider yourself adolescent. You are very focused on sexuality lately, particularly Lando's.

So, you do have empathy - how come you don't display it on the forums?

Anyway, It's not "futile". We have a forum for discussing events with people of different views, why not use it? The idea that there's no point in the discussion is part of the larger political problems we're facing - that there is no conversation with anyone that isn't already in 100% agreement with you. I might be able to learn something from you, if you were willing or able to articulate your point of view.

Still think this is a weak agreement. I think it's weaker than Obama's Iran Deal. We won't do any military exercises which is a kind of diplomatic deterrent. Congress is demanding a vote on it.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-usa-iran/iran-warns-north-korea-trump-could-cancel-deal-before-getting-home-idUSKBN1J813Y

“We don’t know what type of person the North Korean leader is negotiating with. It is not clear that he would not cancel the agreement before returning home,” Iranian government spokesman Mohammad Bagher Nobakht was quoted as saying by IRNA new agency.
Nobakht questioned Trump’s credibility. “This man does not represent the American people, and they will surely distance themselves from him at the next elections,” he said.

As far as credibility in foreign relationships go's, Obama had none after Ukraine and Libya. He has harmed our credibility far more than Trump at this point.

The important part of these negotiations will be in the fine print. The North Koreans are still in the courting stage, they won't show their real hand till they get the expectations up.

So, you can produce slightly more than a quip and trollish comment. You're capable of acting like an adult! Why don't you do it more often? Also, I'm probably within 15% of your age, so "kid" doesn't really apply, unless you consider yourself adolescent. You are very focused on sexuality lately, particularly Lando's.

So, you do have empathy - how come you don't display it on the forums?

Anyway, It's not "futile". We have a forum for discussing events with people of different views, why not use it? The idea that there's no point in the discussion is part of the larger political problems we're facing - that there is no conversation with anyone that isn't already in 100% agreement with you. I might be able to learn something from you, if you were willing or able to articulate your point of view.

Ok I'll say this. I think it's wrong to have borders and not have border laws. Don't want to have border laws? That's fine, too. If you do, though, they should be enforced.

I don't give a shit about gun control. I see the point of the right, but I also see how it leads to gun violence. I don't want to be around gun nuts, either. And one of them is my best friend.

Abortion? I'm all for it. A women's right to choose is her's alone. She should totally have the right to do what she wants with her own body.

Gay? That's cool. What you do on your time is your own business. One of my favorite neighbors is gay as shit and he'll be glad to put it in precisely those terms. Good guy (kid- he's much younger than me). Haven't had him over for a beer yet but I will.

Perhaps i'm too sensitive to the way I think many of you judge me. But if you want my basic opinions on things that seem to matter most to people, where here you go.

And no, I don't eat shit. Just the smell of it turns my stomach.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.