The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

I am happy that Scooter Libby is finally getting a pardon even if Trump basically did it to stick to Comey. That always struck me as a miscarriage of justice.

I generally hate pardons, but this one always struck me as an investigation in search of a purpose and a prosecutor that should have exercised control. The scandal turned out to be nothing, the investigation should have been closed the minute they realized that the leaker didn't do so for political reasons and there was no actual crime or conspiracy here and the media narrative fell apart. Heck, the investigation should have absolved the whole Bush administration the minute they cleared Armitage. Instead, they kept going and got someone because they didn't correctly remember who they told about what was essentially office gossip.

I hate Hannity, worse than Trump actually, but this is getting pretty ridiculous. If we cheer about this happening to people we don't like, we can't complain when it our own rights gets disqualified on some bullshit technicality. At this point any wrongdoing or immoral behavior by Trump, or anybody else he is associated with, scare me 1/20th as much as the Gestapo tactics people are using to investigate them. How can there not be a backlash? Have we not been warned enough lately about turning into Nazi Germany? I guess Trump is the only person capable of taking our rights away.

Oh well. Just keep on Facefucking away. After all it's 2018, so it can't be Nineteen Eighty-Four.

Pavonis- Let's say that after the midterm elections are over we find out Nikki Haley was using our nation's surveillance tools to spy on opposition candidates in close races. Of course, she claims someone else did it in her name. Would you be concerned?

Are you asking whether I'd be concerned about Nikki Haley in particular doing that, or the situation in general? I'd have to wonder whether warrants were issued and whether all legal procedures were followed. I don't want to see the abuse of power and corruption of law enforcement agencies for political purposes. But, then, I'm not assuming that has already happened.

To turn the problem around on you, what if the "opposition candidates" happened to be part of an organized crime syndicate? Would the mob bosses be off limits for criminal investigation just because they're running for political office?

:rolleyes: You could at least narrow the problem down. Did she break the law? Did she do something you didn't like politically? FFS, it's not like I asked you for an essay on the subject. Her page on Wikipedia isn't telling me anything about what your point is, so what do you expect me to do, read your mind? Or should I look up all your old posts on nightly and figure out what you mean from that?

• 2 weeks later...

KJU was summoned to Beijing by Xi and arrived March 25th. He returned to Pyongyang on the 28th and had a secret meeting with Pompeo days later. Xi explained (with single syllable words I'm guessing) to Rocket Man that his actions and posturing where interfering with China's strategic goals. Then he gave KJU his marching orders. I can guess what their negotiating terms will be. Removal of THAAD, carriers and subs limited to a few scheduled port calls, no bomber flyovers, no joint military excercizes.

Going to laugh when Trump gets a peace prize for Xi's maneuvering.

I just watched her schtick at the Correspondence Dinner. That was terrible. Her delivery was awful. Even if a joke is funny , the delivery can make or ruin it. Most of the jokes were meh, and some of the funny ones didn't hit because she just bombed the previous one. Her voice was like nails on the chalk board, but that's par for the course for most comedians.

Honestly I think Trump would never get the Peace Prize. The amped up hatred against him would make it hard.

Saw someone say the other day that if Trump negotiated an end to the Korean War, the 9th Circuit would issue an injunction the next day declaring that it must continue.

I just watched her schtick at the Correspondence Dinner. That was terrible. Her delivery was awful. Even if a joke is funny , the delivery can make or ruin it. Most of the jokes were meh, and some of the funny ones didn't hit because she just bombed the previous one. Her voice was like nails on the chalk board, but that's par for the course for most comedians.

I haven't seen it, but I've heard the same thing. It's OK to be abrasive as long as it's funny. That's what the Amy Schumers of the world don't get. This girl sounds like she's cut from the same cloth.

Pavonis- Let's say that after the midterm elections are over we find out Nikki Haley was using our nation's surveillance tools to spy on opposition candidates in close races. Of course, she claims someone else did it in her name. Would you be concerned?

Do you realize that all of your rebuttals and answers to completely straight-forward, non-fishing questions are hypothetical scenarios? I'm not trying to stir the pot-just have been observing this back-and-forth with pavonis you're having. I'm wondering if this is your MO in general or if you just have no real leg to stand on in this?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.