The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

Maybe it's because I've known these moves(Tillerson and McMasters) were coming for months, I don't see the big whoop. It was only a matter of time. Tillerson wasn't really right for the job. McMasters, while probably not all his fault, couldn't stop the leaks. Honestly they should just clean house of anyone who is a holdover.

Yeah, the Doomsday Clock is at 11:30 now. Bolton is a warmonger.

And not in the way I like to call Republicans warmongers for having stock in Halliburton or big oil but as in a straight-up, I want to issue a first strike on North Korean and Iran warmonger.

Maybe it's because I've known these moves(Tillerson and McMasters) were coming for months, I don't see the big whoop. It was only a matter of time. Tillerson wasn't really right for the job. McMasters, while probably not all his fault, couldn't stop the leaks. Honestly they should just clean house of anyone who is a holdover.

It's the National Security Advisor's job to stop leaks?

When its of meetings or calls that he is in on? Yes. When he issues a memo to all White House staff about leaks and THAT leaks?

Seriously, it's not his job to control the whole White House staff. That's Kelly's job. If he's running mole hunts, then he's being distracted from advising the president.

The big whoop is that it's now close to thirty cabinet members in 18 months in an administration that hasn't even filled half the jobs it needs to fill yet.

I'm curious where you got this, because it's a classic case of something that's a factually true statement but is completely misleading.

Trump designated 24 cabinet and cabinet-level positions to begin with. So, the "close to thirty cabinet members" was already true on Day 1. It sounds like a big number, but it isn't at all meaningful. Now let's look at the sum total of those 24 cabinet officials who have left the White House (this won't include Kelly and Pompeo as they were promoted, also, National Security Advisor isn't a cabinet official).

1. Reince Priebus

2. Tom Price

3. Rex Tillerson

That's it. Just three. The cabinet has a 89% retention rate, which isn't the greatest (Bush and Obama still had 100% at this point), but is hardly unstable after more than a year, even in this era where cabinet officials are serving longer than has been historically the case. Now there is a problem where an unusual number of staffers, aides, and assistant and deputies that have quit, but I think we just demonstrated the statistic you cited is designed to fool the person hearing it. From now on, you should be more wary of whoever came up with it.

I laugh that the guy who is essentially "Charlie Young" to Trump's president was a leaker. HAHAHAHAHAHA! You can't make this stuff up. The freewheeling style of Trump's way of being the president is not conducive to anything other than lots of unhappy people. Functionaries of the government like order. It's a bureaucrats dream to have rules and some idea of what's happening.

In other news, because of some new tax laws we may get liquor sales in Walmart here in Texas and the Rangers will have to start paying taxes on big trades like they had with Justin Verlander when the trade is not equal. Like 1.5 mil in taxes.

John Bolton is like a real-life Dar Adal from Homeland

Nailed it.

Funny enough, when Poe said "Is that his job?" I immediately thought of Saul Berenson being named National Security Advisor and yet still wearing his spy hat and meeting Russian dudes in the forest.

• 3 weeks later...

Eh, I've been hearing this is getting real for a long time now. I won't believe it until maybe a Democratic Congress votes for impeachment. Looks like we get to live through at least another year of Trump. Comedy gold! But Cohen looking panicked as news crews follow him around NYC have been awesome.

When this is done I wonder if even Carrie would represent Trump. Everyone else gets thrown under the bus. I wouldn't want to represent Trump.

Eh, I've been hearing this is getting real for a long time now.

Near as I can tell, Mueller's Russia investigation is going nowhere. Now we're in tabloid and scandal cover-up territory.

But Cohen looking panicked as news crews follow him around NYC have been awesome.

News reporters harassing people is never good.

Seems Comey stepped on himself with pettiness like that. His comparison of Trump to organized crime-style bosses with self-perpetuating loyalty via testing with constant lies that those in the organization must back up is a fairly interesting take on the matter. For politics in general too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.