The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

My main problem is the theatrics. I disagree with a good number of policy positions, but I'm used to that. But I also want there to be done dignity with the office, and less fighting with the media and tweeting falsehoods.

I'm hoping that General Kelly is able to fix at least since of it.

Funny part is that, theatrics aside, there really isn't all that much actually happening. It's sort of like the Clinton Administration on steroids.

Isn't much happening policy-wise, thank god, but there's plenty happening in terms of public opinion on the US. I agree with Fozzie; I'd like to see at least some semblance of professionalism from the president and his administration.

Isn't much happening policy-wise, thank god, but there's plenty happening in terms of public opinion on the US.

That's an unintended positive really.

Isn't much happening policy-wise, thank god, but there's plenty happening in terms of public opinion on the US.

That's an unintended positive really.

How so?

How so?

American politicians hoping to impress the Europeans is like the nerd in a movie who suddenly becomes famous and gets to hang out at the cool kids table. Sure it feels right at first, but then you notice you're neglecting your family and friends (citizens), working to please them instead of yourself, and throwing dog poop at Israel's door in order to maintain your place with the crowd. You realize that they're running your life, not you, and you don't like what they're making you be. And they inevitably look down on you anyway because your family is soooo embarrassing.

Hopefully, in the end you learn a lesson about who your real friends are and about being yourself.

How so?

American politicians hoping to impress the Europeans is like the nerd in a movie who suddenly becomes famous and gets to hang out at the cool kids table. Sure it feels right at first, but then you notice you're neglecting your family and friends (citizens), working to please them instead of yourself, and throwing dog poop at Israel's door in order to maintain your place with the crowd. You realize that they're running your life, not you, and you don't like what they're making you be. And they inevitably look down on you anyway because your family is soooo embarrassing.

Hopefully, in the end you learn a lesson about who your real friends are and about being yourself.

That's an interesting take.

If you wind up learning that you have no real friends, and people only want to deal with you for now because they have to, then I guess that's a valuable lesson. But aggravating the international community, and pretty much making the entire world dislike you, I find it difficult to find any merit in those as tactics. You can still be a respected functioning member of the international community, and respected politically without having to "impress" or kowtow to the "Europeans", as you say. Can you not? You also don't have to turn your office into a circus side show to prove to the world you don't care what people think of you.

I think Trump doesn't understand how much of a tool he is. There's agendas that are moving forward on several fronts. Honestly Sessions has been the best thing about the administration because he's actually carrying out some campaign promises. ICE is cracking down hard on illegal immigrants. Drug offenses are being prosecuted more harshly. Cuts have been made - even if is because we as American's are no longer paying the salaries of people who were heads of the departments that run certain things like FEMA, the state department and so forth. Pipelines are getting built and some movement has started on the wall as surveyors have been out to some places to start getting the ball moving.

Yeah, a more measured response would have been better. Especially for someone who continues to complain about Obama refusing to take action against Syria after saying he would.

So, what? Next time North Korea threatens us we're launching nukes? By the time Trump was done with his comments they'd probably already issued five threats.

Sessions isn't in charge of most of that. Just the drug offenses. Matter of fact, DHS is in charge of everything else except the pipelines. So, until last week, it was Kelly I suppose.

Yeah, I know but he is still actually doing stuff which is the whole point. Stuff is being done in Trump's name.

N Korea uses photoshop to make their nuke tests seem real. Like POOR photoshopping.

Also, Reagan straight up called the USSR and evil

Empire and we didn't die.

I think we'll be okay.

Yes, he called them an evil empire and said lots of things that scared the piss out of them, and we came really close to a full on nuclear exchange because of that fear.

I'm pretty sure we're okay too. If I were on the Korean peninsula I would probably be less confident. Diplomacy has basically devolved down to arguing about who has the bigger dick, and between these two it's a sad competition. Lots of small hands.

N Korea uses photoshop to make their nuke tests seem real. Like POOR photoshopping.

Also, Reagan straight up called the USSR and evil

Empire and we didn't die.

I think we'll be okay.

The difference is that Reagan didn't say "The USSR is an evil empire and if they say something mean again, I'm dropping nukes! Fake Country! Sad!"

My concern isn't what North Korea will do, but what we'll do with an idiot at the helm. And as much as I do hope that his warning is just stupid bluster, I'm definitely using it against his supporters who, like Trump, still mutter about Obama redline Syria

Trump's going off the cuff wouldn't bother me so much if he chose his words more carefully. It's obvious he meant if N Korea were to launch an attack then yada yada yada. Not just threaten. I don't have a problem with the sternness of the remarks. It's not like he said ,"If Un doesn't bend the knee he will feel fire and fury like the world has never seen before. I mean it. We have 3 of the biggest, baddest, dragons you have ever seen! Very big!" Who knows though, that night have actually gone over better than what he said. I'm so over everyone going chicken little everytime Trump says something.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.