The Trump Administration 2017-

Ms. Spam

Was it grandstanding or showing the millions of people who feel doomed that there's people within the government willing to fight what they consider an administration that's a threat?

We live in crazy times.

Little late to the party, I know, but it was grandstanding.

It'd be one thing if she privately conferred with the White House Counsel about a legal issue, and then resigned if they refused to listen. But that's not really what happened. The DoJ Office of Legal Counsel had already OKed it, and there was only one section that was a little thorny (restriction of legal permanent residents without due process). That section has since been resolved by clarification. Clumsily resolved, no doubt, but resolved.

What Yates did was deliver a speech stating that although the Office of Legal Counsel had OKed, it, she didn't feel the executive order was "wise" or "just." That's not what an attorney's role is. When I advise clients, I don't tell them whether I think the law is "wise" or not. I tell them what it is, and if they follow it great, and if not, well sh-t.. that's on them. You're not paying me to pontificate on grander notions of societal wisdom, you're paying me to advise you- can I legally do this, yes or no?

Now, let's peel this back a bit and look at what's really going on. Yates was a holdover from the Obama administration. She was out once Sessions got confirmed regardless, so she saw a shot and took it. She may or may not have political aspirations, but she wasn't about to pass over an opportunity to score some points with the left while she had the chance. And to be honest, can't really blame her. I'd probably do the same in her shoes, to be honest.

Can all Trump press conferences be done with Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer instead?

Also I believe Trump has been mocked by more countries than any other president. Eventually he won't be taken seriously and he can retire to the house portion of the white house and sit around in his bathrobe and watch teevee because he won't be needed any longer. Maybe Melania sees the writing on the wall. No sense in moving the kid to DC when you husband is going to end his job soon and come home.

Today the NYT's trolled Trump administration by posting that Cabinet Members conferred in the dark because they could not figure out how to turn on the lights in the conference room.

I'm going to be honest. Right now, this moment we were living in historically, maybe the best and worst of times.

Today the NYT's trolled Trump administration by posting that Cabinet Members conferred in the dark because they could not figure out how to turn on the lights in the conference room.

I'm going to be honest. Right now, this moment we were living in historically, maybe the best and worst of times.

Meh, new administrations always have trouble figuring out how everything works for the first couple of weeks. It's like any workplace suddenly experiencing complete turnover literally overnight. Little things that you'd think should be easy turn around and make accomplished men and women look like idiots. Time magazine ran an article right before the inauguration detailing similar ridiculous moments from the Obama and Bush transitions.

Uhm I read that in a British newspaper.

Your posts in general lately have consisted of, "Get this, ___ happened," even though if kept in context, it's really a non-story. Go ahead and read yourself on this thread or the inauguration thread.

I just don't like you or your posting style so generally I don't engage. But whatever.

If you agreed with me, you wouldn't find me all that disagreeable. I generally take care to soften my blows these days, but people don't like it when you point out that their assumptions are wrong.

Maybe to YOU...?

It's not my imagination. A quick look at some of Spam's posts just since Trump's inauguration (and it's been accelerating recently):

Example Number One.

Example Number Two.

Example Number Three.

Example Number Four.

Example Number Five.

Example Number Six.

Example Number Seven.

Example Number Eight.

Example Number Nine.

Example Number Ten.

Example Number Eleven.

It's not only been her posting style forever, she makes sense. It's much more meaty than 'updates on anecdotes that don't amount to much'.

I mean, knock yourself out looking for her posts, but you could post a million examples and none of them will make you right. It's only your opinion. BFD.

Poe, sometimes you come off as incensed, just saying.

A lot of people have stopped posting here where we used to have longer discourse but now mostly it is short form posting for me because I get a wider array of discussion on social media postings than the echo chamber this place is.

Tami's the most awesomest friend a person can have.

In other news ICE is out doing traffic stops in California, Arizona and Texas (haven't heard about New Mexico yet) looking for illegals and deportations have begun. Austin had a big ICE presence today. Five of my students were not at school today but it maybe flu. Two school districts are closed in my area until they can disinfect from the flu. I did wonder though if the students were not coming to class because of their last name.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/councilman-ice-conducting-actions-in-austin/406763071

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.