EPISODE VIII - THE LAST JEDI

Mara Jade Skywalker

Not really. Not at first, certainly. The Legends books never bought into the idea that the war ended just because the Emperor died. The war went on for a while and he kept using one during that time. Throughout the series, especially as time went on, the writers introduced upgraded versions of the X-Wings, also. It isn't as though Luke was still flying the same exact X-Wing as he was in the movies.

I don't mean this as an insult to you guys. I might mean it as an insult to the creators of the stuff Mara cited:

I think if Luke is still flying an X-wing post RotJ, that shows a real lack of imagination.

I don't see it as a problem. I mean if he wants to go somewhere himself why wouldn't he want a small ship? Obviously the X-Wing is a military ship but military vehicles end up getting repurposed as civilian stuff all the time, look at Jeeps for instance.

In reality though who cares about that? Luke had to get on that island somehow, he obviously flew something there. Does it show more imagination to have him fly the Star Wars equivalent of a Honda Civic rather than an X-Wing?

Probably uses it on porgs rather than womp-rats.

I don't mean this as an insult to you guys. I might mean it as an insult to the creators of the stuff Mara cited:
I think if Luke is still flying an X-wing post RotJ, that shows a real lack of imagination.

Why? He obviously loves flying an X-wing.

Citation needed. I know the old EU conveyed something like that, but did the movies? I don't recall him ever saying "I love flying X-wings, and want to do so into my golden years."

Who's flying what? That is a good question. Who is gonna inherit the Falcon though? Surely not Rey... or does she? I mean.. shes flown it.. but is she gonna be the new owner? Poe?

By rights, surely it belongs to Chewie now... but I mean... you know.....

I actually would have loved the Falcon scene with Kylo in TFA to have been left in and even added to. I feel like a major plot of the movie is Kylo's struggle to stay evil which obviously gets paid off when he decides to kill Han. However I never, ever got the impression he actually would turn good. I wish they had done some more to really make that moment have some more tension.

Rey got a flashback, so why not Kylo? Have him go on the Falcon and when he sits in the cockpit he flashes back to a memory with his father on the Falcon. Little Ben is sitting at the controls pretending to be flying. Han tussles his hair and says "this will be yours one day son." Flash to the present and Kylo is wiping away tears. He gives an order to a trooper that "when they are found to bring them directly to him, no one else."

This is not going to go the way you think

The way this has been in almost every trailer and tv spot has me thinking a few things

1. Its not gonna end up in the final cut after all, or if not,

2. Theres an intentional edit after the word go every single time. Theres more being said here thats forcing the edit

3. Also it sounds like theres a cut after think and Im four beers and a shot in now so

This is the most interesting line to me. Cant I wait to find out what its about

Y'know, one of the things that makes this movie look so much better is Mark Hamill. Not necessarily Luke, because the writers were so in awe of the character they couldn't let him in The Force Awakens, but Mark Hamill himself. Let's face it, Harrison Ford hasn't cared about Star Wars since at least The Empire Strikes Back and basically played grumpy old Harrison Ford in The Force Awakens instead of Han Solo. Carrie Fisher really wasn't even an actress anymore, most of her roles the past 20 years being cameos that played on her celebrity.

But you just know that Mark Hamill is going to jump right back into Luke and give it his all. He's always excelled at selling the world around him, even if it's just a guest appearance on The Muppet Show. I get the feeling that every second he's on screen it's going to feel like a better movie.

Who's flying what? That is a good question. Who is gonna inherit the Falcon though? Surely not Rey... or does she? I mean.. shes flown it.. but is she gonna be the new owner? Poe?

By rights, surely it belongs to Chewie now... but I mean... you know.....

That depends on how Han's will was written out but I doubt he phoned his lawyer right before Starkiller and made a young girl he just met his beneficiary.

Lando might do something that sketchy though

You're all wrong. The Porg is clearly in charge of the Millennium Falcon. Just look at him barking orders at Chewbacca.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YrA8ApA9PI

Chewbacca: The cavern is collapsing!

Porg: Full speed ahead!

I've got a theory on this. The Porg is the reincarnation of Han Solo. They'll return his soul to a new body at the end of The Last Jedi and then he and Leia will go on a journey in the past to save some whales or something during Episode IX, explaining their absence.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.