EPISODE VIII - THE LAST JEDI

Mara Jade Skywalker

It was! The full trailer for TFA aired during Monday Night Football on October 19, 2015. (The first teaser was released on Black Friday 2014, the second teaser was released at Celebration Anaheim in April 2015, the Behind the Scenes reel was released at San Diego Comic Con in July 2015.)

So far, The Last Jedi has had one small teaser when production began last year (Luke and Rey on the island), a full teaser at Celebration Orlando in April, and a Behind the Scenes reel at D-23 in July. Same exact pattern as TFA.

Rogue One had more trailers, but it was a different type of film.

I think that whatever the fundraising thing that they did made it seem like we were getting more, because we were getting shots of aliens and stuff from official video.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I sure hope it doesn't come out -65 days to release. It wouldn't be very effective at that point. ;)

Or would it?

Well, in an age where you have literally millions of youtubers and internet chatter dissecting everything about Ep 8, or anything for that matter, there is such a thing as getting too much exposure before release, where people aren't as hyped because the more it is talked about, and over a longer time, the more familiar it becomes. So, maybe by moving the date back by +/- 65 and a wake up, it minimizes overexposure

My friend is organizing a charity screening of TLJ to gather toys for Toys for Tots. It's a kid friendly showing, but I have enough apprehension about Luke's character that I'm not going to take my kid. And I don't really want to experience the movie in a theater full of young kids.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.