EPISODE VIII - THE LAST JEDI

Mara Jade Skywalker

Guest Robin

I do a Star Wars podcast, so I tend to remember these things. When I don't, Google and YouTube exist.

I didn't know that.

I did and I have listened because I'm one of the cool kids.

That's two evil, Anakin and Kylo.

You're right. I forgot about Kylo. Still, at worst we're even. Unless pavonis has some missing Skywalkers.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Did I see that right? They were giving Chewbacca a perm @ 0:09?

And for Disney trying to run away from the PT, why bring back pod racing? That was one of the worst things about the PT, IMHO.

"It's about family. That's what makes it so powerful."

MMM-HMM YES IT IS.

(Will be forever bitter when Rey is not a Skywalker because they never do what I want in SW, lol.)

Totally. For me, it will be pretty disappointing if Rey is not a Skywalker, too...unless there is a damn good reason, but I can't fathom one.

Cause Obi-Wan was a secret philanderer slaying his way around the Galaxy?

Maybe she's a Solo for the same reasons.

It's a much tread question but.... her last name is of little importance IMO.

They're bringing back pod racing?

Guest El Chalupacabra

Cause Obi-Wan was a secret philanderer slaying his way around the Galaxy?

Maybe she's a Solo for the same reasons.

It's a much tread question but.... her last name is of little importance IMO.

I'm not a fan of the secret daughter of Obi Wan theory. If Star Wars is supposed to be linear and somewhat simplistic, then Rey being a Skywalker makes the most sense to me. If she is a nobody, it will work too, I guess, but at this point, I've expected Rey to be a Skwalker so long, that if she turns out not to be, it will be a let down.

They're bringing back pod racing?

screen-shot-2017-04-17-at-51527-pmpng.pn

I don't know. But kinda looks like it to me, anyway. :lol:

Totally. For me, it will be pretty disappointing if Rey is not a Skywalker, too...unless there is a damn good reason, but I can't fathom one.

Maybe she can be Shmi's clone.

Or maybe Anakin had a sooper sekrit retconny twin sister that was sold into slavery and ended up on Jakku, and Rey is her daughter? That would be awesomer!

Maybe Rey is her last name. First name: Sunshine

Works better as her last name. Rey O. Sunshine? I like it.

Or how about Rey Sunrider?

While they do look like "pod racers", as I recall, those vehicles are depicted as heading towards Imperial (excuse me, First Order) Walkers (see here). So I expect they're ground attack vehicles - crappy ones, at that.

Rey's too young to be the daughter of Obi-wan; he died well before she could have been born. A secret granddaughter, maybe, would be more realistic. I don't think she's Skywalker or Solo or Kenobi. She's new. That's the simplest explanation.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.