EPISODE VIII - THE LAST JEDI

Mara Jade Skywalker

Snoke is Snoke.

Luke is not evil, or emo, or depressed.

Also, I cannot handle Jedi Master Luke. It is everything I've ever wanted.

No-- this is everything you've ever wanted:

https://www.refinery29.com/amp/disney-world-star-wars-hotel

Didn't there used to be a Star Trek version of this somewhere? I vaguely recall seeing a commercial for it on the VHS tape of maybe First Contact :lol:

It wasn't quite as in depth, but it was cool. It was basically a walk-through museum of Trek props, then a visit to the ENT-D, a motion simulator shuttle ride, then shops and Quark's bar at DS9.

It was small in scope, but waling around on a 1 to 1 ENT-D recreation was pretty awesome.

Lightsaber props literally change shot to shot during duels, shots all over the PT are flipped (watch Obi-Wan's braid in TPM), Vader's scars don't line up between ESB and ROTJ. If you're drawing a line here, you're ridiculous.

Guest Robin

In story scar reduction expo; Bacta

And done.

Afterthought:

I have had major head injuries as a child and a teen. It's okay if you just laughed and went, "That explains it!" But seriously, I have.

My first major head injury happened when I fell out of the family car as it was moving, this was back in the days of lax seat belt installements and safety etc. The door was not latched correctly, I leaned on it and out I went. I gashed open, scraped and bruised my head. I had a backwards 7 starting across my forehead and down the side of my face. The scarring faded so much there isn't a visible scar.

The second major head injury happened when a drunk driver t-boned the family car, directly into my seat. The windows essentially exploded onto me literally ripping open, not slicing, the left side of my face and forehead. My skull was exposed. The ER doctor on duty that night was by grace a talented plastic surgeon. He was able to piece it together again with what follow up doctors proclaimed as the tiniest and most delicate stitching they had ever seen. I still have scarring from this but it's faded to the point of barely noticeable, my kids laugh it almost looks like Voldemort tried to kill me.

My third major head injury happened as I tried to beat the playground record of highest swing jump ever. The swing buckled from the height, I fell and split my forehead open on a rock. Stitched, healed, not noticeable.

My fourth major head injury happened when I was getting a crystal punch bowl down off a high storage shelf, the bottom of the box opened, dropping the crystal punch bowl on my head, the impact apparently pushed me into the car next to me (this happened in a garage), my head dented the car, the punch bowl shattered and I collapsed into the shards. Stitched, healed, not noticeable.

Yeah, I should probably donate my brain to a CTE study, but regardless of that scars can heal, alter in appearance with healing and age and we live in the "Stone Age" according to Doctor McCoy. ;-)

Lightsaber props literally change shot to shot during duels, shots all over the PT are flipped (watch Obi-Wan's braid in TPM), Vader's scars don't line up between ESB and ROTJ. If you're drawing a line here, you're ridiculous.

Shots that don't line up perfectly are just the imperfections of filmmaking. And I got a brief glimpse of the back of some guy's head in ESB and the front of another in ROTJ.

Kylo Ren is a major character in a trilogy planned from the start. Rey whipping his ass in TFA the way she did was a major part of the climax. Disney allowed one of their star actors to have to look like Jason Voorhees for the rest of the saga and now doesn't have the balls to follow through with it.

If you had given me a diagram of Kylo's face and asked me to draw on his scar, I probably wouldn't have been remotely close.

So yeah, don't care.

Same, and I've seen the movie a billion times. Plus, we only see him bloodied after the battle. We have no idea what he looked like after escaping the planet and getting his face cleaned. So who's to say the scar is "wrong"?

I know, flying through space at lightspeed, lazer swords, intelligent big foots and a moon sized space station that can destroy planets are all fine but a scar healing more than you'd expect is just insane.

Reminds me of the time a buddy and I were playing Rogue Squadron and I got killed (in some BS way) and my reaction was "Oh come on! That would never happen in real life!"... which wasn't wrong!

Shots that don't line up perfectly are just the imperfections of filmmaking. And I got a brief glimpse of the back of some guy's head in ESB and the front of another in ROTJ.

Kylo Ren is a major character in a trilogy planned from the start. Rey whipping his ass in TFA the way she did was a major part of the climax. Disney allowed one of their star actors to have to look like Jason Voorhees for the rest of the saga and now doesn't have the balls to follow through with it.

OMG you're right! The entire movie automatically sucks! My childhood has been raped! Disney is pure evil and star wars films were error free before they came along! UGH THEY SUCK!!!!

Yeah. It was WAY worse than AOTC.

YER SKIN IS SOFTAR THAN SAND

I HATE SAND

We're all entitled to our opinions, but to call out Disney as the bane of filmmaking and that TFA is bad because they changed the look of Kylo's scar is absurd.

That's like me saying to call out AOTC as bad because of one line of dialogue regarding sand is absurd.

YEs. That was the ONLY bad line in AOTC.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yweah, I think AOTC is one of the worst films ever made. Not just worst STAR WARS, but across the board in the history of cinema.

My point exactly. You have more than just that one reason for hating it. So you assuming that I hated TFA because of Kylo's scar and only that, well that makes you...how did you put it? Ridiculous.

Not talking about TFA.

Talking about you writing off TLJ because of a make-up choice.

But whatever, Chief. At least I've actually seen the movie I choose to hate.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.