EPISODE VIII - THE LAST JEDI

Mara Jade Skywalker

It just occurred to me why Luke might have sad this to her. Maybe she has her sights set on revenge on kylo. Maybe she sees herself as the light that's gong to balance out kylos dark. And Luke teaches her its bigger than light and dark, and that she should try to save kylo the way he saved his father. Maybe this Is new, In that the Jed didn't try to convert, and that was something brought on by Luke.

My guess is that Luke will have discovered that the Jedi methodology was formulated to counter a specific threat that no longer exists. The new threat is a more existential one: the jedi methodology makes it too easy for somebody like Snoke to cash in on feelings and emotions that the jedi methodology tries to suppress and ignore.

Snoke seems to have been around a while - part of this might be a realization on Luke's part that Snoke has been manipulating force users (perhaps even both jedi and sith) for his own benefit for generations, and that the methodology of both jedi and sith gave Snoke avenues to accomplish this. I don't think it will come out that Snoke was pulling strings on a micro level like Palpatine, but I wouldn't be shocked if Snoke was somehow trying to influence events between the jedi and sith on a macro level. As long as they were focused on each other, he was probably able to "stay off the grid" and do as he pleased. With the sith destroyed, the reorganization of the jedi then became a threat to Snoke, so he was forced to take on a more direct role in opposition to that.

I hate to say it, but this trailer actually lends more evidence towards the Luke = Snoke theory. So far we have:

-Snoke knows an unusual amount of knowledge of the private Vader, Emperor, and Luke showdown in ROTJ (sentiment caused Vader to turn on the emperor/topple the empire) almost as if he were there.

-Luke says he believes it's "time for the Jedi to end" as a certain fact. Snoke seems to want the same thing. Snoke doesn't specifically say he wants to kill Luke, he does say he doesn't want the resistance to find Luke, nor does he want the Jedi order to rise again. He seemed content with Luke simply vanishing. Why would Snoke take that chance? If he secretly IS Luke...there's your answer.

-Prior to TFA, Kylo went to Luke to train. Then he fell to the dark side under Luke's supervision. Snoke is apparently a known entity in all this, because Leia blames Snoke for her son's fall. Convenient sequence of events, and if Luke = Snoke then turning Kylo would be that much easier.

-in the flashbacks, the Jedi temple is In a flaming ruin, the students apparently all killed, presumably by Kylo. Luke is conveniently not in the damn thing, and he's been seen not actively defending the temple, but watching from afar. We suspiciously don't see Luke's face in any of these flashbacks, almost as if the screenwriters are holding their cards real close to the chest in these scenes. Hiding his face masks any facial emotion. Perhaps because this look is that of approval?

-in TFA, Kylo tells Snoke via hologram about Rey and her strength in the force. Change of plans! Snoke says "bring her to me". Another game changer: Starkiller base bloweded up. Kylo fails to deliver Rey to Snoke. Snoke needs to change his approach. R2d2 then magically turns on at the right moment like an alarm clock (by Luke?) allowing the silly map pieces to come together, making Luke's location finally known. Rey goes to him, with an agenda: training. if Luke = Snoke, this sequence of events actually makes more sense in terms of both motivations and technical plot issues. Rey gets manipulated into delivering herself to Snoke when he allows himself to be located.

...just sayin

Guest Robin

The only Snoke theory I enjoy is him being Ezra from Rebels.

Afterthought: I'd be happy with Snoke just being Snoke, of course. Another Rebels tie that makes me smile is Benicio as a grizzled, maybe even disillusioned but still good Ezra.

Afterthought, part deux: Luke as a villain is dumber than Star Trek Into Darkness, both as a title and a film.

I hate to say it, but this trailer actually lends more evidence towards the Luke = Snoke theory. So far we have:

-Snoke knows an unusual amount of knowledge of the private Vader, Emperor, and Luke showdown in ROTJ (sentiment caused Vader to turn on the emperor/topple the empire) almost as if he were there.

-Luke says he believes it's "time for the Jedi to end" as a certain fact. Snoke seems to want the same thing. Snoke doesn't specifically say he wants to kill Luke, he does say he doesn't want the resistance to find Luke, nor does he want the Jedi order to rise again. He seemed content with Luke simply vanishing. Why would Snoke take that chance? If he secretly IS Luke...there's your answer.

-Prior to TFA, Kylo went to Luke to train. Then he fell to the dark side under Luke's supervision. Snoke is apparently a known entity in all this, because Leia blames Snoke for her son's fall. Convenient sequence of events, and if Luke = Snoke then turning Kylo would be that much easier.

-in the flashbacks, the Jedi temple is In a flaming ruin, the students apparently all killed, presumably by Kylo. Luke is conveniently not in the damn thing, and he's been seen not actively defending the temple, but watching from afar. We suspiciously don't see Luke's face in any of these flashbacks, almost as if the screenwriters are holding their cards real close to the chest in these scenes. Hiding his face masks any facial emotion. Perhaps because this look is that of approval?

-in TFA, Kylo tells Snoke via hologram about Rey and her strength in the force. Change of plans! Snoke says "bring her to me". Another game changer: Starkiller base bloweded up. Kylo fails to deliver Rey to Snoke. Snoke needs to change his approach. R2d2 then magically turns on at the right moment like an alarm clock (by Luke?) allowing the silly map pieces to come together, making Luke's location finally known. Rey goes to him, with an agenda: training. if Luke = Snoke, this sequence of events actually makes more sense in terms of both motivations and technical plot issues. Rey gets manipulated into delivering herself to Snoke when he allows himself to be located.

...just sayin

Zero percent chance.

What might motivate Luke to become evil, and then hide it from his own minions? If Kylo knows both Luke and Snoke, and Luke is Snoke, why fake the appearance of a scarred, wrinkly old (alien?) man? Is it just for General Hux's sake? He doesn't seem worth the trouble.

I had an interesting conversation with a guy here from work. He talked about how he wants Kylo Ren to become a more interesting character. He talked about how he started out liking Ren, but by the end of the movie he had basically become an annoying version of Damian Wayne(an oxymoron IMO). A kid with Daddy issues that idolizes his grandfather. The difference being that Damian actually knew and trained under his grandfather. We talked about how they need to minimize the Vader connection because it has a great chance if falling flat. Luke knew he was Vader's son for a couple of months. People do follow figures they don't personally know for many reasons, but most of us still don't know what Vader "had started".

Then we finished talking about how Robin has to be introduced in the Batman movie, because there is no real reason to include Deathstroke if you don't.........

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.