EPISODE VIII - THE LAST JEDI

Mara Jade Skywalker

Guest El Chalupacabra

While they do look like "pod racers", as I recall, those vehicles are depicted as heading towards Imperial (excuse me, First Order) Walkers (see here). So I expect they're ground attack vehicles - crappy ones, at that.

That was my impression too. I was just saying they look like them, and was being half serious. But they do look a bit outmatched to be taking on Imperial First Order walkers. We can only hope ewoks are piloting them to even things out.

Rey's too young to be the daughter of Obi-wan; he died well before she could have been born. A secret granddaughter, maybe, would be more realistic. I don't think she's Skywalker or Solo or Kenobi. She's new. That's the simplest explanation.

I have to admit, the simplest explanation is Rey came from nowhere from a nobody. But I am still trying to wrap my head around any explanation other than she being Luke's daughter. Whatever the explanation, it really isn't that important to me, just would be a bit of a disappointment if she wasn't a Skywalker in some way, since we already had 6 films about the Skywalker family, and it would suck if that family story ends with Luke and Leia (which both will likely not survive the sequel trilogy), and an evil Skywalker-Solo in Kylo Ren.

While they do look like "pod racers", as I recall, those vehicles are depicted as heading towards Imperial (excuse me, First Order) Walkers (see here). So I expect they're ground attack vehicles - crappy ones, at that.

Rey's too young to be the daughter of Obi-wan; he died well before she could have been born. A secret granddaughter, maybe, would be more realistic. I don't think she's Skywalker or Solo or Kenobi. She's new. That's the simplest explanation.

Maybe people space-age differently?? Why do we assume star wars time/generation advancement is the same as our own?

I think she will turn out to be a Skywalker or Kenobi or related to another character from previous films because of how they've gone to great lengths to keep her last name a secret. At Celebration Europe Mark Hamill was asked during his panel what her last name was in a sneaky attempt to to see if he'd blow it and he caught himself. I doubt that would be a such a big deal if she's a new character was going to be the simplest explanation.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Maybe people space-age differently?? Why do we assume star wars time/generation advancement is the same as our own?

Because everyone else outside of Chewie, Yoda, and the droids has aged normally.

yeah you got me there. I knew I was clutching at straws.

See, now this is where I expected Pavonis to say you had a point because travelling at FTL should slow down the aging process, and then ask how do we know for sure that they are using Earth years, and not Coruscant years, which could be longer.

To which Driver would remind us this is Star Wars.....

:lol:

That was my impression too. I was just saying they look like them, and was being half serious. But they do look a bit outmatched to be taking on Imperial First Order walkers. We can only hope ewoks are piloting them to even things out.

I have to admit, the simplest explanation is Rey came from nowhere from a nobody. But I am still trying to wrap my head around any explanation other than she being Luke's daughter. Whatever the explanation, it really isn't that important to me, just would be a bit of a disappointment if she wasn't a Skywalker in some way, since we already had 6 films about the Skywalker family, and it would suck if that family story ends with Luke and Leia (which both will likely not survive the sequel trilogy), and an evil Skywalker-Solo in Kylo Ren.

They have said time and again that the saga/episodic films are about the Skywalker family. If she's not a Skywalker that leaves Kylo which means he will have to survive to carry on the saga films. Unless they plan on ending the Skywalker story with Episode IX then all bets are off.

Guest Robin

Rey Skywalker (Valorum)

The Valorum family were disgraced, decades later a great-granddaughter is born via Luke and a female Valorum to be named in the EU. The films focus on the Skywalker connection while in classic GL style (fantasy tale style) they pay mere lip service to who the mother was.

Essentially I figure the same set-up for whoever they choose, just change the last name of the mother appropriately.

Guest El Chalupacabra

That's the first picture, yes, but we've known the details (fleshy skin, gold robe, blue eyes) for a while.

Also, incredibly, that's a puppet!

This is a puppet? For real?

https://i.imgur.com/1eoJNNq.jpg

Up until seeing that photo, I assumed Snoke was an alien. After seeing it, my knee jerk reaction is Snoke looks like a human who was disfigured Mason Verger style.

Guest El Chalupacabra

The chimp eyes give it away! Ha!

I'm just saying in TFA Smoke looked like a disfigured alien in the hologram, but that new pic he looks a lot more human to me. Maybe he is still alien, just my initial reaction.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.