Inauguration Day!

Ms. Spam

Guest El Chalupacabra

That is exactly why I am a registered independent, and not a democrat. I just can't get on board with the immature and crazy attitudes of a lot of far left dems and academia liberals. They are the left's version of the crazy, end is nigh bible thumpers who stand on street corners holding up signs. Even if there is a topic I might even be inclined to agree with in principle, that behavior is such a turn off, that I become indifferent or actually side against them.

As much as I thought the Tea Party was full of crazies when they were protesting especially during Obama's first term, and the fact that I still believe that some of the more extreme Tea Partiers and the later Trump supporters were motivated by prejudice (maybe not out and out racism, but xenophobia), I have to say that their protests were not nearly as destructive or divisive as the extreme left (IE Occupy Wall Street, BLM, etc).

Both parties have some ideas I agree with. I may lean more left than right, but I consider myself a centrist. It's just a shame that there seems to be no place for that mindset in American politics. Sometimes, I feel like people who are of similar mindset as I am are almost as rare as unicorns. There surely isn't enough to make a difference in elections. It's always the extremes on each side that win out.

Sounds like you belong with us.

On some things maybe, but not really down with that movement either. I think I am content with just calling myself a center left independent. But even if I were an alt left guy, kinda proves my point: they aren't in the drivers seat of the dem party, and have no significant political power.

I guess they'll be as effective as the last bunch.

I really wonder why you people get so riled up about political ****. Number one it's going to happen with or without you. Number two its not going to affect your life all that mich. Number three its going to happen with or without you.

Really? My most recent job-my dream job, in Cabo, may go away because of politics, because of Trump. This will have a very big effect on me. And that's just ONE thing in his first week in office.

You don't have a clue as to what the Women's marches were about-you don't seem to understand how and why protests, in general, work. 1.5 million women were just being 'childish'? You're the worst kind of misogynist. I will not shut up and "give the guy a chance"! Why SHOULD I ? Why should anyone? We've already SEEN his work! It's not as if he dropped in from another planet. I won't give him a chance to **** up progress. I don't want to move backwards. I also love it how you seem to be the only one who knows exactly why millions of Americans voted for Trump.

Wait ok now I see it. Don't feel bad I don't quote well, either.I do have a clue about women's rights. Women are put through a lot and they deserve to complain. They take it too far, though. The bottom line is that if they do a good enough job they will be paid accordingly.And we've never seen Trump as president, so don't tell me that we've already seen it. It may be a disaster, but until then shut the **** up. I know that you're used to not knowing what you're talking about....so by all means continue. Your posts always bring a smile to my face.And yeah, I'm the only one. Great point. If only you could see me walk.
Christ, I tried every ****ing configuration of quote tags possible.Women take complaining too FAR? And every woman who is underpaid isn't doing a good enough job. I don't have to the time to go off about thatlittle bit of abject ignorance, so I'm just going to let that one lie here and laugh myself to sleep over it. Good. ****ing. GOD.Trumps been in office just DAYS and I already have major complaints about every ****ing thing he's done. Hope that brings a smile to your face.You're almost as interesting a piece of wrk as he is. ALMOST.

What the hell does abject mean? I don't speak Martian.

And whats so strange about women complaining? That's why we call them women.

That's English. Do you own or have access to a dictionary?

And fuck you.

The US has just president-ed a man who to many people, embodies the worst kind of regressive, repressive heterosexual white male privelege.

Facts (your mileage may vary):

1. He's a serial adulterer on his third wife, yet isn't being taken to task by the folks that reviled Bill Clinton for his extramarital shenanigans and somehow managed to simultaneously blame Hillary for somehow driving him to it AND having the gall to stay with him post-Monica.

2. He claims to be pro American business yet consorts with so many overseas manufacturers it's mind-blowing.

3. He has frequently failed to pay contractors even though work was completed per spec and on time.

4. He has refused to release his tax returns, even though by doing so he could immediately clear up any questions about Russian entanglements. Also, his failure to release tax returns feels a trifle hypocritical because of his years-long questioning of Obama's citizenship.

5. He claims widespread voter fraud, despite zero proof.

6. His "grab them" comment is a thing which exists, and it is ... well, rapey. The gist of his remarks is that he's allowed to do whatever he wants to women because he is rich and famous.

7. Various Intel agencies have confirmed that Russia meddled in the election with the intent of aiding Trump in his victory.

Et al, et cetera.

My personal opinion that Trump is a rotten scumbag of a person aside, I had grave misgivings about him because of his business ties which can lead to huge conflicts of interest regarding trade, economic, and environmental policy. I don't think he has even a basic understanding of American government or the Constitution. He seems too easily riled, and when he's crossed resorts to bluster, threats, and name-calling rather than substantive discussion. He is embraced by the KKK and fails to repudiate them.

So, Inauguration Day? His speech was bleak as hell, and I couldn't stomach watching a man I believe to be the most ill-suited man ever to take the Oath of Office (and I include Jackson and both Harrisons in my tally) as he was sworn in.

7. Various Intel agencies have confirmed that Russia meddled in the election with the intent of aiding Trump in his victory.

This claim keeps getting thrown out there as a fact. It may be fact that Russia was meddling in the election. I have seen no proof of a motive. You think the only reason to attack Hillary was to help Trump win. I suspect they wanted to weaken Hillary and create a situation where she was dealing with scandals for her entire presidency instead of opposing their will. I bet Putin was as surprised (and concerned) with the outcome as the rest of the rational people out there.

This claim keeps getting thrown out there as a fact. It may be fact that Russia was meddling in the election. I have seen no proof of a motive. You think the only reason to attack Hillary was to help Trump win. I suspect they wanted to weaken Hillary and create a situation where she was dealing with scandals for her entire presidency instead of opposing their will. I bet Putin was as surprised (and concerned) with the outcome as the rest of the rational people out there.

It is possible the CIA is lying, but why?

This claim keeps getting thrown out there as a fact. It may be fact that Russia was meddling in the election. I have seen no proof of a motive. You think the only reason to attack Hillary was to help Trump win. I suspect they wanted to weaken Hillary and create a situation where she was dealing with scandals for her entire presidency instead of opposing their will. I bet Putin was as surprised (and concerned) with the outcome as the rest of the rational people out there.[/quote

It is possible the CIA is lying, but why?

May not be lying. Could just be a severe lack of imagination.

I think we should start an impeachment pool. How long will he be in office before his own party turns on him and impeaches his ass?

My biggest gripe so far is that everything is such a god awefully poor mess that the people who recently had a tornado tear through their town hasn't gotten help from FEMA. This transition team cares more about arguing with the press about how many people showed up on inauguration day than it does about it's own job.

The US has just president-ed a man who to many people, embodies the worst kind of regressive, repressive heterosexual white male privelege.

Facts (your mileage may vary):

1. He's a serial adulterer on his third wife, yet isn't being taken to task by the folks that reviled Bill Clinton for his extramarital shenanigans and somehow managed to simultaneously blame Hillary for somehow driving him to it AND having the gall to stay with him post-Monica.

This narrative is kinda all over the place. Before he received the Republican nomination there were those that tried to bring up Trump's multiple marriages and womanizing against him. But hey politicians throwing stones in glass houses. Maybe it's just me, but I haven't heard that complaint of Hillary since the 90's. And those were the people that were defending Bill. Anyone in politics knew the Clinton's stayed together for their political careers.

I hate to sound flippant about adultery and politics, but it's not one of those things that America has really seemed to give a damn about. We are the country who considers the Kennedys royalty.

I think we should start an impeachment pool. How long will he be in office before his own party turns on him and impeaches his ass?

My biggest gripe so far is that everything is such a god awefully poor mess that the people who recently had a tornado tear through their town hasn't gotten help from FEMA. This transition team cares more about arguing with the press about how many people showed up on inauguration day than it does about it's own job.

You miss his speech about FEMA sending aide to the affected citites?

Trumps been in office just DAYS and I already have major complaints about every ****ing thing he's done. Hope that brings a smile to your face.

You're almost as interesting a piece of wrk as he is. ALMOST.

Everything? I wouldn't have put you as a TPP supporter.

Post of the thread. Says so much. With so little.

I don't have your talent for brevity, Brando. :)

I was at my local protest (Madison, Wisconsin) because I support my wife and my friends, of whatever ethnicity or faith or beliefs. I've also tried reaching out to my representatives in Congress who are supposed to listen to me and my concerns. The protests are just another way to get the attention of those representatives. They can ignore individual phone calls (Senator Ron Johnson's office doesn't even answer the phone nowadays), emails, and letters, but the volume of correspondence can't be ignored. The protests can't be ignored. It worked for the Tea Party, didn't it? All the Tea Partiers bitching for years started to get them what they wanted. It's only smart to go with what works.

LOL.

Pav, I gotta say, color me surprised here. I would've figured you a little too cerebral to be the type to partake in that spectacular waste of time, but hey, you know what they say about learning something new every day.

So what was it? Dragged along and decided to pick your battles, or was it more of deciding you had better do your share of cultural signaling in reaction to the coronation of the Der Führer? If the latter, I do sincerely hope your FB selfies got many likes and hopefully a fist bump emoji! :)

Guest El Chalupacabra

But what guy wouldn't want to go to a protest march with thousands of angry SJW women wearing pink vagina hats and screaming Viva La Vulva, in between screeching about how they've been screwed over by the Man? Sounds like fun to me.

I was at my local protest (Madison, Wisconsin) because I support my wife and my friends, of whatever ethnicity or faith or beliefs. I've also tried reaching out to my representatives in Congress who are supposed to listen to me and my concerns. The protests are just another way to get the attention of those representatives. They can ignore individual phone calls (Senator Ron Johnson's office doesn't even answer the phone nowadays), emails, and letters, but the volume of correspondence can't be ignored. The protests can't be ignored. It worked for the Tea Party, didn't it? All the Tea Partiers bitching for years started to get them what they wanted. It's only smart to go with what works.

LOL.

Pav, I gotta say, color me surprised here. I would've figured you a little too cerebral to be the type to partake in that spectacular waste of time, but hey, you know what they say about learning something new every day.

So what was it? Dragged along and decided to pick your battles, or was it more of deciding you had better do your share of cultural signaling in reaction to the coronation of the Der Führer? If the latter, I do sincerely hope your FB selfies got many likes and hopefully a fist bump emoji! :)

Honestly, there were donuts involved. But it was by no means a waste of time. It was an educational experience.

More seriously, your implication that I needed to "pick my battles" with my wife is demeaning. You aren't familiar with my marriage, and you shouldn't be commenting on it. It's not appropriate.

I'd enjoy discussing the current political climate with you more. Your insights are always astute and I learn a lot from you. However I fear you and I don't have enough in common anymore for there to be a fruitful exchange. The wealth disparity alone makes it hard for you to see my perspective and frankly I doubt there's anything I can say or do that you wouldn't mock and dismiss, including this post.

But what guy wouldn't want to go to a protest march with thousands of angry SJW women wearing pink vagina hats and screaming Viva La Vulva, in between screeching about how they've been screwed over by the Man? Sounds like fun to me.

That was one of the common chants? What a missed opportunity for "Vulva La Resistance" or something like it. Passing up golden opportunities for wordplay is criminal.

You miss his speech about FEMA sending aide to the affected citites?

I have relatives in GA. Speeches are nice but FEMA's a mess.

Trumps been in office just DAYS and I already have major complaints about every ****ing thing he's done. Hope that brings a smile to your face.

You're almost as interesting a piece of wrk as he is. ALMOST.

Everything? I wouldn't have put you as a TPP supporter.

Post of the thread. Says so much. With so little.

I don't have your talent for brevity, Brando. :)

Understatement.

And why wouldn't you have assumed I was a TPP supporter?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.