Inauguration Day!

Ms. Spam

He knows my name! Subtle threat! Thankfully spokeo an YP .are years out of date. This what Rev did right before he threatened my kid. I'm not fat, though. I lost weight. But I am a total Hollywood douchebag.

Okay, Tex you win. It's all fake. All those arial views of hundreds of thousands of people marching must by CG or something. No one has ever protested changed a thing in the history of our country. I don't think you're a giant hate monger.

I've been far to open on the internet, and the safety of my family, who think I'm not an asshole despite being liberal, is more important than winning an internet fight.

You win, and I'll do what I said I was going to no, and no longer participate in this pointless argument.

Are you saying that feminism is partisan?

It often is, Metro. Or its ideas are used in a partisan manner. The outrage over mistreatment or objectification of women depends on who's doing it, what their political stripe is, and the political bias of the source covering it. Look at rape culture, for example. According to the HuffPost, it's rampant on college campuses. According to Breitbart, it's rampant among migrant communities from Islamic countries (this is more an issue in Europe, but you get the picture). The people getting uptight over Melania Trump having once posed nude would not be any different had it been Michelle Obama instead, but it would be coming from different sources. The Trump partisans can be counted on to say, "What about Bill Clinton?" whenever Trump's sexual misdeeds and misogynistic statements are brought up. I can't count the number of social media discussion threads I've seen in which whether or not the sex was consensual or not boiled down to the politics of the people involved, and both sides are guilty of it. The thinly veiled partisanship is a disservice to both sides. This is why their approval ratings are in the tank.

That is exactly why I am a registered independent, and not a democrat. I just can't get on board with the immature and crazy attitudes of a lot of far left dems and academia liberals. They are the left's version of the crazy, end is nigh bible thumpers who stand on street corners holding up signs. Even if there is a topic I might even be inclined to agree with in principle, that behavior is such a turn off, that I become indifferent or actually side against them.

As much as I thought the Tea Party was full of crazies when they were protesting especially during Obama's first term, and the fact that I still believe that some of the more extreme Tea Partiers and the later Trump supporters were motivated by prejudice (maybe not out and out racism, but xenophobia), I have to say that their protests were not nearly as destructive or divisive as the extreme left (IE Occupy Wall Street, BLM, etc).

Both parties have some ideas I agree with. I may lean more left than right, but I consider myself a centrist. It's just a shame that there seems to be no place for that mindset in American politics. Sometimes, I feel like people who are of similar mindset as I am are almost as rare as unicorns. There surely isn't enough to make a difference in elections. It's always the extremes on each side that win out.

Sounds like you belong with us.

Why do you post things like that, Tex?

I did vote accordingly. My candidates didn't win. The winners are still supposed to listen and represent me. I'm not seeing any sign that the Republicans that represent me listen to me or desire my future vote. In the meantime I'll just have to write, call, email and protest until November 2018. But I'm not going to shut up just to make you feel comfortable.

I'm a straight white male so you'd think I'd be fine for now, but I'm educated and a scientist, so I'm facing a government that is actively hostile to my interests and goals. Facts don't matter to the Trump administration; if facts are so important to you, Tex, by all means tell your dear leader to respect them.

How is it hostile to your interests?

I'm interested in a government that makes policy based on facts and rational discussion. Aren't you?

Trump selected Scott Pruitt, who has sued the EPA regularly to block its mission, to "lead" the EPA.

Rick Perry discussed shutting down the Department of Energy, now he's going to be in charge of it, including almost all the national laboratories. I have used, and hope to continue to use, those facilities. If they're defunded, or have budgets slashed, it's not great for my research. Sure, Perry has changed his tune, but why did he want to dismantle the agency in charge of our nuclear materials in the first place?

Ben Carson is a self-declared young Earth creationist. He may end up the head of HUD, because a neurosurgeon who lived in a house once and thinks the pyramids at Giza were grain silos is clearly not in touch with reality.

I guess they'll be as effective as the last bunch.

I really wonder why you people get so riled up about political shit. Number one it's going to happen with or without you. Number two its not going to affect your life all that mich. Number three its going to happen with or without you.

What's your metric for "effective"? If you don't pay attention because it doesn't affect you, then how do you know who in the "last bunch" was (or wasn't) effective?

You feel disconnected from society and governance, don't you, Tex? Your voice is too small because you don't use it effectively. Trolling people here is apparently all you care to do.

Yeah what happened yesterday was great. I really hope these people keep sounding off because they just make the Trump movement even stronger.

I would understand if they protested after he ****ed something up but to do before he's done anything is just stupid. Let's see what this guy can do before we come down on him.

The American people saw through the bull****. They don't care about open mic comments about grabbing *****, they just want something different. Millions of women rolled there eyes at that comment and voted for Trump.......

if you really think I've posted hateful stuff here I'd really like to know what you're talking about. I've just followed everyone else's lead here. .... I'm just a regular guy who wants everyone to be happy.

The protesters and the violence have less to do with Trump being president and more to do with people being childish. These are people who refuse to look at the big picture. ..... shut the **** up and give the guy a chance.

If you believe all this, you are delusional. Following everyone else' lead here??

You don't have a clue as to what the Women's marches were about-you don't seem to understand how and why protests, in general, work. 1.5 million women were just being 'childish'? You're the worst kind of misogynist. I will not shut up and "give the guy a chance"! Why SHOULD I ? Why should anyone? We've already SEEN his work! It's not as if he dropped in from another planet. I won't give him a chance to **** up progress. I don't want to move backwards.

I also love it how you seem to be the only one who knows exactly why millions of Americans voted for Trump.

You don't have a clue as to what the Women's marches were about-you don't seem to understand how and why protests, in general, work. 1.5 million women were just being 'childish'? You're the worst kind of misogynist. I will not shut up and "give the guy a chance"! Why SHOULD I ? Why should anyone? We've already SEEN his work! It's not as if he dropped in from another planet. I won't give him a chance to **** up progress. I don't want to move backwards.

I also love it how you seem to be the only one who knows exactly why millions of Americans voted for Trump.

Wait ok now I see it. Don't feel bad I don't quote well, either.

I do have a clue about women's rights. Women are put through a lot and they deserve to complain. They take it too far, though. The bottom line is that if they do a good enough job they will be paid accordingly.

And we've never seen Trump as president, so don't tell me that we've already seen it. It may be a disaster, but until then shut the fuck up. I know that you're used to not knowing what you're talking about....so by all means continue. Your posts always bring a smile to my face.

And yeah, I'm the only one. Great point. If only you could see me walk.

Bullshit. I'm an engineer, and I can tell you I was underpaid despite kicking ass until a manager finally stepped in and noticed I was underpaid and brought me up to where I should be. Then he got a new assignment, and it was back to the same old bullshit. I got a promotion after fighting like crazy for it, and it was the crappiest raise I've ever gotten. So don't give me the "work hard enough and you'll get what you deserve". I worked harder than every man on that team and they get to sit there and pick their noses all day.

Why do you post things like that, Tex?

I did vote accordingly. My candidates didn't win. The winners are still supposed to listen and represent me. I'm not seeing any sign that the Republicans that represent me listen to me or desire my future vote. In the meantime I'll just have to write, call, email and protest until November 2018. But I'm not going to shut up just to make you feel comfortable.

I'm a straight white male so you'd think I'd be fine for now, but I'm educated and a scientist, so I'm facing a government that is actively hostile to my interests and goals. Facts don't matter to the Trump administration; if facts are so important to you, Tex, by all means tell your dear leader to respect them.

When you find anyone from either party that actually listens and represents everyone please let me know. Because I haven't seen it from Republicans or Democrats. Both are more concerned with shoving their mind set down everyone's throat with a 'you will like this or else' mentality than actually discussing and compromising.

Even with regular, everyday people you can no longer have a civil conversation without one side or the other quickly reverting to talking over the other and insulting them or calling them whatever the catch word of the day is.

bull****. I'm an engineer, and I can tell you I was underpaid despite kicking ass until a manager finally stepped in and noticed I was underpaid and brought me up to where I should be. Then he got a new assignment, and it was back to the same old bull****. I got a promotion after fighting like crazy for it, and it was the crappiest raise I've ever gotten. So don't give me the "work hard enough and you'll get what you deserve". I worked harder than every man on that team and they get to sit there and pick their noses all day.

What about the squeaky wheel? I have noticed everywhere I have worked that it is the braggart SOB always telling everyone how great he is that gets noticed by the boss. The guy that says he is worth more and won't stand for less than he deserves. I have also noticed that this braggart SOB is always a guy.

Its like Ashley and Scarlett complaining about equal pay. If they want to fight for women's rights they could always say they won't work for that price . Tell the studio to fuck off. Telling Trump to fuck off doesn't do any good.

bull****. I'm an engineer, and I can tell you I was underpaid despite kicking ass until a manager finally stepped in and noticed I was underpaid and brought me up to where I should be. Then he got a new assignment, and it was back to the same old bull****. I got a promotion after fighting like crazy for it, and it was the crappiest raise I've ever gotten. So don't give me the "work hard enough and you'll get what you deserve". I worked harder than every man on that team and they get to sit there and pick their noses all day.

I'm underpaid. Surrounded by idioits. There's only so much money to go around and apparently I have to make up for they're incompetence. Doesn't matter what I do, it's the same corporate bullshit over and over again.

Strange right? And I don't even have a vagina.

If it's the same corporate bullshit everywhere, why am I paid less than the men I work with? I was the only woman on the team, so it's not like a group of us got together and gossiped about salaries while we did our nails or whatever trite image you came up with. I wouldn't have realized it unless I was in a union that publishes salaries and raises. I was told I was doing a great job, but the pay raises didn't reflect that. Other women in the organization were passed over for promotions for years. I was one of the more aggressive ones in the organization, and even I had to fight tooth and nail for everything. It's real. Society of Women Engineers estimates that female engineers are still paid only 90 cents for every dollar that their male peers make (varies by exact trade, I should be glad I went into Aerospace instead of Construction). The pay gap isn't as bad, but it's still there.

I have younger female counterparts who don't believe it's there. They think if they work hard, they will be rewarded. They will be, but not as much as their male peers. Give it 10 years, they'll realize it, too. I didn't even think about it until I got my massive raise to catch me up to everyone else.

I agree that the disparity exists. I just don't think it is a conscious decision to discriminate against women in most cases. Be more assertive. Demand what you deserve like the guys do.

I recently quit a job I was at for 10 years because I felt I was being taken advantage of. Took a $6.50/hr pay cut. The owner of the company I work for now recently told me I was the best employee he has and that he is going to "take care of me", which was cool because his two brothers, his son, and his best friend work there. So now I am extremely well treated, but I am bored to tears every day and make less money. I could have put my foot down and demanded what I deserve from my last boss, but I act like a girl at work.

like the guys do.... but I act like a girl at work.

And there we have it. I'm not sure you're understanding what she's saying. I'll simplify. The guys don't have to "fight tooth and nail" for the same raises and promotions. They just receive them. That's the very definition of inequality. She's not receiving equal pay for equal work. People, particularly men, are always trying to bring other factors into the discussion - work harder, put in more hours, make more demands, get more degrees, whatever. The point is ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL the pay is not. It's just not. Women everywhere see it and feel it every day. It's not because they're whining or being emotional or making it up. Pay disparity is real.

And this isn't even touching on the other issues women, especially in STEM fields, deal with at work.

Employers will only pay what they have to, regardless of gender or race.

Destiny I commend you for standing up for yourself and getting the salary that you think you deserve but if you really think it only happens to women you're living in a dream world. I've worked with a ton of people that make more than me and do less. Many of whom lack a Y chromosome.

like the guys do.... but I act like a girl at work.

And there we have it. I'm not sure you're understanding what she's saying. I'll simplify. The guys don't have to "fight tooth and nail" for the same raises and promotions. They just receive them. That's the very definition of inequality. She's not receiving equal pay for equal work. People, particularly men, are always trying to bring other factors into the discussion - work harder, put in more hours, make more demands, get more degrees, whatever. The point is ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL the pay is not. It's just not. Women everywhere see it and feel it every day. It's not because they're whining or being emotional or making it up. Pay disparity is real.

And this isn't even touching on the other issues women, especially in STEM fields, deal with at work.

You definitely simplified. If only problems were as simple as people are.

Wait ok now I see it. Don't feel bad I don't quote well, either.

I do have a clue about women's rights. Women are put through a lot and they deserve to complain. They take it too far, though. The bottom line is that if they do a good enough job they will be paid accordingly.

And we've never seen Trump as president, so don't tell me that we've already seen it. It may be a disaster, but until then shut the **** up. I know that you're used to not knowing what you're talking about....so by all means continue. Your posts always bring a smile to my face.

And yeah, I'm the only one. Great point. If only you could see me walk.

Christ, I tried every ****ing configuration of quote tags possible.

Women take complaining too FAR? And every woman who is underpaid isn't doing a good enough job. I don't have to the time to go off about that

little bit of abject ignorance, so I'm just going to let that one lie here and laugh myself to sleep over it. Good. ****ing. GOD.

Trumps been in office just DAYS and I already have major complaints about every ****ing thing he's done. Hope that brings a smile to your face.

You're almost as interesting a piece of wrk as he is. ALMOST.

You don't have a clue as to what the Women's marches were about-you don't seem to understand how and why protests, in general, work. 1.5 million women were just being 'childish'? You're the worst kind of misogynist. I will not shut up and "give the guy a chance"! Why SHOULD I ? Why should anyone? We've already SEEN his work! It's not as if he dropped in from another planet. I won't give him a chance to **** up progress. I don't want to move backwards. I also love it how you seem to be the only one who knows exactly why millions of Americans voted for Trump.

Wait ok now I see it. Don't feel bad I don't quote well, either.I do have a clue about women's rights. Women are put through a lot and they deserve to complain. They take it too far, though. The bottom line is that if they do a good enough job they will be paid accordingly.And we've never seen Trump as president, so don't tell me that we've already seen it. It may be a disaster, but until then shut the **** up. I know that you're used to not knowing what you're talking about....so by all means continue. Your posts always bring a smile to my face.And yeah, I'm the only one. Great point. If only you could see me walk.
Christ, I tried every ****ing configuration of quote tags possible.Women take complaining too FAR? And every woman who is underpaid isn't doing a good enough job. I don't have to the time to go off about thatlittle bit of abject ignorance, so I'm just going to let that one lie here and laugh myself to sleep over it. Good. ****ing. GOD.Trumps been in office just DAYS and I already have major complaints about every ****ing thing he's done. Hope that brings a smile to your face.You're almost as interesting a piece of wrk as he is. ALMOST.

What the hell does abject mean? I don't speak Martian.

And whats so strange about women complaining? That's why we call them women.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.