Ready to fight for my belief in astrology

RamonAtila

If you want to make the argument that babies born at different times of the year develop differently then you will have my attention (though I will argue environment has a far larger impact). No need to call it astrology though.

The planets in our solar system are part of the environment. Duh

Local environment. The difference in gravity between our locations dwarfs the effect from any planatary body but the moon. Not to mention EM dose, air pollution, atmospheric pressure, so forth. How can you see the effects of planatary bodies on human behavior through all that? Assuming of course that they have any effect, and if they do how can anyone possibly make predictions without describing exactly how those affects occur? That is the problem with astrology.

Human behavior is based on local environment. Do things try to eat you? Will you die from exposure if you don't prepare for winter?

Local environment may dwarf the effects of the big planets but there is an effect nonetheless. You're even alluding to.how those effects are so subtle. You may develop a certain way based on what time of the year you were born, now couple that with the friction caused by planetary movement and there are effects. Subtle effects, like an uplifted spirit or a worsening depression. Your body has a special identity, and cosmic imprint, and the cosmos are an obstacle for the rest of your life. And how could there even be a local environment without there being an outer environment. Just the simple fact that the earth gets all its ingredients from outer space.

I completely agree that the gravitational affects from planetary bodies could have a minuscule effect on the physiology of humans. I seriously doubt that it has an affect on human behavior, certainly not in any way that can be predicted. That is what astrology is all about. You aren't showing me any predictive ability. You are spouting the mysticism you claim to reject.

Make some scientific argument about how Jupiter makes me want to kill you or admit that I wan't to kill you because of my environment. (I know I shouldn't have to put a disclaimer on this, but history teaches lessons. This is totally tongue in cheek, LOL, etc.)

I thought I explained the science with the page on gravitational waves.

Each person is born with a birth chart, the position of all.the planets in the sky at the time of their birth. Now as they go through life the planets move around, and it affects you in subtle and not so subtle and profound ways. Now just like the sun we wouldn't even be around if there weren't any planets. Their gravity holds our bodies together. Your date of death was written virtually the time.you were born and everything between ia up to you if you care. Now up.til recently I've gotten grilled on not having the scientific proof that planets send waves. And with the recent discovery of gravitational waves, well, now that proof exists! Why am I fighting for my belief is astrology? I dunno, I hate the.mystification of it. Astrologers could be very biased and give.misinformation, especially when they don't have your full birth chart and give sun sign predictions.putting everyone of a.sign under one umbrella.

I basically created this thread to say ha ha pavonis they discovered gravitational waves who's so.smart now

I thought I explained the science with the page on gravitational waves.

Each person is born with a birth chart, the position of all.the planets in the sky at the time of their birth. Now as they go through life the planets move around, and it affects you in subtle and not so subtle and profound ways. Now just like the sun we wouldn't even be around if there weren't any planets. Their gravity holds our bodies together. Your date of death was written virtually the time.you were born and everything between ia up to you if you care. Now up.til recently I've gotten grilled on not having the scientific proof that planets send waves. And with the recent discovery of gravitational waves, well, now that proof exists! Why am I fighting for my belief is astrology? I dunno, I hate the.mystification of it. Astrologers could be very biased and give.misinformation, especially when they don't have your full birth chart and give sun sign predictions.putting everyone of a.sign under one umbrella.

I basically created this thread to say ha ha pavonis they discovered gravitational waves who's so.smart now

Well...gravitational waves have long been predicted going back to Einstein. Gravitational waves were just recently detected.

How do gravitational waves impact your personality? What is the mechanism? There is a huge leap of logic between gravity exists and gravity determines your personality.

Just for fun I calculated the gravitational force between a person (100kg) standing 1m from a loaded semi truck of 30,000kg and I got .0002N I then calculated the gravitational force between a person (100 kg) standing the average distance (6.0x10^27m) from Jupiter (1.9x10^27kg) and got .0000364N.

That's right, being born next to a truck has more of an impact on your life than Jupiter.

Now just like the sun we wouldn't even be around if there weren't any planets. Their gravity holds our bodies together.

If that were true you'd be a puddle of goo. Luckily there are other forces. Forces so strong that the comparative weakness of gravity is one of the great mysteries of science.

Just for fun I calculated the gravitational force between a person (100kg) standing 1m from a loaded semi truck of 30,000kg and I got .0002N I then calculated the gravitational force between a person (100 kg) standing the average distance (6.0x10^27m) from Jupiter (1.9x10^27kg) and got .0000364N.

That's right, being born next to a truck has more of an impact on your life than Jupiter.

Right. A truck.will.flatten you in seconds. No arguments there.

So, does Pluto not affect me any more, since it's now an un-planet? What about Makemake or Sedna? The International Space Station?

No no Pluto still counts. So do comets.

Now just like the sun we wouldn't even be around if there weren't any planets. Their gravity holds our bodies together.

If that were true you'd be a puddle of goo. Luckily there are other forces. Forces so strong that the comparative weakness of gravity is one of the great mysteries of science.

A truck has more impact than a planet to a planet would make me a pile of goo. Make up your minds.

No, he is saying that gravity is a very weak force compared to those forces that actually do hold our bodies, and everything else, together, specifically the strong and weak nuclear forces and the electromagnetic force. If it weren't for them, and if gravitational pulls of far distant celestial bodies had any sizable effect on us, as you believe, we would all be puddles of goo.

If you want to make the argument that babies born at different times of the year develop differently then you will have my attention (though I will argue environment has a far larger impact). No need to call it astrology though.

The planets in our solar system are part of the environment. Duh

Is that like in the way that light from Proxima Centauri must travel a little over 4 light years to reach us type of impact? I mean we can see the Milky Way in the sky.

No, he is saying that gravity is a very weak force compared to those forces that actually do hold our bodies, and everything else, together, specifically the strong and weak nuclear forces and the electromagnetic force. If it weren't for them, and if gravitational pulls of far distant celestial bodies had any sizable effect on us, as you believe, we would all be puddles of goo.

We would actually be a bunch of sub-sub- atomic particles in a singularity without interacting. But that doesn't rhyme.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.