Class

CoLA

So I just checked out the first episode of this Doctor Who spinoff. Yes, another DW spinoff is on the air! I only just found out about it after reading about the Christmas special and they mentioned it in the article.

It was better than I thought it would be. Despite it taking place in a school, it feels more like it's aiming at the Torchlight crowd than the Sarah Jane ones. The show is a bit darker than DW, with a few surprisingly violent scenes (impalement of one character and another getting their leg lopped off). Not sure if the rest of the series will follow this tone but judging by the previews, I'd say it does.

And of course, there is a cameo from a legendary individual known throughout time and space!

• 3 weeks later...

So I guess no one else watched? I'm up to episode 5, it's pretty cheesy and none of the characters are very likeable. Miss Quill is, in a bitchy kind of way? I was cringing a bit on the acting for the last couple episodes, that and the battle scenes with the Shadowkin were really eeesh.

I also had to laugh at people getting killed by flower petals! Good show for the cringiness of it all, I suppose.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.