Logan

CoLA

I think it looks great-- I'm just trying to figure out what timeline this is...

It's clearly past the dark DOFP future, and it would be a bummer if the fixed present/future from the end of DOFP turns to poop as well.

Also, I just realized that we never saw onscreen or got a clear explanation for how Xavier came back to life after 3, (aside from the post credit scene that told us he transferred his mind to a coma patient).

Like all X-Men movies post 3, this will be a rental at best. And, really, probably free before I'll see it. Although I still haven't seen a whole Wolverine standalone, but I did play the game for the first movie, which seemed to be the exact same thing.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I think it looks great-- I'm just trying to figure out what timeline this is...

It's clearly past the dark DOFP future, and it would be a bummer if the fixed present/future from the end of DOFP turns to poop as well.

Also, I just realized that we never saw onscreen or got a clear explanation for how Xavier came back to life after 3, (aside from the post credit scene that told us he transferred his mind to a coma patient).

I like it too. Old Man Logan-ish. And you know I think the girl, Laura, is going to end up being X-23/Nu-Wolverine.

It has been said this is Jackman's last film as Wolvie, so it would not surprise me if this is yet another timeline. Maybe Wolverine gets killed off or erased, with Laura being sent back in time, becoming the new Wolverine. In some ways, I'd actually prefer it because recasting Logan would be difficult to do. Jackman's Wolvernine is a hard act to follow.

Like all X-Men movies post 3, this will be a rental at best. And, really, probably free before I'll see it. Although I still haven't seen a whole Wolverine standalone, but I did play the game for the first movie, which seemed to be the exact same thing.

I agree, except for Xmen First Class. I actually wish I had seen that one in the theater. If Logan has a good buzz, I will actually go to the theater to see it.

Same reason Jean and Scott were alive at the end of DOFP, timey wimey shenanigans!

I mean yeah, he was alive before they changed the timeline but uhmm...I'll go with it was a cloned body!

I'm mildly optimistic for this movie myself.

And paralyzed again to boot. But then Xavier always seems to find a way to lose his legs again no matter how many times he's cured of paralysis or gets a new body. But then the X-Men movies hardly even pretend to follow continuity anymore. Between outright duplicate characters that have no resemblance to their previous versions, characters in the original trilogy not acting like their previous histories (Mystique being the most blatant) and the fountain of youth everyone got thanks to The First Class originally being a reboot and then turning out to be a prequel, the timeline is complete hash.

My favorite mess-ups are:

1. Wolverine getting back his adamantium claws he lost in The Wolverine with absolutely no explanation and really no purpose.

2. Mystique posing as Stryker at the end of Days of Future Past when Wolverine is taken, but then we find out that Stryker himself got Wolverine and took him to the Weapon X program.

3. The whole "mutant cure" thing that was the crux of The Last Stand? Yeah, Beast only created a cure to suppress mutant abilities (and cure paralysis for reasons) like 30 years earlier.

I mentioned it before, but I'd like for the next Deadpool movie to just go ahead and be a teamup with Cable in which they go ahead and jump between all these weird contradictions and either fix the timeline or to take credit for it all being messed up in the first place and let the final battle be between Origins: Wolverine's Deadpool and the real Deadpool.

Maybe that's where these Deadpool in Logan rumors come from? Maybe it's not a end-credit scene, but Ryan Reynolds was on the set just to film some scenes for the new Deadpool while they had everyone there. Two different movies, and Deadpool, in his new movie, can bring X-23 back to the past and set her up as the new Wolverine.

Everyone happy with that?

I mentioned it before, but I'd like for the next Deadpool movie to just go ahead and be a teamup with Cable in which the go ahead and jump between all these weird contradictions and either fix the timeline or to take credit for it all being messed up in the first place and let the final battle be between Origins: Wolverine's Deadpool and the real Deadpool.

Maybe that's where these Deadpool in Logan rumors come from? Maybe it's not a end-credit scene, but Ryan Reynolds was on the set just to film some scenes for the new Deadpool while they had everyone there. Two different movies, and Deadpool, in his new movie, can bring X-23 back to the past and set her up as the new Wolverine.

Everyone happy with that?

I'm sold! Especially if we get a bonus of deadpool masquerading as one of the X-Men in the past using a holoprojecter like when they gumped him into an issue of Spider-Man!

sGtoyPq.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The second 'Hurt' kicked in I was like, nope. That and the fact that it looks like Terminator Salvation which is also a nope. Honestly it looks fine, I think I'm just burnt out with the X-Men movies. For me they've kind of turned into these joyless affairs, and the overall storyline of the characters feels like it's slowly circling the drain.

Jackman seemed to confirm that this film is going to take place in a whole other continuity. Oh, and the film's rated R. Here's the trailer:

Guess they're letting her go all full-Wolverine. The first trailer made it look like he was protecting her, but she obviously doesn't require much protection.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This movie is soooo good. I'm going on record saying this is the best X-Men related film Fox has put out yet. Jackman and Stewart both really went all out for this one and X-23 was excellent! The actress played her so well.

I would've liked to have known a bit more details about

the Westchester Incident, if I remember right, they said 6 of the X-Men died during it. I guess that would mean all the main members we've seen in the movies. And I'll admit to getting teared up when Logan died, "So this is what it feels like..."

I urge everyone to go out and see it, it is seriously very good. Oh, and don't bring kids, it's super violent!

Well, a few thoughts.

1. It was refreshing that this movie decided to do its own thing. Fox is making some smart decisions by branching out the tone of their characters. This one looking like it wanted to be a throwback to the 70s.

2. Man, did this one really wanted to earn that R rating (maybe more than Deadpool). Someone want to count up those F-bombs? Plus random boobs because they could I guess. Ah well, Patrick Stewart cursing is always a good time. I appreciate that they made the violence horrible though. By the end of it Wolverine is just messed up.

3. I thought it was a bit funny how Charles keeps trying to get them to spend the night at the farm and Logan's all like, "I know that if we stay, I'm going to get Eriq La Salle's family brutally murdered, but if I take the wheelchair-bound man and just leave, that would be impolite."

I'm telling ya, social conventions are insanely entangling.

4. Is it worth universally acclaim? Probably not. There wasn't much new here (and c'mon, showing Shane?), but it was all generally well done and there weren't any moments I recall rolling my eyes despite how bloody unrelenting it was in being a downer. Well, maybe the super magical healing factor in a jar that works until the script says he Wolverine shouldn't be bulletproof anymore. That and the kids not just turning around and kicking the apparently expendable soldiers' asses.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.