Carrie Fisher in Critical Condition

Stevil

I hope this isn't an inappropriate time to bring this up, but people like me are very fortunate that the sequel movies do not matter to us, especially in times like this. Our version of Leia lived a long, satisfying life. I hope that we can campaign for next year's Black Series action figure to be Jedi Leia. (We've already successfully made Darth Revan and Jaina Solo winners last year and this year. I just picked up my Revan two weeks ago!)

I hope this isn't an inappropriate time to bring this up, but people like me are very fortunate that the sequel movies do not matter to us, especially in times like this. Our version of Leia lived a long, satisfying life. I hope that we can campaign for next year's Black Series action figure to be Jedi Leia. (We've already successfully made Darth Revan and Jaina Solo winners last year and this year. I just picked up my Revan two weeks ago!)

Lol what the entire fuck

. . . Okay, maybe that was a little off the beaten path.

You know, random paths through the woods are actually really fun to explore. You never know what you might find. I once found a log, which I then picked up and found a twig underneath. I was like, "Aww, the log had a baby!"

See? The there I go again. It's easy for me to lose focus.

• 2 weeks later...

I came into the thread when she was in ICU, but I've been sick again so I haven't had the energy to do anything. Some celebrity deaths you don't care about, some you do and others feel like a close friend died. I think the one thing that united this community since 1999 is our insatiable love for all things OT. We branched out to probably a hundred different specialty forums by now, ranging from Sports, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Politics (I'm scared to go in there now - the place must be crazy these days) and the greatest forum of all time: The Arena. :rock: But again, the common thread was Star Wars. I was praying she would recover but it was just her time and I'm very, very sad - especially how things have turned around for her in the past 4-5 years! Very sad.

Derek (Stool) and I worship Ben Folds and he has this song called "The Luckiest." If you're not familiar, it's a sweet-but-sad love ballad and I highly recommend putting it into YouTube and give it a listen. Anyway, the last verse in the song tells the story of an old married couple and when the husband died, the wife died shortly after, pretty much lost the will to live (But not that stupid crap like Padme :p ). Here are the lyrics to the verse:

Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties and one day
Passed away in his sleep.
And his wife, she stayed for a couple of days and passed away.
I'm sorry I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know... we belong.

The reason this song comes to mind is the passing of Debbie Reynolds, just ONE DAY LATER after Carrie. You read about these things happening all the time so there HAS to be something to it, right? It happened in my family recently. Besides the obvious assumption that it makes me sad, it also makes me think. Each day I go back and forth about the existence of God, heaven & hell, creation vs evolution and mainly what makes us US - and I can't imagine I'm alone here. Mostly purpose of life type thoughts and is there a metaphysical being to us or more simply: Is the concept of having a soul real or not? Is it possible that Debbie's body couldn't handle the stress (autopsy revealed a busted vessel in the brain was CoD) or... did the body just physically manifest the feeling that part of her soul was now dead? I don't know but that's all I've been thinking about since Dec 28th and frustrated that there's not a damn way for me to get concrete answers.

Anyway - great to see familiar faces avatars again even though the circumstances are sad. Hope you're all doing well, guys.

Thanks for that lovely post, Rock. I can help with some of those theological questions, if you'd like. In my opinion, the whole "creation-versus-evolution" argument is a non-issue, and the Church Fathers are great at explaining the nature of Heaven and Hell (it's basically not the mythological setting that you might imagine). Message me if you're interested.

I don't think I ever blew up, but maybe I did. And I didn't mandate any change, anyone can do it at any time. But I'm still going to say that it is bad taste.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.