Carrie Fisher in Critical Condition

Stevil

I'll just start out with the assumption that she'll pull through:

Episode 8 has already been shot. Worst-case scenario is that she's not available for re-shoots, which I don't imagine she's in all that many scenes that would require it.

She'll have over a year to recover before Episode 9 and the writers will have plenty of time to minimize her role if they need to. That's assuming that Leia herself is going to make it through Episode VIII.

I think it's a good chance that both Luke and Leia die in ep 8 simply because if Hamil and Fisher die in real life it'll totally fuck up ep 9. CGI can only get you so far. If they are in ep 9 I wouldn't be surprised if they've already filmed those scenes.

Well, my birthday is ruined now (yes, today is my birthday - I am thirty-three).

This may come as a shock to all of you since it is well known that I am a staunch EU fan and have no interest in the new, alternate universe that Disney is building, but after reading an article from an EU chronologist whom I very much respect (I can't post the URL; not sure if it's Nightly or my work computer blocking it) wherein he said that Rogue One fits within the EU perfectly and can be a part of both universes. With that said, while I was avoiding it up till now, I just might be seeing Rogue One! This would be the perfect time to do so in memory of our beloved Carrie. Also, I have been promising a blog video for my friends for a year now, and now it looks like the content I had planned for that video will be taking an unexpected turn. I might post it here, if you all are interested.

As we say in the Orthodox Church, may her memory be eternal.

This sucks. The actress that starred in the movie that started my love for movies back in 1977, and has made me a kid again with all of the prequels and sequels. I thought that she was getting better.

I'm an ***hole, though. I immediately thought of how this would affect IX.

Sorry, Carrie. R.I.P.

You're not an asshole. I was wondering myself how they are going to properly send off her character.

Well, my birthday is ruined now (yes, today is my birthday - I am thirty-three).

This may come as a shock to all of you since it is well known that I am a staunch EU fan and have no interest in the new, alternate universe that Disney is building, but after reading an article from an EU chronologist whom I very much respect (I can't post the URL; not sure if it's Nightly or my work computer blocking it) wherein he said that Rogue One fits within the EU perfectly and can be a part of both universes. With that said, while I was avoiding it up till now, I just might be seeing Rogue One! This would be the perfect time to do so in memory of our beloved Carrie. Also, I have been promising a blog video for my friends for a year now, and now it looks like the content I had planned for that video will be taking an unexpected turn. I might post it here, if you all are interested.

As we say in the Orthodox Church, may her memory be eternal.

...not just her memory for those left behind.

I could let my mind go back to her profession--when I first watched her on the big screen in 1977...seeing her image all over endless bits of merchandise I bought...but that's not all Carrie Fisher was--just a very small part. If anything, I can only think of her mother, because I can tell you from experience, the darkest fear for every parent is the idea of your child passing on before you. A smothering thought, and constant blow when it happens.

So I do pray her mother will one day find some way to feel peace.

I thought that she was getting better.

I didn't want to say anything pessimistic earlier, but if you were reading between the lines, the news was not good at all even though she was "stable". We had news over the last couple of days that she was on a ventilator. Her original problem was her heart, not lungs. If she wasn't breathing on her own days later, that's brain damage territory.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we find out in the coming days that the family made the decision to take her off the ventilator and let her pass.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I thought that she was getting better.

I didn't want to say anything pessimistic earlier, but if you were reading between the lines, the news was not good at all even though she was "stable". We had news over the last couple of days that she was on a ventilator. Her original problem was her heart, not lungs. If she wasn't breathing on her own days later, that's brain damage territory.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we find out in the coming days that the family made the decision to take her off the ventilator and let her pass.

Yeah, I had similar thoughts, actually. Stable just means that someone isn't getting "relatively" worse. You can be in a vegetative state, and be considered stable. Very sad, considering 60 really isn't that old anymore.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.