Holiday plans!

monkeygirl

Huge Polish communities in those cities. I didn't realize how unique it was until I left. My dad had to always have someone on staff who spoke fluent Polish and they drove him nuts because they would always try to barter or bargain. Like, can you examine my eyes for a nice home-cooked meal? These glasses are too expensive, I pay you $20 less. My parents grew up in a small Czech farming community in Nebraska, apparently no one tried anything like that there.

Overhead lights don't bother me, but I think they went a little overboard in our house. Our table lamps are completely superfluous, I mostly keep them so we can put them on timers when we leave town.

I don't mind overhead lighting but it has to be done right. NO old flourescents and if harsh, they need to be dimmable.

Lighting is a HUGE deal to me. I'm way pickier than most humans. I prefer incandescent but I'm getting used to the new halogen.

I had some small halogen spots in my old house, in my art studio and they were awesome. Clean rays, hardly any color,

dimmable without getting that horrid buzzing. EXPENSIVE but almost worth it. I prefer candle light and have over 50 holders in my apartment but I don't

use them as much as I'd like to-given my dope smoking schedule. I don't want to start a fire.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.