The I've Seen Rogue One Thread (spoilers OBV)

captainbleh

As Driver mentioned, I think most of us who were kids during the OT days got the names of all this stuff from the actual toys. In ESB they call them "Imperial Walkers" but I always referred to them as AT-AT because of the toy. The AT-ST was never even mentioned by any name in the OT, but the toy was called Scout Walker. Same with the troopers. The toy called them Biker Scouts so to this day that's the name stuck in my head even though now they're referred to as "scout troopers."

The toys are what gave everything names back then. All the characters in Jabba's palace. All the Ewoks. The word "Ewok" is never once spoken on screen yet it's a household word.

True, it's just that when I look back I can't recall anything from those series. But names like Ugnaughts, 8D8, Klaatu and Weequay are as familiar to me as Luke Skywalker thanks to a Kenner toy line. (Imagine my amazement as I grew up years after ROTJ and watched older films like The Day the Earth Stood Still and heard the words Klaatu barada nikto.)

There must be a time traveler involved in that incident. How else could the names of Jabba's hench-aliens have been used in the 1950s?

How much input did the Kenner company have in the naming of these toys? Or did GL himself issue the names?

I vaguely remember the Kenner toyline tried to expand beyond the movies after 1983, but nothing came of it.

There must be a time traveler involved in that incident. How else could the names of Jabba's hench-aliens have been used in the 1950s?

Did you forget Star Wars takes place a long time ago? It's not time travel, it's galactic history. The "Space Man" from The Day the Earth Stood Still using these names just further validates this theory:

https://filmschoolrejects.com/fan-theory-et-jedi-e04e535ef3b9/#.svtrk3t99

Guest El Chalupacabra

Tarkin said Princess LEE-UH.

Lando said HAN like it's spelled instead of HAWN like everyone else.

When in doubt, go with Lando. He's pretty much right on everything. Except Bespin. But even then, when you think about it, he was right on that, too.

giphy.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.