The I've Seen Rogue One Thread (spoilers OBV)

captainbleh

Actually, I always thought that gave it a touch of realism to give them similar names. Like how many cities on Earth end in -burg/-burgh or -town/-ton etc.

I think it's a harder decision to make as a writer than to give every planet a distinct name.

Actually, I always thought that gave it a touch of realism to give them similar names. Like how many cities on Earth end in -burg/-burgh or -town/-ton etc.

I think it's a harder decision to make as a writer than to give every planet a distinct name.

Or like Iran and Iraq, or all those countries that end in "-stan." I suppose as adults we can enjoy that touch of realism, but as kids sometimes it made things a little confusing.

In ESB when Han and Leia are searching locations where they can go repair the Falcon, Leia says, "the Anoat system, there's not much there." For the longest time I thought she was saying "I know that system..."

It's "at-at". It's not as if NASA is "en-ay-ess-ay". Acronyms that spell words should be pronounced as those words! Otherwise why name it the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division, just to call it "ess-aitch-eye-ee-ell-dee"? :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.