The I've Seen Rogue One Thread (spoilers OBV)

captainbleh

I say this as the guy who is hated for taking off Leatherface's mask, but sometimes when you go into every tiny bit of details of something you utterly destroy any sense of wonder, originality, or mystery.

I agree with this 100%, that post by Zerimar made my head hurt.

Obi-wan just couldn't find his favorite moisturizer in Anchorhead's Wal-mart.

Alternatively, Organa spent a great deal of time at high relativistic velocities while meeting with traitorous scum scattered across the galaxy, thereby aging more slowly.

Jimmy is also chubby and Alec was very thin. This has big effect on how an aged face looks, regardless of medical or cosmetic work. That combined with modern advances and the IRL answer is people are generally looking younger longer now.

Fictionally the explanation is easily left at just Bail lived in palace and Obi-Wan lived in a desert. A caveat could be added that Obi-Wan felt more responsible for events, while Bail was just working against what was happening.

That said, Rogue One was great. Also... hello, everybody.

There's also the fact Ewan doesn't age

He has definitely aged. The difference between him in trainspoting and trainspoting 2 is huge. But he is ageing very gracefully to be sure.

Sure-- but he's in that Johnny Depp camp where they age, but you have to put up a comparison pic to see it. AND they aren't aging like total crap.

Either way, Ewan can still play Obi-Wan.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.