Nightly Time Capsule 2016

Cerina

Ok, let's do this again!!

My goal for this year are in several categories. So this might be long.

House - So many half-done projects around here!! Finish decluttering and KEEP IT DECLUTTERED!! Finish painting Noah's room. Paint Luke's room. FInish bathroom remodel. Start or at least have a plan to remodel either the master bath or kitchen.

Business - I've got to start believing more in this business. It's going well for being only 8 months old. Here's hoping that 2017 brings more clients and more opportunity. But we still have some administrative work to do. Develop something remotely resembling a business plan. Keep better track of clients and potential clients. Begin a more rigorous marketing campaign.

Children - Keep on keeping on. Noah's been doing very well with the classical curriculum. Let's hope the addition of Latin and everything else goes as well. We're taking a semester off of co-op. During that time I'm hoping we can rest a bit and develop really good plans for future co-op classes. I also want to continue to make a more Montessori-ish space for Luke in his room, the homeschool room, and the living room.

Health - Find a way to go to a doctor and a dentist and a psychiatrist. And I've GOT to get back in some semblance of shape. And I should do something about this diastasis recti and the stress.

And let's try to find a way to not kill or divorce the husband this year. Maybe more prayer is in order. Or separate bedrooms and mealtimes. Or loudspeaker system in the house. I dunno.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear self,

2016 sucked. 2017 should be better, right? Knock it out of the park this first week and get a job. Keep keeping the weight off, be an active dad, and at least show your game to some publishers. Be creative, be inventive, do more than you ever thought you could and push the boundaries. Do well in school. Love your wife the way she deserves. Dance with your kids and laugh.

Do something amazing in 2017. Make this the year of Brandon.

And stop being such a curmudgeon.

Just me this year, huh?

I like to wait.

My goal is to re-learn how to math. I'm thinking about applying for a Master's program, but they think I need math for some reason on the GRE and, other than some Statistics courses, the last real math course I took was Algebra For College Students back when I was 16. So I need to get my old textbook out and basically re-teach myself from scratch.

Oh yeah, and after that, totally get into that program.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My goal is to re-learn how to math. I'm thinking about applying for a Master's program, but they think I need math for some reason on the GRE and, other than some Statistics courses, the last real math course I took was Algebra For College Students back when I was 16. So I need to get my old textbook out and basically re-teach myself from scratch.

Oh yeah, and after that, totally get into that program.

Besides what Cerese mentioned about the Kahn Academy you can find a lot of brush up stuff in the library. I had to brush up on calculus and trigonometry. They are part of the test but weighted differently so if you miss a few you are still okay.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.