Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Looking for chilling, haunting opera music from the public domain

3 replies to this topic

RamonAtila

RamonAtila

• Members
  • 885 posts

Hey folks! Anyone listen to opera? Im making a short film and I was wondering if anybody knows some old public domain song I can use. Its a tragedy about vampires so Im looking for something haunting and chilling. Any help?

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,197 posts

Not to throw a spanner in your works but most recordings of old songs will still retain a copyright (Im thinking specifically of modern recordings of old opera songs/standards). The songs themselves might be free domain but the recordings of those songs will probably be still owned by a company and need a publishing or licensing agreement. I have no idea about old pre-50's original recordings of Opera music. Might just be worth paying a publishing fee. 

CoLA

CoLA

Zero Calories

• Members
  • 641 posts

Maybe here? I found a bunch of good ones on that site. Says you can use the music as long as you give credit.

http://incompetech.c...free/music.html

RamonAtila

RamonAtila

• Members
  • 885 posts
Thanks!

Reply to this topic