Shameless Self Promotion

At the day job: two raises and a promotion this year.

At the part-time not-exactly-paying fun-time hobby-job: going on 4½ years now, 1400 entries and counting, still getting just enough virtual hamster pellets to feed my self-esteem and keep doing what I'm doing while devaluing the writing market for all those internet users who dream of making a living at it. Having an entry go kindasorta mini-viral last spring among a particular fan base was pretty gratifying, even though it was for deeply irritated reasons.

Meanwhile, my son is now in his senior year of college and I am older than ever.

Keep it up. I think I have read close to 1,000 of those entries. I wish you had a random article function on the webpage.

My son just turned one month. I know that this is totally 0% my doing, but he is quite the content and curious little boy. He cries, but once he gets what he wants (which right now is only to be fed) he immediately calms down. He was laying on my chest today and we both ripped ass at the same. It was magical.

post-43608-0-60881000-1477984240_thumb.jpg

post-43608-0-21998500-1477984307_thumb.jpg Me, my mom, and son.

post-43608-0-08594000-1477984889_thumb.jpg He has his own crack security detail that are stationed outside of his room 24/7.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep it up. I think I have read close to 1,000 of those entries. I wish you had a random article function on the webpage.

I installed that very thing earlier this year. It's one of the widgets in the sidebar on the right, an image some Nightly folks might recall, containing a link like so:

https://midlifecrisiscrossover.com/?random

My son just turned one month. I know that this is totally 0% my doing, but he is quite the content and curious little boy. He cries, but once he gets what he wants (which right now is only to be fed) he immediately calms down. He was laying on my chest today and we both ripped ass at the same. It was magical.

attachicon.gifB1.jpg

AWWWWWWWW. :heart:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, may be the geekiest thing I've done yet, but I recently created a card game. If you're into board games, you might have heard of Dominion, or other deck building games. Its based on that, only designed to be picked up and played by a more mainstream audience. The theme is that you're trying to build a bar, and have the most "Customer Points" at the end of the game.

Starting to look for publishers seeking submissions now. I've had it play tested quite a bit, and I think that I'm ready to actually start submitting.

IMG_0706.JPG

Brando, you're doing so much more awesome stuff not working for soul-sucking insurance companies.

I have nearly completed scheduling out an entire semester's worth of lesson plans for Noah. This time we're using actual pre-written curricula so you'd think it'd be easier, but no. Nope. Not at all. We're covering subjects in damn near every level from 1st to 6th grade~ish. So yay me!

And this is my life now.

You creative and intelligent and capable and driven people astound me. I'm impressed with myself if I can go a whole day without spilling my water on myself.

I don't know that I fit that description but I finally have time to do the things I want to do. And to balance it, I walked around with baby poop on my hand for like thirty minutes yesterday.

I want to revisit the script I wrote a few years ago, and I started designing a game that is an adult version of Clue, more or less.

Thanks! That really means a lot. One of my proudest accomplishments was completing it and getting it registered with the WGA. And having a real screenwriting tell me it was good beats all of that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.