Lucas1138

• 3 weeks later...

I've gotten that vibe a couple of times this season. I will keep the faith for now though.

Sunday night's episode was largely disappointing. I couldn't care less about the Dolores storyline this year (because like in LOST, they've witheld the critical information of what she's going toward so you can't properly judge the stakes).

At this point I'm more interested in the "historical" storylines (Delos, Young William etc.)

It does look like next week will be a big one though.

Definitely getting Lost vibes but I think this will end being a lot more focused and won't leave everything so open ended with each season finale. I'm expecting most of the bigger questions to be answered by the end of the season. I'm getting more of the Post-season 4 Lost feeling from it where the creators had an end date and were able to move the story towards particular story beats.

The 4th episode was amazing and while the 5th wasn't as great, was still a very strong episode. Not as keen as the Dolores plot but I'm f**king loving the Mauve one.

Episode 5 sucked.

If I have to sit through another scene of earnest, emotional melodrama in the form of long "heart-wrenching" ( I assume that's what they were going for) dialogue I'm gonna throw my computer out the window. Cause it's BOOOOOOOORING.

For me, I don't think you can judge a Westworld season until its over. Case in point, I HATED the Maeve storyline in season 1. I thought it was ridiculous she was getting away with all she was right under Ford's nose. The finale resolved all that in a satisfying way and now her arc is one of my S1 faves.

That's a fair point. It was just the Dolores Teddy scenes that were getting to me. I don't mind a little talk about feelings, but it was like every conversation they had was discussing some memory or how they felt and it was overcooked for my liking. It felt like an episode of party of five or something.

I love the trans-humanism and philosophical musings though.

I've really been loving this season but was honestly not too engaged in the most recent one. I feel like it is one that as a stand alone, week by week episode suffers a lot, where as it would flow better if watching them all in one go. The Dolores story is getting better though, but I'm more interested in the Maeve and Bernie stories at the moment. The twist at the end was nice, even though we were probably all expecting it sooner or later.

That Dolores/Bernarnold conversation is actually Ford testing for fidelity to see if he can successfully turn Bernard back into Arnold. That's my thought.

I'm also very pro the idea that Bernard waking up on the beach is the Delos people running him through a loop trying to get him to reveal the data he (accidentally?) took from Abernathy.

Don't know if it was just having Anthony Hopkins back but the most recent episode was pretty amazing. Love this show. Answers heaps of questions....and raises more. These feel the kind of revelations we would have gotten in the final series of similar shows.

Episode 9 maintained the quality I thought - what they've done with MIB wasn't where I expected them to take it. I wasn't huge on the Delores and Teddy stuff this season but had a nice payoff last night, looking forward to see what they do with it all next week (preview was good too)

Yeah I was admittedly pretty bored by it all when it was on screen but as you said earlier, the Maeve stuff in S1 wasn't all that exciting either until the last few episodes, so had faith it would work out in the end. Though that said, unlike the Maeve stuff I don't think it'll make it anymore exciting on a re-watch.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.