Broken Matt Hardy

Tex

Anybody else digging his broken brilliance? Ever since his incident he's been the best thing in all of wrestling. I never thought that Matt Hardy would ever be this entertaining and I certainly didnt think it would happen in TNA.

Take that, Meekmahan.

Yeah it sucks that it's probably going to die horribly, but I love the fact that a guy can still get over on his own doing his own thing without any micromanagement from up top. That's what made wrestling great to begin with and it's what its sorely missing now.

My fear is that he'll wind up in WWE and Vince will just piss on the gimmick just because he didnt come up with it himself.

I get what you're worried about with Vince, there's countless examples of that happening. But look, AJ Styles is the WWE Champion--not some brand new world title, the championship creates for Buddy Rogers. And Samoa joe, Austin Aries, Bobby roode etc are all doing great in NXT using their original gimmicks, not something new foisted about them. So maybe not?

As for TNA's fate, it seems they're in the verge of a sale, with Vince and Billy Corgan the top two contenders, though I read it's someone else entirely finding Bound for Glory today.

As for TNA's fate, it seems they're in the verge of a sale, with Vince and Billy Corgan the top two contenders

The Smashing Pumpkins guy?

Anyway, I'm just impressed that either of the Hardys are still active at all with the insane bumps they've taken. I remember in the early-00s thinking that we should appreciate these guys, because there's no way they could last.

I get what you're worried about with Vince, there's countless examples of that happening. But look, AJ Styles is the WWE Champion--not some brand new world title, the championship creates for Buddy Rogers. And Samoa joe, Austin Aries, Bobby roode etc are all doing great in NXT using their original gimmicks, not something new foisted about them. So maybe not?

As for TNA's fate, it seems they're in the verge of a sale, with Vince and Billy Corgan the top two contenders, though I read it's someone else entirely finding Bound for Glory today.

They really have done a good job with AJ and the gang. Still cant believe that Owens is the champ, but at the same time he only is because they felt the need to get HHH over.

As for Matt I really don't care if he wins or not, I just don't want them to shit on his character, and I can totally see them doing that out of pure spite.

If they persist on three hour Raws just imagine how much better it would be with Broken Matt giving a 20 minute monologue than HHH/Cena/ Roman/whatever.

Nice Buddy Rogers mention, btw. Every heel you've ever seen is a direct descendant.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.