Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Broken Matt Hardy

13 replies to this topic

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
Anybody else digging his broken brilliance? Ever since his incident he's been the best thing in all of wrestling. I never thought that Matt Hardy would ever be this entertaining and I certainly didnt think it would happen in TNA.

Take that, Meekmahan.

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
Is there any other profession that makes as many broken crazies as pro wrestling?

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
They're number two. Sreenplay writers are number one.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,510 posts
It's weird as ****, that's all I know. Creative as hell but really ****in weird.

But since TNA isn't likely to exist in a weeks time, might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,795 posts

Are they that close to going under?

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
Yeah it sucks that it's probably going to die horribly, but I love the fact that a guy can still get over on his own doing his own thing without any micromanagement from up top. That's what made wrestling great to begin with and it's what its sorely missing now.

My fear is that he'll wind up in WWE and Vince will just piss on the gimmick just because he didnt come up with it himself.

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts

Are they that close to going under?

Yeah but it seems they've always been that way. If they do it'll be sad because they finally have something to build on.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,510 posts
I get what you're worried about with Vince, there's countless examples of that happening. But look, AJ Styles is the WWE Champion--not some brand new world title, the championship creates for Buddy Rogers. And Samoa joe, Austin Aries, Bobby roode etc are all doing great in NXT using their original gimmicks, not something new foisted about them. So maybe not?

As for TNA's fate, it seems they're in the verge of a sale, with Vince and Billy Corgan the top two contenders, though I read it's someone else entirely finding Bound for Glory today.

Poe Dameron

Poe Dameron

• 2,485 posts
As for TNA's fate, it seems they're in the verge of a sale, with Vince and Billy Corgan the top two contenders

The Smashing Pumpkins guy?

Anyway, I'm just impressed that either of the Hardys are still active at all with the insane bumps they've taken.  I remember in the early-00s thinking that we should appreciate these guys, because there's no way they could last.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,510 posts
Yeah, he's officially TNA's president and head of creative. Guy is a life long wrestling fan and actually seems to have an idea of what he's doing, unlike Dixie carter.

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts

I get what you're worried about with Vince, there's countless examples of that happening. But look, AJ Styles is the WWE Champion--not some brand new world title, the championship creates for Buddy Rogers. And Samoa joe, Austin Aries, Bobby roode etc are all doing great in NXT using their original gimmicks, not something new foisted about them. So maybe not?
As for TNA's fate, it seems they're in the verge of a sale, with Vince and Billy Corgan the top two contenders, though I read it's someone else entirely finding Bound for Glory today.

They really have done a good job with AJ and the gang. Still cant believe that Owens is the champ, but at the same time he only is because they felt the need to get HHH over.

As for Matt I really don't care if he wins or not, I just don't want them to **** on his character, and I can totally see them doing that out of pure spite.

If they persist on three hour Raws just imagine how much better it would be with Broken Matt giving a 20 minute monologue than HHH/Cena/ Roman/whatever.

Nice Buddy Rogers mention, btw. Every heel you've ever seen is a direct descendant.

Nomaa Jedi Piarra

Nomaa Jedi Piarra

Easy as 1 - 2 - 3

• Members
  • 6,022 posts

Rumor has it that the Broken gimmick is going to be happening soon.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,239 posts

Nothing to contribute here, just wanted to say hey to NJP! Hope you're well! 

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,147 posts

Woken Matt Hardy debuted last night.  Just FYI.

Reply to this topic