Luke Cage!

CoLA

The music is great! I just watched eps 5 and 6 last night, trying to get through it quick as I can. Loved how

Luke had his classic look after escaping from prison in the flashback one!

Anyone else think Cottonmouth's laugh is awesome?

I'm up to episode 10! I was kinda bummed that they

killed off Cottonmouth

Does this take place after the CW movie? If so, it seems weird that a bulletproof guy is out there walking around and there hasn't been any mention from anyone about the Sokovia Accords.

I'm a little mixed on it. I think it's a little pedantic at times, predictable, and a little ham-fisted-- but the cast is so great it makes it okay. Only 4 in and having fun.

Yeah, I get this too. I'm watching because it's fun but the hoody - trayvon martin thing is very ham fisted. The best character they've drawn is basketball star cop. Her partner was telegraphing a future plot point to me. Won't say much because of spoilers but the best parts are still keeping me interested like the music and set dressing as I love NYC.

I think it's set the same time as Daredevil season 2, so no Sokovia yet. But yeah I agree with why you were bummed out

I think it's set the same time as Daredevil season 2, so no Sokovia yet. But yeah I agree with why you were bummed out

The other reason I'm bummed about that is not only because

I liked the character and thought he was just getting interesting

but because I don't like

Diamondback that much, plus I think the half-brother thing is kinda cheesy

• 4 weeks later...

Finally finished today. After Cottonmouth's arc ended, my interest level went waaaaay down, especially the part where episode 11 ran on about six hours too long, or maybe just felt that way.

Diamondback would've been right at home fighting Lou Ferrigno's Hulk. That's not a compliment. The rest of the surviving cast I'd happily watch again, even the ones who weren't in The Wire, on the condition that they hire some editors willing to make tough calls, trim the padding that they're mistaking for texture, and stop making Harlem feel as lethargic as Herschel's farm.

On the upside, Jidenna's "Long Live the Chief" is now my favorite tune of 2016.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone explain why Luke and Diamondback aren't THAT old, and why Cottonmouth and Moriah's flashbacks were basically 80's accurate, but when they flash back to Luke's dad's church it's straight-up 60's?

I think this is my favorite Defenders series so far. Yeah, there were some parts that dragged a bit, but both Daredevils and Jessica Jones had way more parts that dragged a bit.

Why haven't they come out with an album of the Harlem Paradise musical acts yet?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.