October Meltdown

Marc DuQuesne

The people "in the know" are already preparing us for Russian attempts to influence the election. The ones I have seen try to make it sound like they are Trump supporters working to help him win.

What if it isn't Russia working for Trump? What if it is Russia, China, and every other country out there that can put together a hacking operation is in the mix? What if it isn't to help Trump?

I have a hunch. Goes like this. Right when we think it can't get any worse, that we have seen all the dirty laundry that is going to come out this cycle, we get hit with evidence that both candidates are completely un-electable. That neither could possibly serve as POTUS and most likely belong in jail. And it won't just be their dirty laundry, it will be an indictment of the entire U.S. political machine. Evidence of corruption and misconduct against a large swath of the political power structure. Then they use the ensuing chaos to achieve their goals while America has no political will, identity, unity or soul. Both sides have been dividing us to advance their own power. Now we get divorced from the powers and watch the meltdown. Then we wake up in a new world.

I don't love Hillary by any stretch of the imagination-- but to say isn't qualified to be POTUS is ridiculous. Hate on her all you want, believe that her email scandal is high treason too if you want-- it doesn't change the fact that she is a life long politician who's served as both first lady and on the cabinet and in the senate. Don't like her, don't vote for her, don't approve of her-- but you can't say she's unelectable.

Also, a war with Russia isn't going to happen. We could cut our military spending in half and still crush them. There's a reason we won the cold war. Putin is a thug and a meglomaniac. He can push our buttons but even he knows actively provoking the US is a bad idea.

And this fear of Red China is also absurd. Our trade agreements alone ensure there will never be an open conflict.

I like the idea of a October cool down. But I live in a Southern state.

Right now I'd say the scariest thing is probably comparisons to Trump and Nazi Germany if we wanna put our tin foil hat brigade in motion. Today i was buying groceries and right at the checkout lane next to a picture of Fat Jack Nicholson eating a hot dog was a picture Hillary and talk that it's not pneumonia but CANCER OF THE LUNGS! Thanks crazy magazines!

I don't love Hillary by any stretch of the imagination-- but to say isn't qualified to be POTUS is ridiculous. Hate on her all you want, believe that her email scandal is high treason too if you want-- it doesn't change the fact that she is a life long politician who's served as both first lady and on the cabinet and in the senate. Don't like her, don't vote for her, don't approve of her-- but you can't say she's unelectable.

Also, a war with Russia isn't going to happen. We could cut our military spending in half and still crush them. There's a reason we won the cold war. Putin is a thug and a meglomaniac. He can push our buttons but even he knows actively provoking the US is a bad idea.

And this fear of Red China is also absurd. Our trade agreements alone ensure there will never be an open conflict.

I think you totally missed the point. I wasn't saying that she is unelectable based on current information.

As for the war talk, this would be how they achieve their goals without open conflict. If we don't have the political will to oppose them their stock rises. Our allies become their allies. Like you said, there is a reason we won the cold war.

I just have a very hard time seeing conflict with another world power in this climate. The U.S. is the center of the econmic world and trade industry when it comes to the Orient. The wars we fight now are always against fanatics in regions where we have a political, strategic, or economic interest.

Our system is too depending on trade and commerce with most of the developed world. We would bend over backwards to keep our trade agreements with China, and they would fold without our money and they know it.

Please don't call those adventures is the sandbox "wars".

The U.S. is in fact the center of the economic world in the Orient. We plan to keep it that way too, hence the TPP to enhance competition for China's industry and limit their economic growth. China's system is dependent on trade, and we will use the shit out of that lever. Do you think China is going to play along with our plans to keep them on the second tier? They can't make their own plans to take the crown?

The TPP is actually interesting. There's actually a lot going on concerning this and it's being overshadowed by lame reporting by papers about crazy lies that come from Donald Trumps mouth or Hillary's illness. This election plays well into the trade agreement and I am interested to see if Lester Holt will bring that TPP agreement up on Monday.

What started my mind down this rabbit hole was a commercial that reminded me of the Ashley Madison hack. Then I started thinking about the OPM hack. Then I started thinking about what a good intelligence service could do with a list of every person who has ever had a security clearance and a long list of leverage to use against them. I am sure the FBI was all over it as soon as the hack went public (or sooner if they knew), but what if Russia and China had those two hacks to put together for a few months? What really damaging stuff could they have generated?

Wikilinks has been trying this for ages and while they make a dent, infowars just don't seem to cut deep. There's so many blinds and outs for guilty parties. People just don't always buy digital paper trails.

If we want to strap on tinfoil hats and get worried about hackwarfare I personally think we're in far more danger if somebody goes after our digital infrastructure.

Take down our eCommerce, shut down our power grids, reroute our trains, blind our satellites, and kill our phone data centers and you don't have to start a war with some sort of geopolitical situation. We'd implode.

Yes, we are in more danger from attacks on our infrastructure, if someone is willing to commit acts of war against us that we would respond to with full military force. Terrorists would try it, not the nation states we are talking about. We might have put Stuxnet out there, but we've got great big brass balls that clink when we walk.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.