Thinning out your belongings and getting rid of old stuff

Guest El Chalupacabra

Thinning things out and making room  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred method of getting rid of stuff you are no longer interested in (IE books, CDs, DVDs, collectibles, other things you don't use anymore)

• Ebay
    • Craigslist or simular site
    • letgo or similar smartphone app
    • second hand store
    • yard sale
    • sell privately to family, friends, neighbors, etc
    • give away to family, friends, neighbors, etc
    • donate to good will/charity
    • TRASH!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Williamwap

Im not sure if I should say anything in here, last time everything seemed to go off the rails when I stuck my nose in.

I wouldnt say Im a huge fan of old movies, but I do like watching the late night ones on the ABC. I find them interesting, they are a bit like a time capsule. However, I hate any movie that has singing in it And most of them are old ones.

I'm late to the party, but I tend to give away/donate (if it's in good condition). We have a swap group in my community that I totally under utilize but think it's a fantastic idea. Occasionally with clothes, cause I sew I'll recycle the fabric into something else if part of it's not salvageable. I really like making ribbon yarn from old clothes that I can't give away.

• 2 months later...

I donate stuff to the second-hand stores, usually a place called Stepping Stones, where the profits go towards helping homeless women and children. Once I decide I don't want something anymore, I want it OUT. I don't want to muck about with yard sales, Craiglist, or eBay. That takes too long, and I never make much money that way, so I just don't bother anymore.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.