New Rogue One trailer coming Thursday and the return of Bail Organa

Mara Jade Skywalker

So Rogue One looks good, eh?

Even if it isn't about fighter pilots?
I was just thinking about this the other day, how hilarious it is we gave you so much **** for suggesting this might not end up being about rogue squadron, and you ended up being right.

Ha! Yes. I almost wonder if the title was selected specifically for disinformation purposes.

Anyway Alderaan was a political demonstration of what happens to insufficiently loyal worlds. But a weapon that powerful has to have at least one secret test. No one wants a demo where the all-powerful weapon of mass destruction fizzles.

Is it a convention of all Star Wars films from now on that the protagonist has to have Daddy issues ?

Dude...

Every single Star Wars movie made is about daddy issues. ALL of them. This is like Rudy Juliani saying there was never a successful terrorist attack on American soil until Obama took office. ;)

Also that the man who took you away from home maybe might have slept with your mother? Or at least had the hots for her. And then he died.

Daddy issues is kind of the key theme for the saga. George and his dad weren't a good thing... hence George raising 3 kids on his own.

Thanks Mara, you've just backed up my argument regarding fan mentality 100% by disregarding a very valid criticism as nonsense.

Actually I think she retorted with a very valid reason as to why the criticism is wrong. You say Star Wars fans are in denial but I think you're denial with regard to how right she is.

Not really. Mara's defense trumpet player quoted came down to dismissing the opinion out of pure semantics. It completely side-stepped the merits because it arguably doesn't fit the correct definition of Mary Sue.

As valid reasons go, I would classify it as petty.

Daddy issues is kind of the key theme for the saga. George and his dad weren't a good thing... hence George raising 3 kids on his own.

Rogue One isn't part of the saga though, neither are the other spin offs... there is no reason that these other Star Wars films have to have characters with parental issues, just because it's at the core of the saga stories. It would be nice to see something different. Are we going to find out who Han Solo's dad was in the new Han Solo films ? pffft....

So anyway, is her Dad secretly helping the Rebels ? Or is she rebelling against him ? hmmmmm.... Maybe Daddy didn't buy her that Tauntaun she always wanted. ;-)

Just a guess:

Jyn is a Han Solo type outlaw, she gets arrested by the Alliance. At the same time her father is a highly regarded scientist who is being held by the Empire and forced to work on the Death Star. The Rebellion tells Jyn they will help her rescue her dad as long as she gets the plans to the Death Star along the way. However as the mission progresses Jyn starts to actually care about the Rebellions cause.

How does the Alliance arrest people? They are not the law.

I think the Empire arrests her and Not-Biggs breaks her out and takes her to the Alliance.

Well true but what if she was say trying to steal an Alliance ship or something and was caught? Maybe not a legal arrest, but they'd take her in. Not like they could call the government and ask for help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.