New Rogue One trailer coming Thursday and the return of Bail Organa

Mara Jade Skywalker

I'll always remember how creepy he was in Revenge of the Sith talking about how Leia would be "loved by us". Something about the delivery of that line and the look he had on his face made him look like a child molester.

Great trailer. I marked out for Vader at the end. The more I see this film unfold the more I can't stand TFA. The Death Star was such a huge deal. It drove ANH and of course will be the central focus of this one. It was bad enough that we got a repeat of it in ROTJ. But to do Super Duper Death Star again in TFA was the laziest thing Abrams and Co could've done.

Every old school fan I know likes this more than TFA in one way or another.

To me it has that same feel Halo: Reach and Revenge of the Sith both had - you essentially know how it ends, and you know it's generally bleak for the heroes, but you get the feeling that they're going to get you invested and make you care in spite of that, and for that I applaud them.

I don't think this trailer made me any more up for the movie. I think the first one better. But I'm definitely a lot higher on this movie than going into TFA. The specter of a scary nigh invincible Empire at its peak of power as the backdrop, and no superpowers to bail them out, gives this a different feel.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Great trailer. I marked out for Vader at the end. The more I see this film unfold the more I can't stand TFA. The Death Star was such a huge deal. It drove ANH and of course will be the central focus of this one. It was bad enough that we got a repeat of it in ROTJ. But to do Super Duper Death Star again in TFA was the laziest thing Abrams and Co could've done.

I don't hate TFA. When I saw it in the theaters, I loved it. Now.....I am sort of meh on in. Definitely hasn't endeared itself to me. But that is basically true of anything JJ. They are designed to make a sh*t ton of money in the first 10 weeks in the movies. Then you throw them away. He can make a block buster, you might even walk out loving the movie, but not necessarily something you are going to give a sh*t about 6 months later.

I watched TFA again recently, the parts I liked, I liked more, the parts I was annoyed by were worse. Kinda like ROTJ. That said-- it had to play by the SW handbook.

Rogue One, clearly does not have too-- and the new trailer shows that. To see ANH era designs with modern FX and camera work-- I am a-swooning. TFA pushed the envelope, but R1 seems to be mailing it directly to your mom.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.